Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

Not sure what is ment here, NITL left out so many songs from GNR catalogue.

Personally, another reason why I think Ax would want Iz back now would be the fact that Iz could cover a lot of material from UYI era that would let Ax rest his voice during vast portion of the gig.

I could imagine Iz taking over for Dust n Bones, DTJ, Dead Horse, Pretty tied up...who knows maybe (other than band or vocal quality) the eversame setlist had something to do with rights.  Nobody outside of GNR will ever know what went on behind the scenes - EVER.

...and yes, I do think that best Rocket Queen was played during Sorum era.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Unfortunately, Steven fucked it up again and again with his weird antics and interviews and all that. Can't really blame them for not wanting to deal with that.

With Izzy, we just don't have enough information to judge, imo. Could very well be that Izzy is just greedy and only cares for the money, way more than the other guys.

We don't know how Slash feels about 4tus or Frank or Melissa.

I hope they can release a new album in the near future since it all feels quite depressing at this point.

You just can not say that - unless he asked for more than Ax/Slash/Duff, which in my world doesn't count as 'splitting the loot'.

W/o him, they would play only November rain and 35 covers during NITL tour.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I don't know if somebody has already suggested this in this thread but what if (in dreamland) the Appetite Five played a four song encore at these upcoming shows.

What songs would you choose and why?

Some great choices so far! 

Here are mine.. SO hard to pick just 4...

Reckless Life - I have always loved this song but the last couple of years my appreciate has elevated even more towards it.. I have recently been entertaining the idea of getting a tattoo the simply say "reckless Life" because it is very fitting..

Think About You - Another one of my favorites and very underrated.  and I believe it to be an Izzy song.  They have been teasing it as an alternate for 3 years.. Just fucking do it. 

Out Ta' Get Me - This song defines Gn'R to me and there was a recent thread on that subject and this was the song that got mentions than any other... This song sounded so good during the NITL tour when Steven was behind the kit and and I can only imagine the energy with Izzy.  It is his riff after all.  

Rocket Queen - Arguably my favorite Guns N' Roses song and the one I was looking forward to seeing the most during the "reunion".  It may have been the biggest let down of the tour and I would love to see it played right. 

So many other great songs could be chosen too.. Dust N' Bones would be an obvious honorable mention..

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

You just can not say that - unless he asked for more than Ax/Slash/Duff, which in my world doesn't count as 'splitting the loot'.

W/o him, they would play only November rain and 35 covers during NITL tour.

I don't think he wanted more than Axl/Slash/Duff, he wanted the same as them - which sounds good on the surface, until you realize that Axl/Slash/Duff were the 3 partners that managed the GNR brand for 20 years at their own legal expense and put the work into making this reunion/tour happen. Why should Izzy waltz back in and get what they're getting? Particularly since he already profited when he sold his stake in the band. I don't know if it's "greedy" (although the whole part about how they already paid him for his stake in the partnership tends to get ignored for some reason) but it's certainly unreasonable. 

21 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I don't think he wanted more than Axl/Slash/Duff, he wanted the same as them - which sounds good on the surface, until you realize that Axl/Slash/Duff were the 3 partners that managed the GNR brand for 20 years at their own legal expense and put the work into making this reunion/tour happen. Why should Izzy waltz back in and get what they're getting? Particularly since he already profited when he sold his stake in the band. I don't know if it's "greedy" (although the whole part about how they already paid him for his stake in the partnership tends to get ignored for some reason) but it's certainly unreasonable. 

I wonder if a couple other things played a factor, maybe Izzy hardballed his price up one too many times, after filling in in 1993, and then those CD Era gigs, Axl finally went "not this time" to the money demands. The equal loot thing is pretty weird considering word was they were trying to cut his pay in the 90s for not moving around enough on stage.

As soon as GNR got really huge in the 90s Izzy bailled. What exactly has he done since then in terms of major recording and touring. ?

Slash had SMCK, Axl had the Chinese tour and the Vegas residences + a live album ,Duff had Loaded and whatever  else he had going on. Hell you can even say Adler has been way more active touring and released a solo record of his own. 

Out Of All the AFD5 Izzy basically hasn't been seen since 1994 during the JuJu Hounds with some special guest appearances during the Chinese Era.  It's pretty clear that Izzy does what ever the fuck he feels like  doing.  So when was the last full concert he played. From Setlist.Fm it says that the last full concert Izzy Played was September 1993 in Japan with the JuJuhounds and that was like what 26 years ago? Yes he contributed to AFD and was a huge part of that but saying he deserves the same as Slash/Duff/Axl who have been touring and recording heavily during their time away from each other.  and the last time he performed in public in any capacity was 2012 for like 4 songs. Also what would happen if he bailed during the middle of the NITL Tour

Setlist.FM

https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/izzy-stradlin-and-the-ju-ju-hounds-2bd684ee.html

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

As soon as GNR got really huge in the 90s Izzy bailled. What exactly has he done since then in terms of major recording and touring. ?

Slash had SMCK, Axl had the  Chinese tour  and the Vegas residences ,Duff had Loaded and whatever  else he had going on. Hell you can even say  Adler has been way more active touring and released a solo record of his own. 

Out Of All the AFD5 Izzy basically hasn't been seen since 1994 during the JuJu Hounds with some special guest appearances during the Chinese Era.  It's pretty clear that Izzy does what ever the fuck he feels like  doing.  So when was the last full concert he played. From Setlist.Fm it says that the last full concert Izzy Played was September 1993 in Japan with the JuJuhounds and that was like what 26 years ago? Yes he contributed to AFD and was a huge part of that but saying he deserves the same as Slash/Duff/Axl who have been touring and recording heavily during their time away from each other.  and the last time he performed in public in any capacity was 2012 for like 4 songs. Also what would happen if he bailed during the middle of the NITL Tour

Setlist.FM

https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/izzy-stradlin-and-the-ju-ju-hounds-2bd684ee.html

its his band wiener 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

its his band wiener 

Explain then why Izzy hasn't played a full concert since 93 or done anything besides the JUJU hounds and some solo stuff. Also I am pretty sure it's Axls band considering he is  the lead singer and has appeared  on every single release. 

Just now, double talkin jive mfkr said:

nope

Yes. https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/velvet-revolver-s-slash-and-duff-explain-why-izzy-stradlin-is-not-part-of-the-new-band/

"I've heard a lot of fans saying, 'Why don't you have Izzy in the band now?' Well, this isn't cut out for him — he's more of a guy who will be here one day and be gone the next, and you won't know where he's gone to. But he added a new energy that we probably needed at that point." "You have to understand our relationship with Izzy," Slash explains. "Izzy's always been the guy who's sort of there and sort of not there. Duff and I have seen Izzy periodically" From 2003.

4 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Yes. https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/velvet-revolver-s-slash-and-duff-explain-why-izzy-stradlin-is-not-part-of-the-new-band/

"I've heard a lot of fans saying, 'Why don't you have Izzy in the band now?' Well, this isn't cut out for him — he's more of a guy who will be here one day and be gone the next, and you won't know where he's gone to. But he added a new energy that we probably needed at that point." "You have to understand our relationship with Izzy," Slash explains. "Izzy's always been the guy who's sort of there and sort of not there. Duff and I have seen Izzy periodically" From 2003.

thanks i know how to read between the lines - they didn't want him to sing and hes so media shy they take advantage of that by passively throwing him under the bus just like they've been doing in NITL 

"I think he wanted to come in, like, 'Let's go out on tour right away! I've got eight songs, let's go! We'll do some covers — Duff and I will sing!' [laughs] But Matt[Sorum] and Slash and I were more like, 'If we're gonna do this, we're gonna have to do it so it's amazing.' I've heard a lot of fans saying, 'Why don't you have Izzy in the band now?' Well, this isn't cut out for him —

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

cause VR sold him out 

Nah, I have the pages from Slash's book about Izzy in front of me and it really sounds like Izzy's vision for a lead singer-free VR did not line up with Slash and Duff's vision of what they wanted that band to be to begin with

• Like 2

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

thanks i know how to read between the lines - they didn't want him to sing and hes so media shy they they take advantage of that by passively throwing him under the bus just like they've been doing in NITL 

"I think he wanted to come in, like, 'Let's go out on tour right away! I've got eight songs, let's go! We'll do some covers — Duff and I will sing!' [laughs] But Matt[Sorum] and Slash and I were more like, 'If we're gonna do this, we're gonna have to do it so it's amazing.' I've heard a lot of fans saying, 'Why don't you have Izzy in the band now?' Well, this isn't cut out for him —

The facts are that Izzy has made an unreasonable demand and if he was part of the NITL it was so important that he show up all the time and if he bailed they would be screwed. 

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

The facts are that Izzy has made an unreasonable demand and if he was part of the NITL it was so important that he show up all the time and if he bailed they would be screwed. 

those aren't the facts the facts are they were too greedy to give him the loot - not his reliability - when has that been a factor? other than him quitting cause axl pushed him out?? thanks but no thanks sir

thanks i know how to read between the lines - they didn't want him to sing and hes so media shy they they take advantage of that by passively throwing him under the bus just like they've been doing in NITL 

Oh come on. He's consistently described at someone who wants to come and go and do his own thing and his career and lifestyle the past 30 years have supported that. But because you want what you want and decided it's all Axl/Slash/Duff's fault your not getting it you refusing to accept it. As far as Velvet Revolver goes, he wouldn't join the band or commit to it, he was just hanging around with the band, kicking things around, and they had no idea if he was in or not. He wanted himself and Duff to sing, they wanted a true lead singer. Once Izzy realized their vision of Velvet Revolver was bigger than what he wanted it to be, he stopped coming around. 

The idea that Izzy likes to do his own thing and you don't know what he will or won't be into at a given time is pretty consistent, whether you want to believe it or not.

12 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Slash had SMCK, Axl had the Chinese tour and the Vegas residences + a live album ,Duff had Loaded and whatever  else he had going on. Hell you can even say Adler has been way more active touring and released a solo record of his own. 

Setlist.FM

Izzy contributed to a lot more than just Appetite.. Are you forgetting about LIES and the Illusions albums?  How does whatever touring anyone did outside of Gn'R effect any part of what they deserve in Gn'R? That makes no sense at all.  Whatever Slash and Duff have done with Loaded and Snakepit doesn't have anything to do with Gn'R.  Izzy is just as much an important part of the Gn'R legacy as the other guys.  Guns N' Roses hasn't released any noteworthy material without him.  You also mentioned the other guys releasing albums and make it sound like Izzy hasn't released anything.   He has released about 11 albums of material since Guns N' Roses.. Probably more than all the others combined. Close to it anyway. 

Anyway, whatever they did during the 23 year hiatus really doesn't have any bearing on things prior to the reunion. Axl and Slash may be the face of the band but they wouldn't have went anywhere without Izzy. He was certainly far more valuable and worth more than Duff lol...

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Modano09 said:

Oh come on. He's consistently described at someone who wants to come and go and do his own thing and his career and lifestyle the past 30 years have supported that. But because you want what you want and decided it's all Axl/Slash/Duff's fault your not getting it you refusing to accept it. As far as Velvet Revolver goes, he wouldn't join the band or commit to it, he was just hanging around with the band, kicking things around, and they had no idea if he was in or not. He wanted himself and Duff to sing, they wanted a true lead singer. Once Izzy realized their vision of Velvet Revolver was bigger than what he wanted it to be, he stopped coming around. 

The idea that Izzy likes to do his own thing and you don't know what he will or won't be into at a given time is pretty consistent, whether you want to believe it or not.

thanks for educating me you must be his brother to know this kind of intel 

whats his favorite colour? 

those aren't the facts the facts are they were too greedy to give him the loot - not his reliability - when has that been a factor? other than him quitting cause axl pushed him out?? thanks but no thanks sir

Fine, let me ask you this -

Should Izzy have to buy back in to get an equal cut? Because they did pay him for his share of the partnership. Because selling something for a profit, and then profiting from it like you never sold it, doesn't really seem fair, does it? 

7 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

To both of these statement of "facts", the facts are we don't really have enough of the facts to make such judgement calls one way or another regarding the 2016 Izzy negotiations.  To talk so confidently about it, is crazy to me at this point honestly :lol:

One fact is that we know Izzy said it was about the loot.  But do we know if Izzy's demands were unreasonable, or the Big 3 were being unreasonable, or Izzy wanted to come back full time or do Adler type guest slots, or any other facet that can be included in this agreement?  We don't know, and while it sucks that the band as a whole is shying away from in depth interviews about the juicy stuff, to me any of us talking so confidently like we know what happened in the 2016 negotiations, are foolish IMO - and equally as foolish to blast Izzy or the Big 3 with as little information as any of us have at this point in time

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Anyway, whatever they did during the 23 year hiatus really doesn't have any bearing on things prior to the reunion. Axl and Slash may be the face of the band but they wouldn't have went anywhere without Izzy. He was certainly far more valuable and worth more than Duff lol...

Yes, if you're writing an album 30 years ago, Izzy's more important than Duff.

But if you're trying to mend fences between Axl and Slash, and negotiate a lucrative reunion tour, and manage the details of making that tour work in 2016 and onward, Duff is more valuable than Izzy.

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Izzy contributed to a lot more than just Appetite.. Are you forgetting about LIES and the Illusions albums?  How does whatever touring anyone did outside of Gn'R effect any part of what they deserve in Gn'R? That makes no sense at all.  Whatever Slash and Duff have done with Loaded and Snakepit doesn't have anything to do with Gn'R.  Izzy is just as much an important part of the Gn'R legacy as the other guys.  Guns N' Roses hasn't released any noteworthy material without him.  You also mentioned the other guys releasing albums and make it sound like Izzy hasn't released anything.   He has released about 11 albums of material since Guns N' Roses.. Probably more than all the others combined. Close to it anyway. 

I am pretty sure CD is certified Platinum in many countries . Also yes Izzy has released 11 albums.  Buckethead has released over 200. If GNR takes things even farther then CD and continue in that  direction and get even more ambitious how would Izzy fit that vision? Yes he contributed but he hasn't done anything of note since. has not toured since 93 and hasn't released anything that charted.  I take substance over quantity. I don't think that based on his recent releases that he would fit in the direction that the band would like to take.

• Like 1