Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

Izzy's pretty straight forward - if he wanted "equal loot", he wasn't entitled to it, legally or on principal. So it's easy for you to say other people should give up their money so you can get what you want but that's not really fair, is it? Funny how Axl/Slash/Duff are the villains for being greedy but Izzy, demanding money he has no right to demand, isn't greedy at all. 

Adler's an obnoxious liability and it's not fair to expect them to put up with someone they don't want to be around and don't trust, again, because it's what you would rather. I'd prefer Matt but he doesn't have a history of getting long with others for long so, again, they don't have to include someone they think could be a problem or make this an unpleasant experience. 

your by far my favorite poster here 

are you on TB by any chance? 

26 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

True, but is it really healthy to get emotional support from someone who's butt buddies with BloJo?

You are right, but is Axl's choice in TB favour. Look to he weigh most his personal life , rather that TB bad management.

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

In a way, the whole thing has become a rather cold operation, might work to bring in the money and make the vanilla crowd happy but other than that and in the long run? They sell everything that seperated them from the bands they once crushed and for a brief moment put them on a level with bands like the Stones, Aerosmith and Zeppelin.

I remember when Page and Plant did that Unplugged thing in the 90's and toured without Jones, it was a success and fans loved it but it was nothing like the actual reunion concert, both when it comes to the quality of the music and the receiption of the audience. They will be remembered for that, not for unledded. If GNR don't want the artistically half assed NITL tour be their last statement they better start thinking long and hard and act accordingly.

What they just don't see is that Izzy is the one who gets the nerds, the bloggers, the hipsers, the writers, the music journalists...basically everyone who isn't too excited about poster boys and just appreciates good music and good songwriting will be on their side then. I admit most casuals don't give a shit, but do you know any actual music fan who hates Izzy Stradlin? I don't. He is the SOUL of this band and to a level you can say that about Adler too.

If they travel in their own planes and have seperate hotels anyway they might as well do it the right way for the sake of the musical chemistry wich is undeniably pissing on everything they did solo or side wise after the original lineup. Have a look at the boost Adler gave them when he guested on two songs, that was just crazy, everyone was playing better and the energy was just insane. They could keep Frank and Richard around as wild cart players just in case but to not bring the full reunion is just stupid on so many levels.

I believe if they sit down with Izzy and Steven and treat them with respect they could find an arrangement, not gonna happen when TB is involved though. They did a world of good for Axl but they were not around in the old days. They just don't get "it".

YOU SUMMED IT UP!

I think I can refrain from reading these threads now that you've distilled it down.  Again, they all have more money than they could spend at this point... Slash is going to spend the rest of his life wearing chucks living out of a suitcase until he drops dead on stage, Duff has his Starbucks money, Axl can have his lamb dinners until 2200... Embrace the insane one in a million combustible chemistry that made you and lean into it before you're all fucking wrinkled has-been's and make a final statement. It's a band not an insurance firm.

David Lee Roth said it on Marc Maron the other day when speaking about his personal relationship with EVH and how it doesn't fucking matter... "Ask Nitro what he thinks of Glycerin?" 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

and his bank account will surely increase and he can become his own person 

people won't really realize how much he's been hijacked by these wackos until a lot later 

It was 10°C here yesterday, in the middle of the summer. I think it's Beta's fault !

1 hour ago, valengf said:

A journalist that talked with Frank Ferrer noted that at the gigs in Bs. As first night (11/04/16), they told Axl Steven was there to play 2 songs. Axl said "Who?" the entourage told him it was Steven Adler again. He replied: "One." So note he did not even know Steven was down there and he cut it by his desire to be one single song..
The guy said Frank told this in a relaxed chill funny way btw.

I'm glad I had the under for 1.5 on how many songs Axl would let Steven play.😄

• Confused 1

Did Ax feel like he couldn't perform at that level for 2 songs? Can we all agree that Out Ta Get Me at Dodger Stadium is probably the most compelling part of this whole NITL thing thus far? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if that "so you can suck me!" was directed at Popcorn. Maybe he needs that latent seething resentment... Anger is Axl's batteries :) . Before that show my favorite post-UYI Axl performance was Nightrain in 2006 at Download... and there's Izzy!

I've got 2000+ posts on a GNR internet forum and I didn't even bother to see them when NITL came to town... but I'd pay 1000 bucks to see a show at that level with Izzy along for the ride. 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ant said:

I've got 2000+ posts on a GNR internet forum and I didn't even bother to see them when NITL came to town... but I'd pay 1000 bucks to see a show at that level with Izzy along for the ride. 

As successful as the tour was, I also know people that didn't go due to the lineup. A handful of people actually.. Even more that didn't go due to prices.. That said I know more people that went than both of those combined. I actually have a ton of friends and acquaintances that went to the 3 shows NITL that came this way.

19 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

As successful as the tour was, I also know people that didn't go due to the lineup. A handful of people actually.. Even more that didn't go due to prices.. That said I know more people that went than both of those combined. I actually have a ton of friends and acquaintances that went to the 3 shows NITL that came this way.

i also know a handful of friends with money, that chose not to go due to the line up - these are guys that grew up with guns and have really good jobs - they can't be bothered 

axl still has a bad reputation as much as his fan boy base does not want to recognize 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ant said:

Did Ax feel like he couldn't perform at that level for 2 songs? Can we all agree that Out Ta Get Me at Dodger Stadium is probably the most compelling part of this whole NITL thing thus far? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if that "so you can suck me!" was directed at Popcorn. Maybe he needs that latent seething resentment... Anger is Axl's batteries :) . Before that show my favorite post-UYI Axl performance was Nightrain in 2006 at Download... and there's Izzy!

His best vocal performance after the end of Illusion tour is probably the 2010 reunion with Duff. He dug deep and found his prime rasp, probably because he wanted to impress Duff. It's the only time since the early 90's that he has sounded any good on You Could Be Mine for instance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

His best vocal performance after the end of Illusion tour is probably the 2010 reunion with Duff. He dug deep and found his prime rasp, probably because he wanted to impress Duff. It's the only time since the early 90's that he has sounded any good on You Could Be Mine for instance. 

i rest my case - this performance and adler's first performance in 2016 are vintage axl moments 

furthermore, izzy's first appearance if somebody can find it ?! in 2006 with think about you is also vintage axl

3 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Anger and heartbreak is axls batteries. 

Just now, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i rest my case - this performance and adler's first performance in 2016 are vintage axl moments 

furthermore, izzy's first appearance if somebody can find it ?! in 2006 with think about you is also vintage axl

2006 his vocals were awesome for the most part, rock am ring is still one of my top ten guns performances

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

I can't figure out why he didn't seem to bring it as well for Slash though. Even the first 2016 gig at the Troubadour, the few clips we have of it sounds like quite a bit of Mickey Mouse. He brought the strongest rasp possible for Angus and AC/DC around that same time period though, clearly wanted to impress them. Screamed his balls off for Angus. Then showed up for the GN'R stuff with Slash pretty much half-assing it by comparison. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I can't figure out why he didn't seem to bring it as well for Slash though. Even the first 2016 gig at the Troubadour, the few clips we have of it sounds like quite a bit of Mickey Mouse. He brought the strongest rasp possible for Angus and AC/DC around that same time period though, clearly wanted to impress them. Screamed his balls off for Angus. Then showed up for the GN'R stuff with Slash pretty much half-assing it by comparison. 

agreed for some reason i feel like there were still some deep rooted resentment to slash for the first bit - it was telling in the interview on china exchange how he dismissed slash in a manner that showed he was still quite resentful, also not bringing him in the globo interview as well 

i was lucky enough to see one of the very few axl moments where he did bring his A game for the most part at the Mexico City dates (belting jungle and estranged in the pouring rain while in his  chair)- i feel like those along with adler appearances were very good moments for him

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

5 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I believe if they sit down with Izzy and Steven and treat them with respect they could find an arrangement, not gonna happen when TB is involved though. They did a world of good for Axl but they were not around in the old days. They just don't get "it".

Who's to say they didn't treat them with respect? There's two sides to this and it's not just Evil Axl or Team Brazil, Izzy and Adler weren't deal breakers for Slash or Duff either.

regarding Izzys worth, if we are talking about song writing credits, then he absolutely deserves equal loot.  but how valuable are the songs?  dont get me wrong without the songs there would be no band, however Axl had the band name and a very similar set list to the NITL shows in 2012 and was playing to half empty theaters in Vegas. 

Slash comes back and they instantly go to playing football stadiums, with the same exact songs.  nothing new, unless you count Coma and 3 more cover songs.  

if it was Izzy who came back and not Slash, they would still be playing theaters. he has no social media following, barely sells any records whenever it is that he decides to release them, doesnt do press and is honestly the least fan friendly member of the band.  and that's saying something for this band.

So if we determine value by putting asses in the seats, then no, Izzy does not deserve equal share as Slash or Duff.  Only people that will care that Iz is back will be the hardcore fans, most of whom are on this message board (me included). 

• Like 4

Before Velvet Revolver got started, Slash and Duff and Matt were jamming with Izzy and as soon as they started looking for a singer is he flaked on them. I wonder if that's something that might have played into the fact that Duff n' slash didn't seem that bothered with Izzy not being there.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Before Velvet Revolver got started, Slash and Duff and Matt were jamming with Izzy and as soon as they started looking for a singer is he flaked on them. I wonder if that's something that might have played into the fact that Duff n' slash didn't seem that bothered with Izzy not being there.

Or... that had nothing to do with it and Slash and Duff just didn't want to risk the chance of being a part of Gn'R again cause that would have been considered actually standing up to Axl and what he wants. We don't know. Izzy said the 3 of them didn't want to share the loot equally. Why would he lie? other than that, we have no idea what went down when they tried to make some kind of an arrangement with Izzy. We have no knowledge of the details.

I know you're more of a Slash fan than Izzy's so that might have something to do with why you're mentioning unrelated events and passing that as a plausible reason of why it's Izzy that's the problem and not greed for example.

Edited by Rovim

People go on about Steven not being in the band due to being unreliable.

Izzy is flakey as all buggery. No way you could trust him to stick around for a full tour!

Too big a deal for too many people. Too much money at stake to risk it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

regarding Izzys worth, if we are talking about song writing credits, then he absolutely deserves equal loot.  but how valuable are the songs?  dont get me wrong without the songs there would be no band, however Axl had the band name and a very similar set list to the NITL shows in 2012 and was playing to half empty theaters in Vegas. 

Slash comes back and they instantly go to playing football stadiums, with the same exact songs.  nothing new, unless you count Coma and 3 more cover songs.  

if it was Izzy who came back and not Slash, they would still be playing theaters. he has no social media following, barely sells any records whenever it is that he decides to release them, doesnt do press and is honestly the least fan friendly member of the band.  and that's saying something for this band.

So if we determine value by putting asses in the seats, then no, Izzy does not deserve equal share as Slash or Duff.  Only people that will care that Iz is back will be the hardcore fans, most of whom are on this message board (me included). 

Even the so called hardcore fans don’t care. This is strictly a forum complaint. All of GNR’s UYI videos except YCBM do not feature Izzy. He was not on most of the UYI tour and nobody gave a shit. That version was accepted as GNR by everyone on this forum. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

agreed for some reason i feel like there were still some deep rooted resentment to slash for the first bit - it was telling in the interview on china exchange how he dismissed slash in a manner that showed he was still quite resentful, also not bringing him in the globo interview as well 

i was lucky enough to see one of the very few axl moments where he did bring his A game for the most part at the Mexico City dates (belting jungle and estranged in the pouring rain while in his  chair)- i feel like those along with adler appearances were very good moments for him

To be honest i would have thought any personal issues between axl and slash woukd have been settled and all parties move on by the time the china exchange happened. But i think either some issues cant be forgotten ( he can forgive but not forget)  or takes axl some time to mentally bury things for the better even if he can accept things.

Edited by Sydney Fan

4 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Axl sounded straight up terrible at the Troubadour show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DK6 said:

Izzy is flakey as all buggery. No way you could trust him to stick around for a full tour!

He didn't last time either :shrugs:

Funny thing is, when it was Axl N' Strangers, he went all over the place with them show after show to do like 2/3 songs a night.

Edited by moreblack