Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

Izzy and Steve will never be back full time at least. 

Steven can’t get his act together, never could. Since the reunion started, he has injured his back badly and stabbed himself. Both of these would have resulted in cancelled shows or plans. 

Izzy wants equal loot. He is not going to get it. He quit in 91 and hasn’t done anything of any real note since. Stadium tours weren’t his thing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Thanks for the links! 

Did The Libertines drummer fill in on these dates in the end? I was at some of the early Dolls reunion gigs and I cant remember him being there 😂

3 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

thats cause they suck good for izzy

Ah The Dolls have some great tunes... 

Edited by Powderfinger

I think a good compromise could be  like what the Eagles did for the History of The Eagles Tour with Bernie Leadon. So you don't have get rid of 4tus have him play with Izzy

Divide the Sets like this

Set 1:  Early GNR/Appetite have Izzy come out for that whole set

Intermission

Set 2 UYI, CD and other Appetite Stuff have Izzy come out for Nightrain and SCOM 

Encore Patience, Madagascar, Seeker and any other stuff

Then have Izzy come out for PC with the rest of the band

Adler is never coming back. he  blew his bridges/. But if you want to incorporate Izzy for a tour leg or the whole thing that would be a good  start. Rest of the band stays the same 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

17 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Thanks for the links! 

Did The Libertines drummer fill in on these dates in the end? I was at some of the early Dolls reunion gigs and I cant remember him being there 😂

Ah The Dolls have some great tunes... 

they're ok...but he was never part of them so its a dead horse pun intended 

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I think a good compromise could be  like what the Eagles did for the History of The Eagles Tour with Bernie Leadon. So you don't have get rid of 4tus have him play with Izzy

Divide the Sets like this

Set 1:  Early GNR/Appetite have Izzy come out for that whole set

Intermission

Set 2 UYI, CD and other Appetite Stuff have Izzy come out for Nightrain and SCOM 

Encore Patience,  Madagascar, Seeker and any other stuff

Then have Izzy come out for PC with the rest of the band

Adler is never coming back. he  blew his bridges/. But if you want to incorporate Izzy for a tour leg or the whole thing that would be a good  start. Rest of the band stays the same 

no Frank has to go...no question Sorum, Brain, Don Henly, Freese whoever - Frank is a mockery of the band and music 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

they're ok...but he was never part of them so its a dead horse pun intended 

no Frank has to go...no question Sorum, Brain, Don Henly, Freese whoever - Frank is a mockery of the band and music 

Frank has been in the Band for over 10 fucking years.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with him.   He does everything the Appetite, UYI, CD songs the way THE BAND Slash, Duff and Axl want him to do lol Plus he gets along with the rest of the guys and there is photographic evidence. Sorum doesn't want it he politely declined. Brain has his thing with Primus. Josh is busy.

Frank is the most stable Drummer the band has had

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Frank has been in the Band for over 10 fucking years.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with him.   He does everything the Appetite, UYI, CD songs the way THE BAND Slash, Duff and Axl want him to do lol Plus he gets along with the rest of the guys and there is photographic evidence. Sorum doesn't want it he politely declined. Brain has his thing with Primus. Josh is busy.

Nothing wrong with him? LOL 

ok...let's keep him i like the out of rhythm hammers and extra fills and non conducive proficiency on estranged/rocket queen/brownstone/don't cry/its so easy/NR etc etc 

i think it's the way axl wants him to do it so every song is rushed and they can just plow through the concerts without any consideration on the ear-  the other guys just passive its $ $ $ 

Frank is the WORST drummer the band has had 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Frank? 

2 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

ok...let's keep him i like the out of rhythm hammers and extra fills and non conducive proficiency on estranged/rocket queen/brownstone/don't cry/its so easy etc etc 

i think it's the way axl wants him to do it the other guys just passive 

I think your talking about Lars Ulrich. I don't think you have ever been in a band. The other people tell the drummer what they want and he does it. If he was doing all this extra stuff he would have been long gone. THe stuff your talking about is what Primus does there. Slash, Axl and Duff want him in the band thats why he is there 

Just now, EvanG said:

Frank? 

No a guy who knows how a band works. 

4 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I think your talking about Lars Ulrich. I don't think you have ever been in a band. The other people tell the drummer what they want and he does it. If he was doing all this extra stuff he would have been long gone. THe stuff your talking about is what Primus does there. Slash, Axl and Duff want him in the band thats why he is there 

No a guy who knows how a band works. 

i have been in a band - 

in a band the band is a band 

nobody tells anybody how to do shit 

geezus 

guaranteed slash does not want him there - he's the only one that cares about the music but his hands are tied 

duff fondly remembers his collab with adler and also would take one for the team to get him back 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

Very simple and straight forward.  If it wasn't for his coworking - they would have nothing to manage.

Several years back, Marc Canter spoke here how each individual had input on every song, no matter who was credited in the end.

But if everyone had input on every song why is it only Izzy's input you think is so essential and important? 

He wanted out of the band, sold his share and washed his hands of it. That's why he's not entitled to the same money Axl/Slash/Duff are. It's easy to waltz back in after the other guys do the work and expect a cut of it.

8 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

ok...let's keep him i like the out of rhythm hammers and extra fills and non conducive proficiency on estranged/rocket queen/brownstone/don't cry/its so easy/NR etc etc 

i think it's the way axl wants him to do it so every song is rushed and they can just plow through the concerts without any consideration on the ear-  the other guys just passive its $ $ $ 

At the end of the day, Axl/Slash/Duff are, you know, in Guns N'Roses, so if Frank's good enough for them, that's what matters. They're allowed to choose who's in their own band.

And if they wanted to end the show sooner, they could just play, you know, fewer songs. 

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

At the end of the day, Axl/Slash/Duff are, you know, in Guns N'Roses, so if Frank's good enough for them, that's what matters. They're allowed to choose who's in their own band.

And if they wanted to end the show sooner, they could just play, you know, fewer songs. 

you guys are trying to use Slash and Duff as if they're agreeing to all this 

Axl is the majority guy it's his decision not a group decision 

FUCK!!! 

49 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Steven can’t get his act together, never could. Since the reunion started, he has injured his back badly and stabbed himself. Both of these would have resulted in cancelled shows or plans. 

Steven didn't cancel any of his own shows due to the stabbing...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

you guys are trying to use Slash and Duff as if they're agreeing to all this 

Axl is the majority guy it's his decision not a group decision 

FUCK!!! 

Well that's a good way for you to not have to acknowledge that the people you like in the band don't share your opinion. They're lying! It's a conspiracy! Just because they say they like Frank doesn't mean they do because you don't so if you don't how could they like him?

5 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Well that's a good way for you to not have to acknowledge that the people you like in the band don't share your opinion. They're lying! It's a conspiracy! Just because they say they like Frank doesn't mean they do because you don't so if you don't how could they like him?

Exactly. Well said

Thanks - you've illuminated the entire situation 

I am now relieved

33 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

But if everyone had input on every song why is it only Izzy's input you think is so essential and important

He wanted out of the band, sold his share and washed his hands of it. That's why he's not entitled to the same money Axl/Slash/Duff are. It's easy to waltz back in after the other guys do the work and expect a cut of it.

Not my theory, Marc Canter said it.  Basically every song came from Izzy first, then one did melody, the other chorus and bridges...

Can't remember who did what. Try search it in Canter corner

2 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I could see Izzy being offered the same pay as Richard for the same job - playing guitar on tour. The difference is Izzy wrote or co-wrote a good portion of these songs. His payout regarding the brand doesn't have anything to do with that. As a main songwriter and founding member of the band, Izzy is above a session musician who hasn't come up with a single riff, lyric or basically anything for the gallery to speak of in almost 20 years. It's like offering Duff the same pay as Dizzy just because he's been in the band longer, doesn't work for no one.

I like the idea of bringing the AFD5 for the second half of the show, still half assed but perhaps as close to a real option as it gets. I was lucky to see Izzy joining them on the CD tour and he did four songs incl. Paradise City while Richard remained on stage - seemed alright to me. They could easily do that with five songs and ride off into the sunset saving face, making everyone happy.

I'd trade 90 minutes of covers and noodling in those 3 hour shows to for once hear proper versions of SCOM, PC and Rocket Queen - you need Steven Adler for that - and watch the songwriter of Patience, Think About You, Don't Cry, 14 Years and YCBM playing these songs instead of people who listened to MC Hammer when these classics came out. No one goes to GNR to hear CD, VR or covers (if you're into that I think it's safe to say by now you had your chance). Cut it down to a 90-120 min show with Duff and Izzy singing 2-3 songs and Slash having a long solo so Axl can have his voice breaks in between and be good. There still be people bitching but this time it won't be the FANS.

not really. THEY are PLAYING all the songs Izzy wrote/cowrote in GNR catalogue, as Axl was incapable of writting anything half decent in the last 26 years and was not on speaking terms with anyone for like 23 years.  So you can say that noone in GNR lineup was capable of doing anything decent.

As for what Izzy has, nobody knows for the only thing he released was that Dogs barking song and Penny something.

Edited by shotsfired cro

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

He quit in 91 and hasn’t done anything of any real note since.

Actually, since 91 Izzy has been the most productive solo artist of real notes from all the Gunners, puting out 9 or 10 full albums. Sadly, he lost that creative fire around 2010 or so, but before that he has been absolute blast.

21 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

not really. THEY are PLAYING all the songs Izzy wrote/cowrote in GNR catalogue, as Axl was incapable of writting anything half decent in the last 26 years and was not on speaking terms with anyone for like 23 years.  So you can say that noone in GNR lineup was capable of doing anything decent.

As for what Izzy has, nobody knows for the only thing he released was that Dogs barking song and Penny something.

Madagascar and TWAT are amazing songs. 

I think Izzy should get more than Fortus is getting but not what Axl/Slash/Duff are getting. "He wrote the song" doesn't matter to me. Nobody denies he did and he gets his royalties for doing so. 

But nobody's ever given any logical explanation as to why he should be able to sell his share for profit and then profit again as if he didn't sell it other than because that's what it'll take to get him there and you want him there.