Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

Unfortunately, Steven fucked it up again and again with his weird antics and interviews and all that. Can't really blame them for not wanting to deal with that.

With Izzy, we just don't have enough information to judge, imo. Could very well be that Izzy is just greedy and only cares for the money, way more than the other guys.

We don't know how Slash feels about 4tus or Frank or Melissa.

I hope they can release a new album in the near future since it all feels quite depressing at this point.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 3

Ultimately with the Izzy situation, none of us really know enough of the nitty gritty details to know if the Big 3 said no to a reasonable amount, or if Izzy was overreaching with the monetary demands, or what Izzy wanted to do regarding if he was to be the full time rhythm guitarist, or Adler-type guest slots, etc.  It sucks we don't have said information because everyone is going the radio silent route, however some people in this thread are wayyy more confident to take one side over the other than I sure am

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I dont know about flaky. Matt sorum did an aust  radio interview where during the illusions recording the whole band minus axl were recordibg together. Matt in one room izzy, slash and duff in the other cutting the tracks to then send to axl. On tour izzy wasnt the one going on late. He was there until he left travelling in his own bus as a way of not being around the bands decadence.

EXACTLY 

izzy if anything is not flaky, he is productive and essential to the songwriting process - why haven't axl and slash been able to write shit together since 91? ding ding ding 

what is being twisted by some is that him being media shy (which is cool is shit) is flaky - hahaha 

nope, he's the real deal, realer than anyone could wish to be 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Unfortunately, Steven fucked it up again and again with his weird antincs and interviews and all that. Can't really blame them for not wanting to deal with that.

With Izzy, we just don't have enough information to judge, imo. Could very well be that Izzy is just greedy and only cares for the money, way more than the other guys.

We don't know how Slash feels about 4tus or Frank or Melissa.

I hope they can release a new album in the near future since it all feels quite depressing at this point.

I feel the same: the band at this point is depressing. The tour has been very successful. But without new music and with this weird line-up, I've lost all interest in the "band".

It's so boring.

15 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Because he didn't refuse to come back without Izzy or Adler? Maybe Slash doesn't feel Izzy is entitled to the money he wanted or doesn't care about or trust Adler enough to insist he be there?

For many reasons actually but you can go ahead and speak my mind for me if it makes you happy...  Now will you please go the fuck away? I have asked you more than once to use the "ignore user" feature for me so you aren't persuaded to talk to me anymore.. I don't hate many people.. Especially people that I don't even know.. But my feelings for you are pretty damn close.. So are so fucking annoying...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rovim said:

Slash admitted it stung a little knowing Duff played with Axl in 2010. I think it wasn't just about the money. Slash wanted to return to Guns, to be in the same band with Axl again.

I think when Slash said Duff playing with Guns stung a little bit, he more meant it in the way that he probably felt a bit betrayed by Duff more so than him being jealous that he wasn't in the band too. You do make some other valid points though. 

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

For many reasons actually but you can go ahead and speak my mind for me if it makes you happy...  Now will you please go the fuck away? I have asked you more than once to use the "ignore user" feature for me so you aren't persuaded to talk to me anymore.. I don't hate many people.. Especially people that I don't even know.. But my feelings for you are pretty damn close.. So are so fucking annoying...

Think about how annoying you find me. Pretty annoying, right? Okay. Now imagine having to tour with me for years to come. Doesn't sound too appealing, does it? So now you know why Axl/Slash/Duff used to real life "ignore user" feature on Adler. 

13 hours ago, moreblack said:

To be fair ppl were hating on Frank since Brain left. I'd love to have this lineup with Brain instead of Frank myself.

I am in no way a fan of the CD era but I would take Brain every day over Frank... Actually I was into the CD era early on and used to listen to that Rock In Rio show frequently.. Never had a problem with Brain...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

EXACTLY 

izzy if anything is not flaky, he is productive and essential to the songwriting process - why haven't axl and slash been able to write shit together since 91? ding ding ding 

what is being twisted by some is that him being media shy (which is cool is shit) is flaky - hahaha 

nope, he's the real deal, realer than anyone could wish to be 

I don't know how people can deny that Izzy is how he is. He's consistently described as such. "Flaky" sounds negative, sure, but he's a free spirit who seems to want to do what he wants to do in the moment without any long term commitment to anything. It's not an insult to point that out but it's not necessarily what you're looking for if you're looking to do years of world touring either.  

14 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

your right they haven't made enough money yet 

You're being obtuse. Adler has never shown the propensity to act as a mature adult. Rather, he acts like a petulant child who isn't allowed another chocolate-chip cookie from the jar. Would I love to see the AFD 5 on stage together? Absolutely. Is it a reasonable expectation given the way Adler behaves? No, it isn't. He couldn't even handle guest appearances, and went on a media tour with his mother whining about Guns N' Roses. We don't have to deal with Adler on the regular. They would. And they clearly don't want him around. I like the current lineup. 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, moreblack said:

But that was so long ago.  Some people are expecting it would work right where it left off in the 90s. 

Worth a shot.. Couldn't be any worse than it is now lol.. Axl has released one crappy album under the Gn'R name in the last 26 years.. Slash and Duff have been back in the mix for almost 3 1/2 years and they haven't even released one song.. 

15 hours ago, Rovim said:

Slash admitted it stung a little knowing Duff played with Axl in 2010. I think it wasn't just about the money. Slash wanted to return to Guns, to be in the same band with Axl again. He invested a lot in Gn'R, worked really hard to make it a huge success and I don't think he really believed Axl would move on without him. I think when he left the band in 1996 he couldn't imagine a Slashless Gn'R.

I don't think it was about 2010. He said Duff texted him and updated him about what was going on and he was kind of excited, too.

He did seem a bit hurt when Duff joined Axl for a full leg in 2014, but yeah, that also came across as him being hurt because he thought he'd never get that call from Axl:

"What Duff does is what Duff does. It doesn't really concern me," said Slash. "Duff's relationship with Axl is different to mine. That call to me is just not going to happen."

Not that Slash has a problem with McKagan playing with the band again. "I don't judge Duff. He's cool," he insisted. "He just has a way more amicable, neutral relationship with Axl than I do."

http://www.a-4-d.com/t3333-2014-04-10-ultimate-classic-rock-slash-on-duff-s-reunion-with-guns-n-roses#12811

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I don't know how people can deny that Izzy is how he is. He's consistently described as such. "Flaky" sounds negative, sure, but he's a free spirit who seems to want to do what he wants to do in the moment without any long term commitment to anything. It's not an insult to point that out but it's not necessarily what you're looking for if you're looking to do years of world touring either.  

i wasn't talking to you please ignore me too 

talking with you is like talking to the enemy of new music, good classic sounding concerts and in general wonderful harmony - please ignore me we will never see eye to eye

maybe when GNR truly reunites you'll shut up

btw are you the guy that talked shit non stop before slash and axl reunited?? seems like the exact same tone and verbage the guy had an image of a douche with his middle finger he suddenly went quiet when the semi reunion got going

10 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

You're being obtuse. Adler has never shown the propensity to act as a mature adult. Rather, he acts like a petulant child who isn't allowed another chocolate-chip cookie from the jar. Would I love to see the AFD 5 on stage together? Absolutely. Is it a reasonable expectation given the way Adler behaves? No, it isn't. He couldn't even handle guest appearances and went a media tour with his mother whining about Guns N' Roses. We don't have to deal with Adler on the regular. They would. And they clearly don't want him around. I like the current lineup. 

obtuse? you get the word from shawhshank? 

im totally fine with sorum stepping in - 91 lineup had the most promise and best sounding concerts look no further to ritz 91 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyBCxV8P7g0

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Unfortunately, Steven fucked it up again and again with his weird antics and interviews and all that. Can't really blame them for not wanting to deal with that.

Yeah after they pulled the rug out from under him a week before the tour. 

23 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am in no way a fan of the CD era but I would take Brain every day over Frank... Actually I was into the CD era early on and used to listen to that Rock In Rio show frequently.. Never had a problem with Brain...

Sidenote about this. It's odd to me that Brain's worked with Melissa a ton on other stuff, and they've both been in GNR, but not at the same time.

14 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i wasn't talking to you please ignore me too 

talking with you is like talking to the enemy of new music, good classic sounding concerts and in general wonderful harmony - please ignore me we will never see eye to eye

maybe when GNR truly reunites you'll shut up

btw are you the guy that talked shit non stop before slash and axl reunited?? seems like the exact same tone and verbage the guy had an image of a douche with his middle finger he suddenly went quiet when the semi reunion got going

obtuse? you get the word from shawhshank? 

im totally fine with sorum stepping in - 91 lineup had the most promise and best sounding concerts look no further to ritz 91 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyBCxV8P7g0

I want new music. I don't recall being promised it, and I don't think they need Adler to do it, or should let Izzy demand a ransom to get it. And I like Sorum. Certainly more than Adler. But he has a history of not getting along with people, particularly Axl, and didn't fare much better with Scott in Velvet Revolver. Considering how fragile and experimental this reunion started out as, I don't get why people insist of them having dramatic wildcards thrown in the mix that could blow up the whole thing. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I don't know if somebody has already suggested this in this thread but what if (in dreamland) the Appetite Five played a four song encore at these upcoming shows.

What songs would you choose and why?

nice one...

1. Think About You (most underrated song by GNR of all time and everyone sounds awesome on it)

2. Mr Brownstone (pure adler at his finest) 

3. Nightrain (almost as good as the last song and slash's best song along with izzy's its ridiculous) 

4. Rocket Queen (the outro very fitting to end it on that also NOBODY HAS COME CLOSE TO ADLER ON DOING IT RIGHT MAYBE BRAIN a bit) 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I don't know if somebody has already suggested this in this thread but what if (in dreamland) the Appetite Five played a four song encore at these upcoming shows.

1.Cornshucker

2.Get in the ring

3.Think about you

4.Coma

Why ? Those make me giggle and could potentially cure all sorts of diseases. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

1. WTTJ - imagine the lights coming back on with AFD5 on stage with a “ do you know where the fuck you are “

2 Think About You - underrated and a song I think Izzy shines on 

3. 14 Years - if you’ve got Izzy then why not it’s a great song. 

4. Rocket Queen - No one plays the drums better than Adler on this and was a perfect closer to AFD also only other song that could replace PC for last song 

Edit : alternate between think about you and Nightrain I forgot how good it would be to hear Izzy’s solo played properly 

Edited by Gold top 78
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

1) Reckless Life (just so much energy when they play this live)

2) Nightrain (best whole band arragements and dynamics of AFD)

3) Don't Cry (Izzy's 100% typical composition and Adler's drum parts are just so naively perfect, giving it a teenage heartbroken feeling) 

4) Rocket Queen (GNR best song on AFD)

• Like 4