Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

It's funny, how some of you as fans, have convinced yourselves that the current drummer needs to go, or for a million other reasons ex band members need to return or are in fact coming back, based on personal opinions, with no facts to back any of these theories up, or are under the impression what they say on a fan message board is going to change anything the band does with its current line up. 

I suppose that's what happens when you spend your life in a fan forum, you come to believe you are part of the bands world and what you say counts.

Its does not matter. You guys have no control of what the band, current members or past members do in relation to their involvement in the band, just like Axl, Duff, Slash, Richard, Melissa, Frank, Dizzy or Izzy have no control over what you guys do in life. 

19 pages currently, this thread could go to 100 pages but nothing will change. It is, what it is. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

It's funny, how some of you as fans, have convinced yourselves that the current drummer needs to go, or for a million other reasons ex band members need to return or are in fact coming back, based on personal opinions, with no facts to back any of these theories up, or are under the impression what they say on a fan message board is going to change anything the band does with its current line up. 

I suppose that's what happens when you spend your life in a fan forum, you come to believe you are part of the bands world and what you say counts.

Its does not matter. You guys have no control of what the band, current members or past members do in relation to their involvement in the band, just like Axl, Duff, Slash, Richard, Melissa, Dizzy or Izzy have no control over what you guys do in life. 

19 pages, and some still have not realised, 19 pages is not going to change anything. It is, what it is. 

axl and his minions read this forum and take notes 

based on those notes and the comments that support Gunners into the mix, they take a tally then make decisions

this is REAL! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

I think Izzy should get more than Fortus is getting but not what Axl/Slash/Duff are getting. "He wrote the song" doesn't matter to me. Nobody denies he did and he gets his royalties for doing so. 

But nobody's ever given any logical explanation as to why he should be able to sell his share for profit and then profit again as if he didn't sell it other than because that's what it'll take to get him there and you want him there.

In what world does Duff deserve more money than Izzy?

Seriously.

Edited by KURT19
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

axl and his minions read this forum and take notes 

based on those notes and the comments that support Gunners into the mix, they take a tally then make decisions

this is REAL! 

That’s what Appetite for Democracy 3D is all about.

Or I assume it is. I didn’t see it. 

Edited by Ant

23 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

Seriously.

According to some people it was because Duff and Slash toured more than Izzy during their years OUTSIDE of Guns lol... Then there are people that say that Duff and Slash were part of some partnership that helped run Guns N' Roses during the dark 23 year period.. That is such bullshit... I would like to see what they actually did during those years in regards to Guns.. To me it seemed like they were more focused on Velvet Revolver, Loaded, Snakepit, Neurotic Outsiders and SMKC... Guns N' Roses were irrelevant for 23 years.. What could they have been doing aside from the input they had on Live Era?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KURT19 said:

Seriously.

In the world where Duff took part in managing the GNR brand and paying legal fees associated with doing it for 20 years and helped mend fences between Slash and Axl.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

In the world where Duff took part in managing the GNR brand and paying legal fees associated with doing it for 20 years

Slash would also have done the same.

7 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

helped mend fences between Slash and Axl. 

We don't know this as a fact do we?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Slash would also have done the same.

We don't know this as a fact do we?

we know that axl asked fernando for slash's number 

it was all axl 

he decided when vegas shows were getting really shit that it was time to do it 

this came out via bumblefoot 

no real mending fences = the deep rooted stuff was all ego no real big deals with counselling etc etc 

3 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Its does not matter. You guys have no control of what the band, current members or past members do in relation to their involvement in the band, just like Axl, Duff, Slash, Richard, Melissa, Frank, Dizzy or Izzy have no control over what you guys do in life. 

19 pages currently, this thread could go to 100 pages but nothing will change. It is, what it is. 

I dont see anyone convinced about anything, this is a forum, people use forums to talk to other people about a subject and thats exactly what we do here, talk, speculate, speak our minds and wishes. Thats the reason a forum exists. 

• Like 3

It’s just expressing our hopes and dreams for an exceptionally unique and crazy talented group of musicians who have unlimited potential, a notable dearth of material and finite time left to operate.

”Lack of facts”... there’s no lack of facts, my man! Lots of us think all signs point to the optimal scenario performance and creative output wise is rounding out the lineup! 

Nobody is under any illusion that this is going to impact anything. It’s just fun and interesting to discuss your favorite band’s still-burning embers of potential, hoping that they go out with a bang. 

If they’re happy with NITL and this it it, great, thanks for the memories! But just like holding out hope for Slash’s return... still gonna holdout a little longer for the stragglers myself :) .

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

What are forums for then? What are we meant to talk about?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Modano09 said:

I think Izzy should get more than Fortus is getting but not what Axl/Slash/Duff are getting. "He wrote the song" doesn't matter to me. Nobody denies he did and he gets his royalties for doing so. 

But nobody's ever given any logical explanation as to why he should be able to sell his share for profit and then profit again as if he didn't sell it other than because that's what it'll take to get him there and you want him there.

I think you just have to view it as a totally different mindset and agree to disagree with it.  

Izzy doesn’t want to be a lower-tier employee in a hierarchical business operation. He doesn’t want to be dictated to -- that's why you form a rock band! If we’re going to be a band going forward, there’s gotta be equality straight across. 5 guys in a band. He brought more than his share to the table in establishing the DNA of the band and it survives today on those contributions. Izzy made a lot of cash selling his stake and missed out on a lot of merchandising/licensing cash or whatever, too... how do we do it going forward.

“Hey Izz, yeah, Team Beta will write you cheque, *pat on the head.* Now let’s do Patience!”

He feels like he brings and has brought enough to claim equality (us Izzy fans agree), the other three see it as you do, apparently, and that’s where we’re at. He’s constantly being minimized (which financial worth is a part of) and then gaslit as not being up for touring.

Nobody is totally right or wrong, I guess is what I’m sayin’. But man, you start down that tortured business logic path and you wonder why bands can't match their initial creative output. Makes me want to start an avocado farm. 

Edited by Ant

20 pages on this is silly. Neither Izzy nor Steven are reliable. They will never be considered for a whole tour because they can't be counted on. There was never a chance they were going to do NITL with either or both. I guarantee Fortus and/or Ashba would have been on call for every show had Izzy agreed to terms. Steven was never a consideration, obviously. I doubt even a one off show with the 5 is really an option. The most you'll get is maybe a show where both pop in and do 2-3 songs. I mean...this is obvious to anyone that's ever followed the band.

2 minutes ago, Stro said:

20 pages on this is silly. Neither Izzy nor Steven are reliable. They will never be considered for a whole tour because they can't be counted on. There was never a chance they were going to do NITL with either or both. I guarantee Fortus and/or Ashba would have been on call for every show had Izzy agreed to terms. Steven was never a consideration, obviously. I doubt even a one off show with the 5 is really an option. The most you'll get is maybe a show where both pop in and do 2-3 songs. I mean...this is obvious to anyone that's ever followed the band.

explain why there unreliable 

IM REALLY CURIOUS TO KNOW YOUR REASONING 

and im dying in suspense please do tell with examples that don't inlcude

oh yeah adler was strung out in 1990 and izzy left in 91 or my back or i stabbed myself or i didn't get equal loot .... 

4 hours ago, Modano09 said:

anybody should get more than Fortus and Frank, that is the reason THEY are THERE.

Give Gilby double of what Frank/Mel/Fortus have together, just get him in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

In the world where Duff took part in managing the GNR brand and paying legal fees associated with doing it for 20 years and helped mend fences between Slash and Axl.  

Oh please...

you are so predictable.  

Duff should consider himself the luckiest rich man on the planet.  Plus he’s got you on his side.  Punk as Fuck.

Slash is the only true star of the entire bunch and I’m counting on him speaking up for Steven and Izzy at some point very soon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Izzy with Aerosmith, unlike GNR you can actually hear his guitar.

How anyone in his right mind can prefer Frank's bulldozer drums over this maestro is beyond me.

duff had a point in his book when he said that all original 5 could dance 

the groove

they turned their concerts into a club 

they all would dance ahahahaha 

• Like 3