craiggunslover

Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

I been seeing alot of rumors about izzy and steven coming back for concert appearances..do you think axl.and slash know they need to do this in order to keep general public interest  come September?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's probably true. Anything to keep the touring machine rolling (except releasing new music).

Edited by Towelie

41 minutes ago, craiggunslover said:

I been seeing alot of rumors about izzy and steven coming back for concert appearances..do you think axl.and slash know they need to do this in order to keep general public interest  come September?

I don't think so personally.  Public interest for a festival date won't be as big as 2016 but still substantial enough to where they theoretically could just go up and do the same ol' stuff and, us hardcore GNR fan thoughts aside, it will do perfectly fine

They may tour for another 20 years, but I wouldn't hold my breath for this ever happening. Hope they prove me wrong lol :izzy:

Steve tried 3 years ago and done his back in during rehearsals. he will never be fit enough for a 3 hour set. a few guest slots are a maybe.

Izzy is ok. he has a few quid. he won't play second fiddle and get paid in bowls of rice. 

where did you hear these rumours from ? 

is it something hot off the press or some old paper you found in the cat litter tray ? 

1 hour ago, Fourteenbeers said:

My realistic guess is, that general public don't care about Izzy and Steven (if they know who they are in the first place). So the answer is no. 

The general public doesn’t give two fucks and probably doesn’t know Izzy. 

• Like 2

I don’t want to get my hopes up... I can easily see them coming back this year and playing the exact same set. 

Never ending in this lifetime tour 

I personally think , as it pains to say, izzy and steven would join is when axl is ready to retire gnr and do an AFD5 theatre tour as a goodbye.

• Like 1

I wish, honestly we'd only get facsimiles of GN'R sound if an album drops. Yeah, I know Axl writes a lot, but Izzy and Steven gave those little touches or pushed writing in the right direction. It was always the collective of them that made the writing what it was :/

13 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Clickbait title.

Agreed. Changing it in a minute.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, craiggunslover said:

Any source for those rumors outside of Lafon & Niven?

Also, GN'R absolutely does not need those two guys to keep selling tickets :lol:

Where are these rumours comming from? Cause aside the Eddie Trunk (or was it Mitch Lafon?) comment about Izzy I havent seen any rumours for a while. 

58 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Any source for those rumors outside of Lafon & Niven?

Also, GN'R absolutely does not need those two guys to keep selling tickets :lol:

Well aside from mitch laronde I see alot of fans commenting on it when slash post things related to the band on social media??..so it made me think something is brewing maybe?

And it would be good business to bring them back for the mini fall tour and bill it as a  appetite classic 5 lineup tour ..would get rock fans intrested across the board I think

5 hours ago, Towelie said:

It's probably true. Anything to keep the touring machine rolling (except releasing new music).

I'd take it if it means melissa and Richard and Frank step down and let the magic of the original 5 come back..those few songs they did with steven proved they need them for the real chemistry I find ..imagine with izzy included this time...game changer for sure..

Bring em in guest spots & maybe slowly feature them more often. I don't mind Melissa, Frank & Fortus get a pass from me for being loyal for a number of years & Fortus guitar skills are underrated.

8 minutes ago, craiggunslover said:

Well aside from mitch laronde I see alot of fans commenting on it when slash post things related to the band on social media??..so it made me think something is brewing maybe?

Ah, ok....so there's nothing to it really. The fans commenting on social media are simply going by a random tweet Mitch LaFon made and things Alan Niven has said. No disrespect to either, but the users here seem to think neither of them are a great source for actual insider information.

5 minutes ago, craiggunslover said:

And it would be good business to bring them back for the mini fall tour and bill it as a  appetite classic 5 lineup tour ..would get rock fans intrested across the board I think

Bringing them back would get rock fans interested? They just finished one of the highest grossing tours of all time. I don't think getting rock fans interested is an issue.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Ah, ok....so there's nothing to it really. The fans commenting on social media are simply going by a random tweet Mitch LaFon made and things Alan Niven has said. No disrespect to either, but the users here seem to think neither of them are a great source for actual insider information.

Bringing them back would get rock fans interested? They just finished one of the highest grossing tours of all time. I don't think getting rock fans interested is an issue.

Yeah but they need a new reason to get fans intrested agian..let's be honest that 2018 run was boring and played out..even 2017 was not as exciting I found and I been a fan since 1989