Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

37 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

He might be worth as much as Duff, but definitely not Slash. 

I'm not saying that's right, I'm just saying that's how it is.

Duff came back for a run of shows prior to Slash and it had absolutely no effect on anything. The band wasn't able to charge any more for tickets then before that. 

The combination of Slash & Axl is all that's needed for them to play stadiums and charge what they do. That's been proven. 

there have been close to two dozen non-successful incarnations of the band since izzy and axl founded it - these incarnations came after all original/classic material was written (axl and izzy being primary writers)

slash became iconic to the band to the same or even larger extent as axl  (izzy helped slash achieve this through their guitar partnership)

for the sake of making it a honest reunion you would think that axl would try and do the right thing by doing whatever it took to make it happen considering he WAS always about integrity music wise 

duff has been used to give the original reunion vibe, which to me provided his recent denial type proclamations on gnr lyrics being not what they truly are is a spineless fraud as slash said

izzy wrote way more songs than him and i'm gonna take an educated guess that duff was the main cause of izzy not rejoining b/c he wouldn't budge on his cut

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

31 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

He might be worth as much as Duff, but definitely not Slash. 

I'm not saying that's right, I'm just saying that's how it is.

Duff came back for a run of shows prior to Slash and it had absolutely no effect on anything. The band wasn't able to charge any more for tickets then before that. 

The combination of Slash & Axl is all that's needed for them to play stadiums and charge what they do. That's been proven. 

This to the hilt.  It's hard for a lot of hardcore fans to grasp but it's undoubtedly true.  

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

thats where the entourage should take a fucking beating for compromising the musical integrity of the band 

sure as shit steven matt or izzy aren't in the band because TB are so fucking up axl's ass milking all the money they can while they pretend Axl is their family member and not stephanie seymour's ex whom merely needed a shoulder to cry on 

if axl would fire all of TB clean up his life a bit, we'd have new music and the REAL band back together

If Axl fire TB, he will lost emotional support.

• Haha 1

Frank and Fortus sure as hell are not in the same league with Gilby, Izzy, Adler, Matt, playing/talent/personality wise, talent or any god forsaken wise.

Fortus would kill if he could just write a song on the level of Tijuana Jail or Cure me or kill me...Not to mention all the songs Izzy wrote in GNR. 

Frank can listen to UYI's or TSI but not repeat a single song on that level

Edited by shotsfired cro
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

ok so lets be happy with one of the best classic rock bands of all time have their drummer sound like this (clip below) - matt in my opinion is the better option as to appease having a more normal guy to be around that both slash and duff both love but nooo AXL hates him cause he's too real. 

As for izzy? you're assuming he's not worth the $ but many would argue that he is, anyways we fans lose as a result - fortus as technically proficient as he is OVER PLAYS everything and does not mesh well at all with slash as izzy and the top hat are pure fucking magic together  

Izzy's pretty straight forward - if he wanted "equal loot", he wasn't entitled to it, legally or on principal. So it's easy for you to say other people should give up their money so you can get what you want but that's not really fair, is it? Funny how Axl/Slash/Duff are the villains for being greedy but Izzy, demanding money he has no right to demand, isn't greedy at all. 

Adler's an obnoxious liability and it's not fair to expect them to put up with someone they don't want to be around and don't trust, again, because it's what you would rather. I'd prefer Matt but he doesn't have a history of getting long with others for long so, again, they don't have to include someone they think could be a problem or make this an unpleasant experience. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

for the sake of making it a honest reunion you would think that axl would try and do the right thing by doing whatever it took to make it happen considering he WAS always about integrity music wise

Who says they didn't? But he walked out on them in the middle of a massive world tour, and presumably gave up his stake in the partnership. You don't get to walk back in the door as an equal and dictate what your cut will be. The alleged tweet he posted about them not wanting to share the loot equally is laughable. He was never going to be making the same money, that's a non-starter.

41 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Adler's an obnoxious liability and it's not fair to expect them to put up with someone they don't want to be around and don't trust, again, because it's what you would rather.

With the money figures that floated around for that tour, it would have been an insane risk.

8 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

What they just don't see is that Izzy is the one who gets the nerds, the bloggers, the hipsers, the writers, the music journalists...

Like Renato and Xozi? I don't think they're too fussed about appeasing the super nerds. And they've always hated the press anyway.

Edited by moreblack

8 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I believe if they sit down with Izzy and Steven and treat them with respect they could find an arrangement, not gonna happen when TB is involved though. They did a world of good for Axl but they were not around in the old days. They just don't get "it".

I agree. 

6 hours ago, default_ said:

Theres much more to Frank being in the band than being "cheap". 

I dont even like Franks drumming but saying he is there just because he is cheap is ridiculous. 

He's also Axl's guy. He was with Axl through Chinese and they built a relationship up. Axl has a big heart. Aren't there stories around of him not firing people because he knows they have a family or something? Feel that's how it kind of is with Frank. Franks done nothing wrong, there's no reason to get rid of him. Fans may be split on his drumming but Axl likes him so he's staying

27 minutes ago, moreblack said:

With the money figures that floated around for that tour, it would have been an insane risk.

That is what contracts are for.. It is more than likely that a contract had a lot to do with Axl's sudden punctuality... 

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

That is what contracts are for.. It is more than likely that a contract had a lot to do with Axl's sudden punctuality... 

I agree, and chances are they had to sign those for each show as well with the venues, and they'd be on the hook for a lot of $$$ if Adler went down, or relapsed.

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

Frank and Fortus sure as hell are not in the same league with Gilby, Izzy, Adler, Matt, playing/talent/personality wise, talent or any god forsaken wise.

Fortus would kill if he could just write a song on the level of Tijuana Jail or Cure me or kill me...Not to mention all the songs Izzy wrote in GNR. 

Frank can listen to UYI's or TSI but not repeat a single song on that level

Fortus and Frank are in the same league strictly from a playing standpoint. I pretty much agree with the other aspects though.

A journalist that talked with Frank Ferrer noted that at the gigs in Bs. As first night (11/04/16), they told Axl Steven was there to play 2 songs. Axl said "Who?" the entourage told him it was Steven Adler again. He replied: "One." So note he did not even know Steven was down there and he cut it by his desire to be one single song..
The guy said Frank told this in a relaxed chill funny way btw.

3 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Could be, but in the video above of his solo, his snare sounds terrible. The toms and bass aren't bad, the concert I went to in hartford his toms was horrible as was his snare. Probably right about the mix/eq

I don't think that's his drums in the video, just something they went and picked up for the video. But yeah, I think it's just the mix. Hard to tell unless you and I could play his kit in person.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, valengf said:

A journalist that talked with Frank Ferrer noted that at the gigs in Bs. As first night (11/04/16), they told Axl Steven was there to play 2 songs. Axl said "Who?" the entourage told him it was Steven Adler again. He replied: "One." So note he did not even know Steven was down there and he cut it by his desire to be one single song..
The guy said Frank told this in a relaxed chill funny way btw.

What a shame. Axl really is such a douche.

• Like 3

Just now, moreblack said:

I agree, and chances are they had to sign those for each show as well with the venues, and they'd be on the hook for a lot of $$$ if Adler went down, or relapsed.

Well there’s insurance for all of that. But the cost to insure those guys would certainly rise costs for production and eat into profit on both the band and Live Nation’s side. It could have been from both sides to avoid them

It comes down to $. GNR has a fee to book them and if Live Nation continues to make $, then that fee stays the same. When that fee starts to dwindle then they could perhaps look to bring those guys in the fold to generate interest again.

It’s a cash your chip scenario. The 3 of them didn’t need those guys to cash in and the other 2 didn’t like the pay day to participate fully. They can now go back to the well when it makes sense bring those guys back. Izzy wasn’t going to blow a reunion pay day on that contract and Axl Slash and Duff didn’t need him to get their big reunion pay day. Instead they’ll go back later and get paid twice 

• Like 1