Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

34 minutes ago, Ant said:

If GNR today came out with something as simple as Train Tracks , with Axl and Izzy sharing vocals and Slash tearing up the slide, it'd be received like the second coming.  Play it after Nightrain and before Locomotive.... we've got a second song trilogy; this one about the glory of trains. See how easy this is. 

Killer song.. And bong hit intro ;) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Someone held up a Where's Izzy sign near the beginning of the NITL tour and Axl pointed it out on stage and kindly shrugged it off saying something like "that's a good question, I don't know".  No anger or hate or maliciousness or frustration was shown on Axl's part

https://www.loudersound.com/news/guns-n-roses-where-s-izzy-fan-responds-after-band-deny-sign-claims

• Like 1

1 hour ago, axlfan88 said:

This band is shit because it's not Slash's band anymore, he's a guest. Duff is a guest, too. Even Axl seems to be a guest. It says "Guns N'Roses" on the tickets but the musicians are not really there. It's a ghost band, it's empty, no soul. There's a lack of incarnation.

It's dead, that's why GNR has become so boring.

yeah i'd blame it 100% on TB 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 2:50 PM, double talkin jive mfkr said:

just an assumption like all the other trajectories being launched here

I agree with your posts and Dash’s.

If I may launch my assumption based on nothing but an opinion I am  pulling out of the wind , lol.

Many fans here are diehard fans of the music and whole original group or whole group minus one or two former members . I respect that.  I am a casual fan,  55 thinking these days about the past. I did not do anything wrong morally, legally, nothing like that, I just wish I had done many things differently in the 1980s, my college years.

There's no  rumor really ,after 3 and a half years now , of Izzy and Steven rejoining the group,I mean the business company of GnR.  Both guys sold their interests  30 years ago and/or was fired,(Steven and rightly so won his lawsuit).  It would have been a real reunion tour with the real band members if one, Izzy, could have found a happy medium on his pay take and maybe legs of tour he would do. They other one , Steven, would love nothing more in world to do it all , even just one leg of it, the American shows and even be paid less than the GnR . One would not do it any of it , Izzy, and the other one , Steven, could not do any of it.

There will NEVER be A, S, D ,mwho are GnR, Inc sharing a stage with Izzy and Steven. And that is ok. It is what it is. These  five guys have never been together in the same room let alone a stage in over 30- 31 years.  You have seen 2 of them or 3 of them.  4 of them one short time with Steven playing one song, lol, in Argentine. Lol.Hmmmmm....... The Rock and Roll Hall  of Fame would have been a good , controlled stage show of the five of them performing 2-3 songs for 15 mins. No.  NO WAY!  Izzy and Axl did not go to that.  Refused . I forget their reasons why.  A choice between that and  root canal surgery , I think they would have preferred the root canal surgery than be there all together. Lol. Seriously, it is too bad the band of the original 5 could not come together for fans and even themselves. As middlle aged men, all the five guys are still fairly health and alive, and they are no getting younger . What, maybe in 10 years at 65-67, they might do some limited run of smaller , club shows together.  I doubt it. 

I do not think Izzy is  flaky or bails. 30 years ago, he,was clean and sober for 1-2+ years and  band was chaotic, drugs, late, lawsuits, riots and worst at shows , record company and managers had no control over lead singer....etc. VR. He was invited by S and D and contributed. As group formed more and was ready, Scot W was picked for lead singer and how did that work out again....oh yeah. Scott  quit them and was a drug addict and od’d to his death. Hmm. The NYDolls thing. I read your link. Izzy agreed to a show....the company wanted more then, thus him having to learn more material, deal fell apart. Business deals sometimes do not go through.  Negotiations.

GnR Company  owned by A,S, and D could not find a happy medium in contract , maybe legs of tour too that Izzy would sign to do. Guess what. All parties are very happy with their personal and professional lives . Deal could not be worked. No love lost.  People grow up. People  change. People grow  and change due to age , time, other obligations like family, other businesses, other interests, new friends with similar things, lifestyles,  needs, wants, etc.  Maybe the five of them are just not friends anymore. It is not 1987. 

Duffs interview said they offered him five figures, lol. The numbers tossed about here,  don’t know where anyone read that, $ 10,000 a show someone’s figure of 167 x that = 6 million, LoL. That  is funny. Peanuts. A night’s show would not be worth him waking up for , LoL, or 6 million by now if he had signed  their probably very fair or very reasonable offer, would not make nor break Izzy. He maybe earns that yearly or so  through his other work. He would probably have to pay half or more that in taxes, LoL.  Being on stage or putting out his lil hobby of music is not all there is in life or how he makes his living.  I am just assuming the guy has other income sources and  jobs. I am not knocking anyone’s post here.  Maybe at 57, no current or active social  media, no interviews, Izzy just likes being a  private person . It is his life. 

Steven, man some fans here are hard on him too. He guy was voted off the island , lol, first.  Steven was not the only one using hard drugs, but he was not  a somewhat functioning , hard core drug addict like Duff and Slash. Does that make any sense? Those 3 were really so bad off. Drugs suck and do not work. Some people can pull themselves out it faster and for good , intrinsically like Izzy, of course facing federal prison for few years, LoL, was enough for him to get himself right , clean and sober.  True, Duff and Slash put that lifestyle away decades ago. Steve....not so. The guy , to me, who talks to anyone with mic, has, was left with some real delayed or cognitive issues.  Good for him that he does not have to work for real in real life at a real job clocking in and has enough money to live a decent life to take care of himself and has his mother, brother, wife to care for him. I am not making fun of him . He should stop talking about them . Really let go. He has no self pride.  He gets to play GnR songs in a cover  band and GnR (A,S,D) never shut down his show so he should be quiet and happy and just not grovel at them anymore.

Edited by Latx
Typos
  • Like 1

GnR has toured the big , NFL football stadiums in major U.S cities a few times over now. Add this festivals like Coachella, VoodooFest, etc.

Again....states and cities a few times over.

Izzy and Steven have not been invited to even join the GnR Company for a show for song or two while the band was in Izzy and Stevens home state or home city.  Indiana, CA. Wherever ?

It is what it is and all parties are happy with their personal and professional lives. It is not impt to GnR Comoany or Izzy. Poor Steven, yes, but .....it is a no.

10 minutes ago, Latx said:

Izzy and Steven have not been invited to even join the GnR Company for a show for song or two while the band was in Izzy and Stevens home state or home city.  Indiana, CA. Wherever ?

Huh? 

Steven did play with them on the NITL tour. Also, an offer was made to Izzy to join but the money wasn't right. 

51 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Huh? 

Steven did play with them on the NITL tour. Also, an offer was made to Izzy to join but the money wasn't right. 

Opps. I forgot. I forgot what I posted on what thread.  I posted on both. Sorry for not remembering .Steven got  to be a guest for a song or two  in Argentina  and Izzy has not just joined them as a guest. I mentioned in that heir home state or here in the USA.  

If I am wrong about them being with GnR as a guest for a song or two, here in  States, I am sorry. 

That is what I mean. Also,and  I forgot the source, Blabbermouth , metal sludge, what? Steven was told no more by Duff and Stevens brother spoke out.

Ill look up that page again. I know it is here on this site somewhere.

thnx.

Edited by Latx

On 2019-07-21 at 11:54 AM, Latx said:

Opps. I forgot. I forgot what I posted on what thread.  I posted on both. Sorry for not remembering .Steven got  to be a guest for a song or two  in Argentina  and Izzy has not just joined them as a guest. I mentioned in that heir home state or here in the USA.  

If I am wrong about them being with GnR as a guest for a song or two, here in  States, I am sorry. 

That is what I mean. Also,and  I forgot the source, Blabbermouth , metal sludge, what? Steven was told no more by Duff and Stevens brother spoke out.

Ill look up that page again. I know it is here on this site somewhere.

thnx.

Adler drummed in Cincinnati & Nashville in the states. 

You’ll know it’s him when you hear “Out ta get me” it sounds right. 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Adler drummed in Cincinnati & Nashville in the states. 

You’ll know it’s him when you hear “Out ta get me” it sounds right. 

Steven comes out:

giphy.gif

Frank comes back: /snip

• GNFNR 1

If ever there is a chance of Izzy taking part in the reunion tour it's now this forthcoming leg is only a month of gigs  and it's based mainly in the US so it's not that big of a commitment ,however whether he or the band want him to get back up on stage is open to debate but anything is possible at this point nobody ever envisaged Slash ever playing with GnR again after all that went down over the years. 

• Like 1

Can't see Izzy being remotely interested but hope i'm wrong. What is for sure if he does get up and play it will be with Fortus.. Who i absolutely admire. Great guy and guitarist. We just need some Izzy songs and GNR will rock. But more like the Stones. Appetite is in the past and won't ever happen again. 

4 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Axl was playing GNR songs in a GNR cover band for 20 years.

And now his sets consist of 1/3 covers while he saves his A game to sing for Looney Tunes or cover Bon Scott and Brian Johnson.

Meanwhile, Duff became a sad PC caricature of his former self and Slash is completely stranded on his own guitar god island.

In a way it makes perfect sense to not have Steven or Izzy in the band - they would remind everyone that the emperors have no clothes.

motherfucker well saaid 

GNR have not been gnr since 93 and that includes all moments of NITL - THERE WERE SNIPPETS OF MAGIC BUT VERY MOTHERFUCKING SPARSE

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Ya’llllllllllllllllll some mean fans up in here on a  :headbang:diehard fan board.

Funny,  :heart: .

@double talkin jive mfkr  @adamsapple  

I just find it , AxSxD  tour amazing from a newsy standpoint. The numbers and sold out shows are amazing . Whatever AxSxD is selling, people are buying.  Look out, just my thinking, Forbes mag. If Kim Kartrashian and Kylie J got on or in the mag, well,  AxSxD , maybe so. 

I have reading around here some fans want to hear new music, new cd , but I think why? Rock stations play classic rock.   Music is bought on line.Thing is , my opinion, they are pulling in major money, very little press over these  4 years, I doubt they write new music.  They cannot write and sing , as AARP aged middle aged men, Rocket Queens or Out Ta Get Mes.  GnR lived through it all to become  rich, old men.  It is a funny story.

Yeah, Steven might have the last laugh.

Just my op ....knowing nothing.....but y’all posts are so sooo funny. :P

Edited by Latx

22 minutes ago, Latx said:

I have reading around here some fans want to hear new music, new cd , but I think why?

Why? why not? old bands release music all the time. Look at Maiden for example. Priest. Even Tool dabbles in it sometimes. Axl said he would "love" to release new music, Slash and the spine are back in the band and want to do it, and they don't need to sell a lot of albums cause the Gn'R brand is making hundreds of millions from the tour.

Also: the art. It comes first right after making half a billion $ playing mostly 30 year old tunes. Either they release new music or they are a complete joke. I'm naive and an optimist so I still think there's a chance.

I understand the need to cash in after not playing together for 20 years, but at some point a real band needs to release new material. Comes with the territory of being a musician.

I think Axl waits until everything is perfect, until all the conditions are just right for a release so he ends up releasing 1 album in 20 years on average which is, honestly, hilariously shitty and sad. No other band does that. I wonder why.

• Like 1

I always thought live era was just put together by the record company to make money rather than an official release from the band?.

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

Why? why not? old bands release music all the time. Look at Maiden for example. Priest. Even Tool dabbles in it sometimes. Axl said he would "love" to release new music, Slash and the spine are back in the band and want to do it, and they don't need to sell a lot of albums cause the Gn'R brand is making hundreds of millions from the tour.

Also: the art. It comes first right after making half a billion $ playing mostly 30 year old tunes. Either they release new music or they are a complete joke. I'm naive and an optimist so I still think there's a chance.

I understand the need to cash in after not playing together for 20 years, but at some point a real band needs to release new material. Comes with the territory of being a musician.

I think Axl waits until everything is perfect, until all the conditions are just right for a release so he ends up releasing 1 album in 20 years on average which is, honestly, hilariously shitty and sad. No other band does that. I wonder why.

Even metallica release new music because "they enjoy the creative process". Not hard for gnr to have the same mindset.

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

Ill actually give up hopes on this band being a real band if they dont release or at least announce something by the end of these next gigs, Ill just look at them as a nostalgia trip and enjoy what they did in the past. Its time to move on.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, default_ said:

Ill actually give up hopes on this band being a real band if they dont release or at least announce something by the end of these next gigs, Ill just look at them as a nostalgia trip and enjoy what they did in the past. Its time to move on.

Same here. If they want nostalgia fine but then make it a real nostalgia with Izzy and Steven so that at least the music sounds and feels right. If they don't want nostalgia yet keep performing shows without new material, then they can keep posing through the motions to the seen and be seen Vegas, Coachella and Hipstergram crowds but I got better gigs to attend than these.

50 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Even metallica release new music because "they enjoy the creative process". Not hard for gnr to have the same mindset.

Metallica's top priority as a band was always playing live. Slash is the same. Duff manages to stay fairly prolific. My guess is Axl's mindset is totally different. Going by what he said in interviews and his actions as a musician I think he wants every Gn'R album to be a grand musical statement, not just another rock album.

What Axl wants a new Guns album to be could be very different compared to what Hetfield thinks a Metallica album needs to contain. Slash views releasing his solo albums as almost an excuse to keep touring.

Maybe for Axl it means more than that, so to release an album he considers less than great is not really an option. Like he has a long list in his head of specific qualities that make a Guns album great and it can potentially change and get longer as time passes and members of the band leave.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Neil Young has put out 9 albums - I repeat, 9 albums - since Rose put out Chinese Democracy.

Neil Young sounds like he enjoys making albums at this stage of his career.

Axl Rose may not. That doesn't mean I don't want one, but if a near 60 year old man who's set for life financially gets more enjoyment out of playing life shows than he does recording, that's his call. 

• Like 3