Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

1 hour ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Because this tour earning $600 million would not happen at all without the music that made this band popular in the first place. Izzy played a huge part in creating the songs. 

Nobody denies that and the royalties he's paid for them reflect that.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Axl/Duff/Slash denied that when they offered him chump change to be part of the shows. 

No, they denied that he should get equal money to what they're getting for the tour. He still gets his royalties for the song's his written and already landed a large sum of money for his contributions to GNR. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Minche said:

Don't shoot, guys, but this has become repetitive. No offense. ✌

mygnrforum goes around in circles better than anyone. But none of it brings Izzy any closer to being back. Not that he really wanted to. If he wanted to, they all would've made it work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

No, they denied that he should get equal money to what they're getting for the tour. He still gets his royalties for the song's his written and already landed a large sum of money for his contributions to GNR. 

They didn't give him a respectable offer though. The rumor was something like $40,000 per show. This is chump change. 

9 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

They didn't give him a respectable offer though. The rumor was something like $40,000 per show. This is chump change. 

Well, it's all relative.  At 167 shows and counting, he could have earned $6.68 million so far if that rumor was true.  For me, that's set for life money if I invested it somewhat  intelligently (even after taxes).  Certainly not "chump change."

8 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Well, it's all relative.  At 167 shows and counting, he could have earned $6.68 million so far if that rumor was true.  For me, that's set for life money if I invested it somewhat  intelligently (even after taxes).  Certainly not "chump change."

Believe the offer was only for the early gigs such as Coachella. That was how it was reported at the time. 

59 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

The "rumor" was 10k a show for the first 4

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

mygnrforum goes around in circles better than anyone. But none of it brings Izzy any closer to being back. Not that he really wanted to. If he wanted to, they all would've made it work.

no you and funny guy try and push it circles like it was a merry go round - - the rest like to discuss openly about their favorite band 

54 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

And he's already set for life from his royalties so

12 hours ago, Minche said:

Don't shoot, guys, but this has become repetitive. No offense. ✌

It is repetitive, but we have nothing more to talk about cause the band stagnated. Even the live shows, if you've seen one, you saw all of them, so this is the "hottest" subject, unfortunately 

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

If true, that's ridiculous.

seems accurate you got izzy money and credibility no reason to say yeah i'll do it 

theres no fucking way!! haha they thought he was broke and would do it!~ 

what surprises me is Axl's cold nature towards his childhood friend - seems a bit off putting 

i really think TB were more directly involved and Axl wanted to try and low ball to see how it'd go - FAIL 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

And he's already set for life from his royalties so

And from the money they paid him for his share of the band when he left. 

58 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

seems accurate you got izzy money and credibility no reason to say yeah i'll do it 

theres no fucking way!! haha they thought he was broke and would do it!~ 

what surprises me is Axl's cold nature towards his childhood friend - seems a bit off putting 

i really think TB were more directly involved and Axl wanted to try and low ball to see how it'd go - FAIL 

Well they grossed nearly $600 million so I wouldn't call it a FAIL. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

And from the money they paid him for his share of the band when he left. 

Well they grossed nearly $600 million so I wouldn't call it a FAIL. 

ok great i didn't know that they should keep going then im really excited for this next leg 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

7 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

uhh they grew up together, founded the band, became rock stars and now at the twilight of their lives are not together to enjoy their legacy - money all aside - its on axl he's in charge

But how do you figure the fact that Izzy isn't part of the NITK tour means Axl has a "cold nature" towards Izzy?

14 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

uhh they grew up together, founded the band, became rock stars and now at the twilight of their lives are not together to enjoy their legacy - money all aside - its on axl he's in charge

Couldn't you say the same about Izzy? Would only play with Axl in 2006 for a,big pay day, seems to want them to ignore the money they already gave him and pay him like an equal or he won't play.

23 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Couldn't you say the same about Izzy? Would only play with Axl in 2006 for a,big pay day, seems to want them to ignore the money they already gave him and pay him like an equal or he won't play.

He named a price knowing they wouldn't meet it, so they'd leave him alone.

2 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

no you and funny guy try and push it circles like it was a merry go round - - the rest like to discuss openly about their favorite band 

LOL, this happens with or without any individual poster. 

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

yeah whatever you say- axl isn't about money he's quite generous especially with the ticket pricing 

Just now, double talkin jive mfkr said:

just an assumption like all the other trajectories being launched here

Why do you assume that Axl has a "cold nature" towards Izzy? They played together not that long ago and Axl has been amiable and friendly towards Izzy in interviews these last years (and we know Axl has no qualms about attacking Izzy when angered). So are you basing this assumption on nothing but the fact that GN'R and Axl couldn't reach an agreement re: Izzy's involvement in the NITL tour? If so, that seems to be wildly jumping to conclusions more based on existing prejudices than evidence.