Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

4 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

thanks for educating me you must be his brother to know this kind of intel 

whats his favorite colour? 

It depends. What's your favorite color? Because I have a feeling if Izzy's favorite color isn't the same as yours you're not going to believe me. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Modano09 said:

Yes, if you're writing an album 30 years ago, Izzy's more important than Duff.

But if you're trying to mend fences between Axl and Slash, and negotiate a lucrative reunion tour, and manage the details of making that tour work in 2016 and onward, Duff is more valuable than Izzy.

yes b/c all duff sees is money

just like he suspicously 'ran' into axl in london to mend fences 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I am pretty sure CD is certified Platinum in many countries . Also yes Izzy has released 11 albums.  Buckethead has released over 200. If GNR takes things even farther then CD and continue in the direction how would Izzy fit. Yes he contributed but he hasn't done anything of note since. has not toured since 93 and hasn't released anything that charted.  I take substance over quantity. I don't think that izzy writing would fit in the direction that the band would like to take.

CD sucked balls just like you and mandanas posts

maybe get a room?

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

cause VR sold him out 

I think he could have toured solo all these years if he really wanted to - at least some short tours.

And he had other opportunities to tour, too:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110905210438/http://www.rockaaa.com:80/news/ashhurst-urges-stradlin-to-take-mckagan’s-offer-6593

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I am pretty sure CD is certified Platinum in many countries . Also yes Izzy has released 11 albums.  Buckethead has released over 200. If GNR takes things even farther then CD and continue in that  direction and get even more ambitious how would Izzy fit that vision? Yes he contributed but he hasn't done anything of note since. has not toured since 93 and hasn't released anything that charted.  I take substance over quantity. I don't think that based on his recent releases that he would fit in the direction that the band would like to take.

He's serious??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

-  The Big 3 screwed Izzy over, by rejecting his amount, a claim made without us knowing the facts of exactly what Izzy wanted monetarily and in terms of band status

-  All Duff sees is money and him running into Axl was a big secret conspiracy

-  VR sold Izzy out - and not simply wanted different things for their band (lead singers), but they screwed him over there

I mean to be fair, your posts in this thread are cumulatively becoming a big tin foil hat with Izzy's name written all over it

your three points are probably fairly accurate but unproven 

trust me i can take a balanced look at things but this guy deserves to be back in Guns 

the attacks on him on this thread are far more biased then mine - i don't understand the MO get the fucking guy back in or if your happy with blue haired girl, frank the butcher and noodle ho then i ain't buying no more motherfucking tickets and many others aren't either - they've milked it to the max sir now the casuals will be bored along with slash as he was already as his playing showed it

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

your three points are probably fairly accurate but unproven 

trust me i can take a balanced look at things but this guy deserves to be back in Guns 

the attacks him on this thread are far more biased then mine - i don't understand the MO get the fucking guy back in 

I love Izzy too, and his songwriting is one of my favorite aspects of GNR as a whole for sure.  I would love the dude in the band on rhythm guitar full time again, or even Adler type guest spots - but ultimately until I know more, it is hard for me to really cast blame without feeling silly

That is why I wish GNR would go on Stern or any long-form interview and just casually talk about everything from the breakup to getting back together

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

This thread is indisputable proof that some people are stuck in 1987. I really wish I had the time and energy to sit here arguing over something that has almost no bearing on my life.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Yes, if you're writing an album 30 years ago, Izzy's more important than Duff.

But if you're trying to mend fences between Axl and Slash, and negotiate a lucrative reunion tour, and manage the details of making that tour work in 2016 and onward, Duff is more valuable than Izzy.

Are you too mentally challenged to find the ignore user button? Well I am going to do it right now so I never have to see you again.

6 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

yeah i really liked the 2001-2002 live versions of CD but the actual studio album was really underwhelming on many levels 

Agreed on 2001-2002 live versions. But I do like the finished product too. Far from perfect, but regardless.. 

There's at least one user spamming the report button right now due to insults going back and forth here and there in this thread.

I'm not going to pass out points and what not but I would ask everyone to please be careful not to insult each other.

As a side note; if you haven't been directly insulted, please do not spam the report system because you don't like something someone said to someone else. We have a staff of mods and admins who do their best to monitor the board. We don't need users reporting a bunch of posts that they perceive as insulting when they weren't even involved in the conversation.

Thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Are you too mentally challenged to find the ignore user button? Well I am going to do it right now so I never have to see you again.

And to be clear, the great crime I've committed is that I don't agree with you. Fair enough. It's good to see that you can understand the concept of not wanting to be around someone you dislike or find obnoxious to be around. You should be able to understand why Adler's not in GNR now then.

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

That is why I wish GNR would go on Stern or any long-form interview and just casually talk about everything from the breakup to getting back together

I would too, but, they seem to be making a point of not talking about things and not letting the media in on their private conversations and relationship and I respect that. Whether they're right or wrong they do seem to believe the media twisting things played a role in their feud. 

25 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

And to be clear, the great crime I've committed is that I don't agree with you. Fair enough. It's good to see that you can understand the concept of not wanting to be around someone you dislike or find obnoxious to be around. You should be able to understand why Adler's not in GNR now then.

You’re inferring that they find Adler obnoxious based on your read of his behavior and a few comments. Slash was cancer, Duff was spineless, Axl was insane. People get over stuff, too.

Your assertion isn’t any more likely than Axl still hates him for making him appear in court wearing a teal suit and Slash and Duff just want to be able to play baseball stadiums and thus won’t push their luck. 

We don’t know — but your ragging on him looks bad! :)

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ant said:

You’re inferring that they find Adler obnoxious based on your read of his behavior and a few comments. Slash was cancer, Duff was spineless, Axl was insane. People get over stuff, too.

Your assertion isn’t any more likely than Axl still hates him for making him appear in court in a teal suit and Slash and Duff just want to be able to play baseball stadiums again and thus won’t push their luck. 

We don’t know — But your ragging on him looks bad! 

You're right, I'm connecting dots, I guess, but it's based on how he acts, the picture he paints at times, comments he's made and just in general how they seem to act today vs how he seems to act today. 

I'm assuming, sure, but I don't think it's crazy to think they may find his whining and constant suggestions to make life be 1989 again obnoxious.

18 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

make life be 1989 again

Duff stops doing talk radio.

Axl has to up his cardio game to fit into his assless chaps.

We get the AFD rhythm section back.

Slash... starts smoking again? ... well...

But that’s looking pretty great on paper.

:)

Edited by Ant