Copyright Strikes....

1 hour ago, Gambit83 said:

Is there a list of everything taken down? I'd like to post it on my podcast page. 

Basically everything that was posted on this forum :lol:

No, being serious. Countless hours of NITL videos have been lost forever, because most of them were shot by casual fans who don't collect stuff and obviously will not reupload them. All the UYI and AFD stuff, well, it can be recovered. There's people who own all of it and even more. It's the cellphone videos of this last years that we lost for good. No one took the job of backing them up. Maybe some particular ones but not the whole thing.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

For those who have another round of copyright takedowns or legal notices for Guns videos (looks like someone did another round yesterday, is it copyright takedown notice strikes or blocking countries - legal takedown) what email is sending them?  Is it webber1972@gmail.com that sent the takedown or another email?  I still have gotten no updates from youtube on my counter notice from back at the end of March. And its been since March 29 that I filed it. You would find this on the email notice or at the bottom of the actual video link that has been taken down.

Edited by Jim Powers

On 18/2/2019 at 7:59 AM, ludurigan said:

oh!

nothing to do?

really?

are you serious?

so tell me, who OWNS this nonsense that presents itself to the world as guns n' roses?

who CALLS THE SHOTS in this nonsense?

let me connect A to B for you:

it is Axl Rose calling the shots on everything that involves this nonsense that presents itself to the world as guns n' roses since at least 1996

if these nonsense takedowns are happening on youtube, ebay, lyrics sites, wherever, it is because axl rose WANTS IT to happen or ALLOWS IT to happen

and that is why i love, i really love when people come here in this forum to say that "Axl Rose has a vision for GNR"

yeah right

i couldn't have said better

If you think Axl Rose is personally involved in every minute detail of gnr you're fucking crazy. 

Online lyrics and YouTube videos mean nothing to the gnr machine. 

If for some reason a to be released songs lyrics or a to be released live album or new song got leaked, Axl would be aware of this and then he would oversee that it's resolved. Everything is handled by other people.

Axl owns and runs gnr but you're reaching.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

Is there a list of everything taken down? I'd like to post it on my podcast page. 

You could look at the tour media section. I just went there and looked through the top listing Civil War, not a single video posted in that thread works for me anymore. 

As someone else said, most of these videos are just casual fans with cell phones so the videos will never go up again. I don't think it's GNR pushing to do this but it's sad that they don't really care - all music fans enjoy seeing footage of their favourite artists.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

Are the Axl/DC videos still up on YouTube? They seem pretty popular & have good comments regarding Axl's performances. Have copyright trolls took them down also?

I watched quite a few the other night so some are still out there. No idea how many (if any) have been removed.

• Like 1

I for one never bothered saving much anything because it was so much easier to just watch everything on YouTube.

Plus, I don't think being a fan should be a constant struggle where you have to immediately save anything that you enjoy or else it's taken away from you.

The whole thing is making me feel negatively about GNR to a point where I'm actually less likely to spend money on any official release. Without bootlegs and other unofficial material the whole fan experience is so much less fun.

Honestly the best thing you can do at this point of time is not wasting time and energy on doing GNR videos... If it's only a video recorded with your smartphone and you can post it on YouTube in like 3 minutes, okay, not too much of a problem if it's been taken down, but just don't put time and energy into making pro shot vids or clips with remastered audio

Do that with the stones or Aerosmith or ACDC, but in the case of GNR this is just wasted effort 

15 minutes ago, andrew032302 said:

Got hit with a bunch a couple days ago for my videos from the San Antonio show, those videos are:

- Intro + It’s So Easy

- This I Love

- Don’t Cry

- Paradise City

- Civil War

Yeah I was checking out some of the vids from that show too (was there as well!) and noticed some were gone. <_<

51 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

This kind of bullshit makes me realise I'm not a fan of Guns N' Roses. I'm just a fan of the music. If this anti-fan behaviour is official/from Axl & co then I'll probably pirate the new album, despite being a hardcore fan. Seriously fuck you guys @Dexter @Fernando wake the fuck up. It's so awkward how everything is a mismanaged clusterfuck. Zero interaction. Izzy thanked the mygnr fans who support him...and he's not even in the band currently!

C-Can I-I please have the privilege of keeping my own footage or m-maybe we could buy official releases...no?...oh...

:facepalm:

I wonder if we had the internet around the 90s whether the band would have embraced their vids being circulated amongst the fans as some sort of cool underground music trading. Im sure current mgt are aware but dont give a shit. If a band like the grateful dead are aware and are fine with fans uploading content then it makes you wonder why someone on the gnr inside has an issue with gnr stuff. Even if gnr had their own paid subscription where for a fee you could download uploaded material.

3 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Some of you are missing the point. This is a result of a loophole within YouTube itself. There is a very similar situation involving a Nascar fans channel, were the person behind that channel breaks down the process that explains the loophole. 

The fan upload Nascar races from the late 80's early 90's and that uploaded content was removed by YouTube. 

On doing some checking the person who lodged a copy right infringement was another person who has a YouTube Nascar fan site. On contacting Nascar, Nascar was unaware of the copy right complaint , did not have an issue with there content being uploaded and could not do anything about it as it was an issue involving YouTube and a third party. 

The person behind the Nascar fan site who had content removed from their site was surprised how simple it was for any person to claim and take down YouTube content. 

In this situation it is clear some take downloads my be official via UMG but be mindful that some take downs might not be from an authorised source or connected to the band, their management or record label. 

YouTube is currently having some BIG time issues with the way they are handling content. They have come under fire with letting things slip. I wouldn't be surprised if their algorithm is flagging things that shouldn't be removed. 

5 minutes ago, Draguns said:

YouTube is currently having some BIG time issues with the way they are handling content. They have come under fire with letting things slip. I wouldn't be surprised if their algorithm is flagging things that shouldn't be removed. 

Are they impersonating the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry aswell? We know who are the one's responsible for the YouTube takedowns, and it's not YouTube. You've been missing a lot if you think that.

And yes, I'm fully aware that  YouTube's algorithm sucks ass. But this is different. You can post a Gn'R video and keep it secret and nothing will happen, but the second after you post it on this forum or certain FB groups, bam, gone.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, andrew032302 said:

Got hit with a bunch a couple days ago for my videos from the San Antonio show, those videos are:

- Intro + It’s So Easy

- This I Love

- Don’t Cry

- Paradise City

- Civil War

Who hit the account? Was it a takedown "Strike" notice?  Webber1972@gmail.com email address?