Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

41 minutes ago, craiggunslover said:

I been seeing alot of rumors about izzy and steven coming back for concert appearances..do you think axl.and slash know they need to do this in order to keep general public interest  come September?

I don't think so personally.  Public interest for a festival date won't be as big as 2016 but still substantial enough to where they theoretically could just go up and do the same ol' stuff and, us hardcore GNR fan thoughts aside, it will do perfectly fine

Steve tried 3 years ago and done his back in during rehearsals. he will never be fit enough for a 3 hour set. a few guest slots are a maybe.

Izzy is ok. he has a few quid. he won't play second fiddle and get paid in bowls of rice. 

where did you hear these rumours from ? 

is it something hot off the press or some old paper you found in the cat litter tray ? 

5 hours ago, craiggunslover said:

I been seeing alot of rumors about izzy and steven coming back for concert appearances..do you think axl.and slash know they need to do this in order to keep general public interest  come September?

Any source for those rumors outside of Lafon & Niven?

Also, GN'R absolutely does not need those two guys to keep selling tickets :lol:

58 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Any source for those rumors outside of Lafon & Niven?

Also, GN'R absolutely does not need those two guys to keep selling tickets :lol:

Well aside from mitch laronde I see alot of fans commenting on it when slash post things related to the band on social media??..so it made me think something is brewing maybe?

5 hours ago, Towelie said:

It's probably true. Anything to keep the touring machine rolling (except releasing new music).

I'd take it if it means melissa and Richard and Frank step down and let the magic of the original 5 come back..those few songs they did with steven proved they need them for the real chemistry I find ..imagine with izzy included this time...game changer for sure..

8 minutes ago, craiggunslover said:

Well aside from mitch laronde I see alot of fans commenting on it when slash post things related to the band on social media??..so it made me think something is brewing maybe?

Ah, ok....so there's nothing to it really. The fans commenting on social media are simply going by a random tweet Mitch LaFon made and things Alan Niven has said. No disrespect to either, but the users here seem to think neither of them are a great source for actual insider information.

5 minutes ago, craiggunslover said:

And it would be good business to bring them back for the mini fall tour and bill it as a  appetite classic 5 lineup tour ..would get rock fans intrested across the board I think

Bringing them back would get rock fans interested? They just finished one of the highest grossing tours of all time. I don't think getting rock fans interested is an issue.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Ah, ok....so there's nothing to it really. The fans commenting on social media are simply going by a random tweet Mitch LaFon made and things Alan Niven has said. No disrespect to either, but the users here seem to think neither of them are a great source for actual insider information.

Bringing them back would get rock fans interested? They just finished one of the highest grossing tours of all time. I don't think getting rock fans interested is an issue.

Yeah but they need a new reason to get fans intrested agian..let's be honest that 2018 run was boring and played out..even 2017 was not as exciting I found and I been a fan since 1989

46 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The various rock journalists on many sites sure do love an Alan Niven quote slapped on their website that's for sure. Even when Niven is saying stuff like Guns never split up when he was in charge, I try my best to hide my cringe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1