Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

Just now, Ant said:

They threw him out for being a junkie... problem solved. He can play, he’s cheap, he’s an essential part of AFD’s sound, he’s great to fans and the NITL is a shameless nostalgia show. Slash doesn’t want Steven around? Or Duff? We don’t know! Doubt it myself but nobody knows. If he’s chomping at the bit to play I don’t see how reliability is an issue as a supplemental guest for most dates. I think it’s petty to give him just a taste when a little more would be a universe of difference for him and his fans and the history/legacy of the band.

You don’t have a very romantic view of GNR :). Izzy doesn’t deserve equal money, says right here on this document. Frank is a better employee, he never clocks in late. Great. Welcome to the jungle — Hit it Melissa! 

Adler himself went on one of his radio interview whine fests saying that Slash and Duff are mean to him because Slash doesn't return his calls and Duff was pissed at him for going off on a bender when he invited Adler to open for Loaded. He doesn't appear to be someone they want in their lives on a daily basis or someone they think they can trust and why would they? He's unreliable, obnoxious, quick to run to the radio with his every grievance, and still stuck in 1989 with the maturity of a teenager.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Adler himself went on one of his radio interview whine fests saying that Slash and Duff are mean to him because Slash doesn't return his calls and Duff was pissed at him for going off on a bender when he invited Adler to open for Loaded. He doesn't appear to be someone they want in their lives on a daily basis or someone they think they can trust and why would they? He's unreliable, obnoxious, quick to run to the radio with his every grievance, and still stuck in 1989 with the maturity of a teenager.  

what is wrong with you every post you put is defending this stupid lineup and you enjoy just throwing guys that created this fucking band under the bus. i'd say your a troll solely because you say things that simply cut through and scream I'm TB and I'm Axl - NOBODY THAT IS A TRUE FAN AGREES WITH YOU THAT DOES NOT HAVE THIS KIND OF AGENDA - I DON"T EVEN THINK AXL WOULD AGREE WITH YOU

what do you think is the right solution for a reunion? it's like your trying to take away their RRHF status which you or nobody else can

axl wanted his NU GNR to be inducted ! thats how fucking far in left field him or anyone that supported his way of thinking look no further to his open letter ROFL! 

the guy knows hes gotta do it and when he does and if he does what are you gonna say about it? are you going to keep your stance?  he knows better than you that if he doesn't he's a goner as a rock legend and will be known as a major prick first and foremost 

i remember when everyone on that other lovely fan site including the webmaster guy throwing slash under the bus and banning people because of it - this sounds exactly like the same type of hypocritical type of drivel, what are those clowns saying now 

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

He's not lead singer material. Certainly not for what they wanted. 

fine then why you saying he flaked out way to slander like its your job! lol

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

Here's why I defend it.

1) After years and years and years of complaining that Slash isn't in GNR, and they won't reunite, Hell freezes over and Slash and Duff rejoin GNR. Awesome, right? It took a couple of months before people moved on to whining about Izzy, Steven or the same set list every night. Seriously, you get SLASH back in GNR and are mad that frigging Steven Adler isn't there? So at this point I just think certain GNR fans just need something to complain about because it's not 1990 anymore and they don't like that.

2) It's just reality. If Izzy wants more money than he's entitled to or deserves, they don't have to just give it to him just because.....if Adler's an obnoxious tool they don't want to tour with or trust to be in the band, they don't have to bring him along just because.....they're the people who have the deal with the benefits/costs of the decisions they make so they have the right to make those decisions. It's unrealistic and unfair to think they should fork over some of their money to someone who's not entitled to it or risk the whole thing by introducing an obnoxious wild card just because you, personally, would like them to. 

your right they haven't made enough money yet 

2 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

your right they haven't made enough money yet 

Izzy's not exactly poor, you know? Partially because he sold his share of the band for a large sum of money and didn't have to pay the legal fees that came with managing it for the last 20 years. But, sure, he should get the same money as those that did, right?

It's easy, really, really, easy, to tell other people they should forego money they can or should earn when it's not yours, isn't it?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Izzy's not exactly poor, you know? Partially because he sold his share of the band for a large sum of money and didn't have to pay the legal fees that came with managing it for the last 20 years. But, sure, he should get the same money as those that did, right?

It's easy, really, really, easy, to tell other people they should forego money they can or should earn when it's not yours, isn't it?

managing what band that band didn't fucking exist in the public domain for those 20 years 

only gnr losers like myself knew what axl was doing slagging it in the mud

izzy was smart to sell his shares 

they wanted him back for peanuts 

he said no - he wins - they lose (symbolically)

• Like 1

Just now, double talkin jive mfkr said:

managing what band that band didn't fucking exist in the public domain for those 20 years 

only gnr losers like myself knew what axl was doing slagging it in the mud

izzy was smart to sell his shares 

they wanted him back for peanuts 

he said no - he wins - they lose (symbolically)

If Izzy didn't sell his shares he would have a claim to the "equal loot" Axl/Slash/Duff are enjoying today, so, wasn't that smart, no?

You know when a GNR song was licensed for a soundtrack? Well Axl/Slash/Duff had to agree, typically through lawyers charging them money, to let that happen. You know when GNR was sued for something? Well Axl/Slash/Duff had to pay lawyers to defend that. You know when Axl pissed off Slash or Slash pissed off Axl and they went to court over something? Yeah, they paid lawyers. Axl/Slash/Duff managed the GNR band/brand the last 20 years, often times at their own personal expense. So that's why they don't think Izzy can stroll back in and get what they're getting. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

If Izzy didn't sell his shares he would have a claim to the "equal loot" Axl/Slash/Duff are enjoying today, so, wasn't that smart, no?

You know when a GNR song was licensed for a soundtrack? Well Axl/Slash/Duff had to agree, typically through lawyers charging them money, to let that happen. You know when GNR was sued for something? Well Axl/Slash/Duff had to pay lawyers to defend that. You know when Axl pissed off Slash or Slash pissed off Axl and they went to court over something? Yeah, they paid lawyers. Axl/Slash/Duff managed the GNR band/brand the last 20 years, often times at their own personal expense. So that's why they don't think Izzy can stroll back in and get what they're getting. 

it was smart he didn't have to deal with all the BS that axl caused throughout those stupid non-functional years 

look its not simple to work out the money but i assume they did a pretty bad job to not make it work and since you seem to be an insider please share the specific details 

was the proposal for it to be a hybrid and to pay izzy as a guest or a full time reunion with guest type wages? 

theres no real precedents to go off of - but they wanted him back cause he rules, but he's no shmuck so his integrity is in place... you don't remember 1991 and Axl being the major prick that he was pushed izzy to sell and now they all want him back fucking weirdos 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

it was smart he didn't have to deal with all the BS that axl caused throughout those stupid non-functional years 

look its not simple to work out the money but i assume they did a pretty bad job to not make it work and since you seem to be an insider please share the specific details 

was the proposal for it to be a hybrid and to pay izzy as a guest or a full time reunion with guest type wages? 

theres no real precedents to go off of - but they wanted him back cause he rules, but he's no shmuck so his integrity is in place... you don't remember 1991 and Axl being the major prick that he was pushed izzy to sell and now they all want him back fucking weirdos 

It's not that hard to work out the money - Axl/Slash/Duff have some legal ownership of GNR, they sat down and worked out a percentage for all 3 that all 3 were happy with. Izzy walks in and says "I want that too!" and that's bullshit. He sold his stock and when the stock became valuable he wanted them to pretend he didn't. 

32 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Seriously, you get SLASH back in GNR and are mad that frigging Steven Adler isn't there? So at this point I just think certain GNR fans just need something to complain about because it's not 1990 anymore and they don't like that.

You hit the nail on the head. They don't want to be happy, and even if they AFD5 wrote new music, they'd hate it.

• Like 1

you two are too much haha 

i didn't know dexter and TB hired guys on forums but makes sense since he was highly active here a number of years ago when he was in a dark place 

i chose not to ask him anything as he clearly wasn't the axl of 1990 that everyone loved 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Haha 1

Just now, Modano09 said:

I was honestly stunned. Slash coming back was the biggest want/topic for 20 years and within months of him coming back it's "well where's Steven?".  

To be fair ppl were hating on Frank since Brain left. I'd love to have this lineup with Brain instead of Frank myself.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

you two are too much haha 

i didn't know dexter hired guys on forums but makes sense since he was highly active here a number of years ago when he was in a dark place 

i chose not to ask him anything as he clearly wasn't the axl of 1990 that everyone loved 

Most people in 2019 aren't the person they were in 1990.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

It's not that hard to work out the money - Axl/Slash/Duff have some legal ownership of GNR, they sat down and worked out a percentage for all 3 that all 3 were happy with. Izzy walks in and says "I want that too!" and that's bullshit. He sold his stock and when the stock became valuable he wanted them to pretend he didn't. 

How hard would it have been to work out a deal based solely on the NITL tour? 

Yes the original agreement is in place, but face it. Axl was in Vegas before the reunion. Why not leave the agreement made in the 90s by Izzy, retroactive to all the merch recordings yadda yadda in place, and have NEW merch agreements in place, new agreements on royalties from possible releases from the tour, split the loot evenly FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE TOUR. 

Shit band though they are, I think the beach boys have done this a few times in the past. The Mike love only beach boys stop touring, the originals or what’s left alive get back together for a tour as the beach boys and then it’s back to mike love in charge again Brian Wilson gone and they tour again as the beach boys. (Something like this, correct me if wrong)

So who had a problem with everyone getting a fair share of something for an 18 month period, or what ever the proposed length of the tour was.

Izzy signs and flakes out he’s in breach of contract and all that entails. 

I think Slash & Duff bought back in as full members and Izzy was the cost. Frank, Fortus, dizzy & Melissa are on Axls payroll and out of his percentage I’m guessing. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

since he was highly active here a number of years ago when he was in a dark place 

No shit, he was pretty fucking scary.  Declined to read most of what he said.  Doesn't get much darker than that.  Where were his friends when that was going on?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Powderfinger said:

How hard would it have been to work out a deal based solely on the NITL tour? 

Yes the original agreement is in place, but face it. Axl was in Vegas before the reunion. Why not leave the agreement made in the 90s by Izzy, retroactive to all the merch recordings yadda yadda in place, and have NEW merch agreements in place, new agreements on royalties from possible releases from the tour, split the loot evenly FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE TOUR. 

Shit band though they are, I think the beach boys have done this a few times in the past. The Mike love only beach boys stop touring, the originals or what’s left alive get back together for a tour as the beach boys and then it’s back to mike love in charge again Brian Wilson gone and they tour again as the beach boys. (Something like this, correct me if wrong)

So who had a problem with everyone getting a fair share of something for an 18 month period, or what ever the proposed length of the tour was.

Izzy signs and flakes out he’s in breach of contract and all that entails. 

I think Slash & Duff bought back in as full members and Izzy was the cost. Frank, Fortus, dizzy & Melissa are on Axls payroll and out of his percentage I’m guessing. 

Because, apparently, Izzy wanted "equal loot" and based on him having nothing to do with operating or managing or representing GNR since 1991, and based on him having nothing to do with the negotiations and work that went into making the NITL tour a reality, he was out of line expecting it. 

Personally, based on anything we know about Izzy, I think it's unlikely he was willing to sign up for world touring for years to come anyway, but, just looking at it from the financial side of it, he let Axl/Slash/Duff deal with GNR for 20 years and then put the work in to personally and professionally set up a lucrative tour and then expects to get the same money as they are. 

27 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I was honestly stunned. Slash coming back was the biggest want/topic for 20 years and within months of him coming back it's "well where's Steven?".  

The biggest want/topic for over 20 years, was for the original 5 to write and record an album again.

At least among the Guns fans I know. Yeah great Slash is back, where’s the music. Oh... Wheres Izzy.

He was involved in the writing of 18 tracks with Guns and a few of those were solo compositions. 

He might mean fuck all to the general public, but he means a lot to the tunes.... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

He was involved in the writing of 18 tracks with Guns and a few of those were solo compositions. 

He might mean fuck all to the general public, but he means a lot to the tunes.... 

But that was so long ago.  Some people are expecting it would work right where it left off in the 90s. And even back then he was notoriously flaky, these days the second there was weirdness he'd bolt.

Edited by moreblack

1 minute ago, moreblack said:

But that was so long ago.  Some people are expecting it would work right where it left off in the 90s. And even back then he was notoriously flaky, these days the second there was weirdness he'd bolt.

Yes it was long ago, that’s why there’s been 1 album since the dude left. Songs are needed if the band are to stay relevant. And I would do what I could to have him contribute 18 more. All of them guys have matured I’m sure as songwriters, but it’s not like sport, you don’t loose the ability as you get older, you can still play and write to a good old age. 

Having said that Writing songs with Izzy must be like playing football with Messi... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

See but before that all the resident Modano’s were saying Slash is never coming back, Bumblefoot is actually the superior player, NuGNR is going to surpass Classic Guns, stop living in the butt-rock past, have you even tried Ashba water? :)

... then the impossible happens, Slash *does* come back and it *is* infinitely better. And now the smaller obstacles of rounding out the lineup seem like peanuts in comparison, yet they’d pay huge dividends in both the performance quality as well as future creative output. 

I’m stoked they did NITL even if I didn’t care enough to see it, but it’s certainly run it’s course. They got their cash pile and realized they could rekindle lost friendships. GNR could have this really cool artistically rewarding twilight era in a rock-devoid world ala Zep and The Stones. Sucks that it seems to be so close yet so far! 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2