Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

36 minutes ago, craiggunslover said:

Yeah but they need a new reason to get fans intrested agian..let's be honest that 2018 run was boring and played out..even 2017 was not as exciting I found and I been a fan since 1989

A reason to get hard core GN'R fans interested again, sure. The average rock fan is as interested as they're going to be. Izzy & Steven coming back isn't going to change that. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'd argue that Steven, and Izzy especially, could go and watch a GNR concert from the crowd and barely get anyone recognizing them. 

Izzy, absolutely. I think Steven would get recognized pretty easily. I get your overall point though for sure. 

3 hours ago, craiggunslover said:

And it would be good business to bring them back for the mini fall tour and bill it as a  appetite classic 5 lineup tour ..would get rock fans intrested across the board I think

What happens if/when they do a new album and tour though, with the current lineup? People will feel cheated because Izzy and Steven aren't there, unless they're able to work out a deal for them to stay for guest spots.

The casual fan just wants Axl and Slash together.  A real GNR fan wants the original 5 and knows who they are.  Steven unfortunately is not reliable for a full tour and set.  But having him come out and do a few Appetite songs is great.  The only way Izzy comes back is if he gets his spot back (bye bye Fortus) and gets an equal share of the loot.

33 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

What happens if/when they do a new album and tour though, with the current lineup? People will feel cheated because Izzy and Steven aren't there, unless they're able to work out a deal for them to stay for guest spots.

Who would feel cheated? I don't think anyone would care,  if the album was good. 

As a money making machine the reunited AFD5 would be a licence to print money again. I remember Slash saying in an interview a few years ago for the AFD5 to reunite they'd been offered ridiculous amounts of money. This was at a time when he & Axl weren't speaking to each other. 

5 hours ago, craiggunslover said:

I'd take it if it means melissa and Richard and Frank step down and let the magic of the original 5 come back..those few songs they did with steven proved they need them for the real chemistry I find ..imagine with izzy included this time...game changer for sure..

Unless they fire Fortus and reinstate Izzy as a full time member, what's the point? And I don't see them taking that risk.

12 hours ago, craiggunslover said:

I been seeing alot of rumors about izzy and steven coming back for concert appearances..do you think axl.and slash know they need to do this in order to keep general public interest  come September?

General public doesn't care.

Might get stabbed for this but.... i'd rather have Gilby returning to the stage than Izzy. Izzy in the studio or co-writing, Yes. On stage meh

I rather have Sorum on drums. In a perfect world Sorum AND Adler. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

My educated guess is, that general public doesn't care about Izzy and Steven (if they know who they are in the first place). So the answer is no. 

The vast majority of the comments on that "album hasn't started yet" from Slash article mentioned Izzy and Steven. Mostly Izzy saying that they don't care or it isn't a Guns album without Izzy.  Dunno if it was Ultimate Classic Rock or Blabbermouth. Either way I think more people care than people like to admit. Not saying that will make the album any less successful or not if and when it comes out. 

13 hours ago, craiggunslover said:

I been seeing alot of rumors about izzy and steven coming back for concert appearances..do you think axl.and slash know they need to do this in order to keep general public interest  come September?

No, because the "general public" don't really care about Izzy or Steven. If they do this it will be for the hardcore fans who care about these more peripheral ex-members.

We've had 4/5 of the AFD5 but in all honestly the true "Golden Ticket" for me would be the AFD5 playing some shows together . It would be brilliant if it happened nobody expect Axl & Slash to share a stage together so there's always hope.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

We've had 4/5 of the AFD5 but in all honestly the true "Golden Ticket" for me would be the AFD5 playing some shows together . It would be brilliant if it happened nobody expect Axl & Slash to share a stage together so there's always hope.

I am with you.  The best songs of the entire tour were when Steven joined them on stage.. It just looked, felt and most importantly of all sounded right. 

I’d love to see a full reunion — even if just for one night. But they don’t have to do that to sell tickets. Doing so, though, could sell even more tickets.

As for new music, I’m almost at the point where I hope they don’t create anything new. Not only to spite the entitled crybabies that whine about it in nearly every single thread, but because whatever they might do would never be good enough for the masses anyway. Instead of whining about new music, the crybabies would be dissing it just like they do to CD and SLASH’s work. No thanks. It’s a no-win situation.

Edited by thunderram

Izzy was such a huge part of Guns .Steven was the original drummer but the Illusions albums proved that they could move past him as the lineup with Sorum put out 2 very good albums .Since Izzy left they’ve released one album in 25 years and while some people like /love that one album I am certainly not one of them.I think if Izzy came back into the fold  they could make one last great album.Without him I’m not holding my breath on the quality of that album if they ever put one together at all which I seriously doubt they ever will 

• Like 1