Copyright Strikes....

20 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

As i said before UMG removed a lot of those demo's included in the box right before the box was announced, so they went manually through my channel blocking all content that was about to be released but UMG never striked me as you can see on this screenshot.

Please also note the Claimed by: UMG part
claim110.png 

In this next screenshot u can see UMG claiming a video but this time they choose to let is stay on my channel but they will monetize it, which is fine by me because i even didnt have the monetizing option turned on and nearly all my video's where monetized by UMG anyways

Please also note the Claimed by: UMG part

claim310.png

Then suddenly the IFPI comes and claims the same video and gives me a strike for it, which i find very strange because the IFPI works for companies as UMG making sure any YT money goes to the right copyright owner which in this case is UMG.

So here comes the IFPI overruling a decision made by the real content holder UMG and by doing this they make the company they work for LOOSE money.

Please note the Takedown issued by IFPI part

claim410.png  

So when that happened it raised some questions and I contacted the IFPI about it and at first, they didn't react at all but after multiple emails asking them how they could overrule a decision made by the one and only copyright holder they gave me some automated bullshit reply, not even responding to my original question. Ofcourse i replied with screenshots proving the overuling story but they never responded again. 

claim510.png

So the whole point in this is I understand UMG doesn't want stuff to be sold on Youtube and even if they don't plan on selling it but still want it gone from the tube im fine with that i don't owe any single copyright from Guns N' Roses material.

But be clear about because if i knew in the end they want it all gone i wouldnt have invested the time and effort in my channel but by monetizing almost all my vids they seemed to like the money offa it.

So it's about time  "someone to tell us what the fuck is going on Goddammit"

Have you tried contacting UMG? I'm sure they would want to investigate if they were aware some twat keeps issuing takedowns on videos they've monetised.

As a follow up I called IFPI on Friday and they said all their notices come from ifpinotices@ifpi.org  You can google the company name and there is a phone number in Great Britain for that company. I added the unlimited minutes plan to my mobile plan for calling to Great Britain at $15 a month (will drop after a month).  Believe it or not they answer the phone (email they generally dont respond). I'm curious what email was attached to your takedown notice, there had to be an email in the takedown notice, if its IFPI legit then it would have to be ifpinotices@ifpi.org any other email and its someone playing games. Mine was a gmail address and the lady said they dont use gmail accounts for takedowns. I submitted a counter notification to youtube for my videos to be reinstated. It takes 10-14 days to review. I'll followup once I get a reply.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Jim Powers said:

As a follow up I called IFPI on Friday and they said all their notices come from ifpinotices@ifpi.org  You can google the company name and there is a phone number in Great Britain for that company. I added the unlimited minutes plan to my mobile plan for calling to Great Britain at $15 a month (will drop after a month).  Believe it or not they answer the phone (email they generally dont respond). I'm curious what email was attached to your takedown notice, there had to be an email in the takedown notice, if its IFPI legit then it would have to be ifpinotices@ifpi.org any other email and its someone playing games. Mine was a gmail address and the lady said they dont use gmail accounts for takedowns. I submitted a counter notification to youtube for my videos to be reinstated. It takes 10-14 days to review. I'll followup once I get a reply.

you need to get a bit more technical than just this. you need to check the e-mail's headers, because the sender address can be faked very easily - it can show up as ifpinotices@ifpi.org, but in fact it could be anything else and this being just apparent address. the true sender address (and other info) will be somewhere in the message header.

On 3/24/2019 at 3:57 AM, Jim Powers said:

Glad you investigated. Hopefully, your videos will be reinstated. Love your work. 😊

On 24-3-2019 at 8:57 AM, Jim Powers said:

So basically your saying you got a strike from the IFPI but it came from a different email adres? If so then IFPI should be researching because it look as if someone can hand out strikes from their name, meaning their system is broke because you did receive the strikes. The whole IFPI is a terrible organisation because all is automated, people with accounts can send in any video the like. They are not verified by IFPI nor anyone else its all automated and when yt receives a copyright its not verified either but immediatly accepted until you prove they are wrong.
Always dispute the claims from IFPI as they never respond and you'll win every case simply because they dont have the manpower to verify every claim. After about 5 succesfull disputes you can take action and make your channel immune to the IFPI!!!!!.

Can you tell me the exact email adres that was used to strike you?

Not going to give the exact email address for the time being but it was in the realm of weber1972@gmail.com (again, not exact email address some letters missing at the front) and it said the company was IFPILondon.  I emailed the address and it has an automated response saying they dont have time to respond to every inquiry and has the IFPI email address at the bottom for the website (which the company website is IFPI but this dude is claiming the company is IFPILondon in the takedown notice associated with his generic weber1972 gmail account. Well there is no IFPILondon company there is just a plain IFPI. I called IFPI and they said all their copyright notice takedowns come from IFPInotices@IFPI.org  This one came from a gmail account that is under someone's name. Youtube should not have taken the videos down to begin but from googling this isn't the 1st time Guns n Roses videos have been targeted it started last August and its not the 1st time someone maliciously submitted takedown notices to a youtube account in general. The bad thing it took 4 days for youtube to forward my contact info to this email address and now I have to wait another 10-14 days for them to respond with a formal legal dispute until the strikes are dropped and my account is restored. I went from 0 to 3 strikes in one takedown notice from this gmail account. So dumb.

5 hours ago, Jim Powers said:

Not going to give the exact email address for the time being but it was in the realm of weber1972@gmail.com (again, not exact email address some letters missing at the front) and it said the company was IFPILondon.  I emailed the address and it has an automated response saying they dont have time to respond to every inquiry and has the IFPI email address at the bottom for the website (which the company website is IFPI but this dude is claiming the company is IFPILondon in the takedown notice associated with his generic weber1972 gmail account. Well there is no IFPILondon company there is just a plain IFPI. I called IFPI and they said all their copyright notice takedowns come from IFPInotices@IFPI.org  This one came from a gmail account that is under someone's name. Youtube should not have taken the videos down to begin but from googling this isn't the 1st time Guns n Roses videos have been targeted it started last August and its not the 1st time someone maliciously submitted takedown notices to a youtube account in general. The bad thing it took 4 days for youtube to forward my contact info to this email address and now I have to wait another 10-14 days for them to respond with a formal legal dispute until the strikes are dropped and my account is restored. I went from 0 to 3 strikes in one takedown notice from this gmail account. So dumb.

I feel sorry for you, and the fans. I really loved your videos.

20 hours ago, Jim Powers said:

So it seems this guy just wrote an official looking email to YT claiming he represents IFPI and thus making false accusations which are punishable, so therefore you should also contact YT and tell them this guy is abusing the system. Normally these strikes are going through the IFPI as in content holders who are officially verified always have an account with the IFPI and through that account, they can strike whomever they like even if its not their content YT and IFPI will hand out automated claims and strikes without checking the content. But according to your story it has to be a person who's acting without an account and has YT thinking its coming from an officially licensed to strike based account. So please notify both YT and IFPI about this matter.
Another thing you can do is search for the claims made against you on this website, it features al content claims ever made, and since this is not official IFPI you might be able to see who exactly is claiming this and why. Most of the times this info is blocked when it was done by a real account but in this case it might show who's responsible

https://lumendatabase.org/

Please let me know your findings

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Struggling to find the quality footage from 2017, and it seems all the apollo soundboard footage has been taken down, with the hosting channel being shut down due to too many strikes.....

This is all new to me, I knew they hit YT with strikes last year, but now it seems that fan footage is slipping away also.....