Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

7 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

sounds like you got axl ears for music - adler is on point in YCBM whereas Frank the butcher is a complete and utter mess who tries to make each song his own rather than following the written parts destroying every fucking legendary song 

Are you seriously saying Adler is playing that intro the way it is on the album? Are you actually really seriously saying that? Really?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KURT19 said:

Axl remains the “wild card” in this bunch...

The return would be worldwide adoration and, believe me, Axl wants and needs it. 

You keep conveniently forgetting that this is ROCK N’ ROLL.  Get on with it.

You keep conveniently forgetting that these are 60 year old men in 2019. Their wild rock n roll days are behind them and it would be sad and tragic if they weren't. 

The number of people who actually care if Adler is the drummer or not is far smaller than you think it is. There's little, if any, reward to taking the Adler risk. 

• Like 2

I always got the feeling that Adler's drug problems were kind of an excuse to fire him and not work with him again. 

Personally, I think they just all find him to be really annoying.  He seems like a very intense person to be around.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 4:57 AM, RussTCB said:

Ah, ok....so there's nothing to it really. The fans commenting on social media are simply going by a random tweet Mitch LaFon made and things Alan Niven has said. No disrespect to either, but the users here seem to think neither of them are a great source for actual insider information.

Bringing them back would get rock fans interested? They just finished one of the highest grossing tours of all time. I don't think getting rock fans interested is an issue.

ok so was niven wrong that izzy showed up to rehearsal in the midwest and then left? sounded about right to me 

12 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

ok so was niven wrong that izzy showed up to rehearsal in the midwest and then left? sounded about right to me 

I have no clue. Others have called bullshit but I couldn't tell ya if it's true or not. 

I called bullshit cause other than the Troubadour show that's the single biggest scoop in the last 20 years.....and not a single mention, rumor, blurry pic or video, spotting of Izzy at the airport.....NOTHING???  FUCKING nothing???

Niven's an old man.  Someone was probably pulling his leg and he believed it.

I'd love to be proven wrong but an event of that magnitude would have a SHRED of evidence other than ONE guy who wasn't even there claiming it happened about  a year or so after the fact.

BULLSHIT.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I called bullshit cause other than the Troubadour show that's the single biggest scoop in the last 20 years.....and not a single mention, rumor, blurry pic or video, spotting of Izzy at the airport.....NOTHING???  FUCKING nothing???

Niven's an old man.  Someone was probably pulling his leg and he believed it.

I'd love to be proven wrong but an event of that magnitude would have a SHRED of evidence other than ONE guy who wasn't even there claiming it happened about  a year or so after the fact.

BULLSHIT.

Well, we had no pictures or anything like that until the gig was actually happening. Nobody even knew what was the lineup that day... Mellissa was a huge surprise to everyone. They're pros on getting everything and everyone out of the sight. 

12 hours ago, Modano09 said:

This would be the same Slash and Duff that Adler essentially said had had enough of him, no? Slash and Duff aren't stupid and they're not stuck in whatever 1980's time warp they would have to be in to think Adler is a must have.

why so many criticisms for Steven Adler? 

I would like to have Matt Sorum, but it seems that Axl hates him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

I always got the feeling that Adler's drug problems were kind of an excuse to fire him and not work with him again. 

Personally, I think they just all find him to be really annoying.  He seems like a very intense person to be around.

I kind agree. And he is the only original member with no talent. 

2 hours ago, Tyler Drama said:

Are you seriously saying Adler is playing that intro the way it is on the album? Are you actually really seriously saying that? Really?

I agree with you 100% here.  Frank plays the intro much better than Adler in that video.  You can argue about Steven on the AFD stuff but on things like YCBM he isn't very good at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I kind agree. And he is the only original member with no talent. 

14 minutes ago, default_ said:

I kind of disagree as Duff is a really generic composer at best. 

That's kind of harsh. Shouldn't they at least be acknowledged for their talent playing drums and bass respectively? I agree about the songwriting capabilities though I love Duffs bass lines. He also contributed some cool riffs like WTTJ (I know slash takes Credit for it, but it's obviously Duffs creation, taken from a song he wrote in his previous band) 

Edited by Homefuck
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Homefuck said:

That's kind of harsh. Shouldn't they at least be acknowledged for their talent playing drums and bass respectively? I agree about the songwriting capabilities though I love Duffs bass lines. He also contributed some cool riffs like WTTJ (I know slash takes Credit for it, but it's obviously Duffs creation, taken from a song he wrote in his previous band) 

Oh, yeah! Without Duff and Steven GNR would never be what it is, they both have a great signature and sense of rythmn, but when one says Steven was the only one with no actual talent I must disagree. Duffs tries really hard to be edgy and even artsy these days, but everything he creates is kind of meh. 

We can find some highlights on Izzy, Slash and even Axls solo career, but nothing really stands out with these two. 

Edited by default_

2 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Nobody in Guns was excellent on their own. But together, they were amazing. 

Izzy was a great songwriter but a fairly ordinary guitar player.

Steven was a fairly ordinary drummer but his sound just fit the band and was never properly replaced.

Slash is a beast on guitar but can’t write great songs.

Duff is a good all around musician but not particularly a master of anything.

Axl, the man had insane talent as a singer and songwriter and front man.  But he couldn’t really make great music without the others. 

Amen. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, default_ said:

Oh, yeah! Without Duff and Steven GNR would never be what it is, they both have a great signature and sense of rythmn, but when one says Steven was the only one with no actual talent I must disagree. Duffs tries really hard to be edgy and even artsy these days, but everything he creates is kind of meh. 

We can find some highlights on Izzy, Slash and even Axls solo career, but nothing really stands out with these two. 

When I say he has no talent I specifically mean he is not respected as musician by his peers. I’m not demeaning Steven. He does that himself.

1 hour ago, default_ said:

The hard truth is they need the 5 back with dizzy and maybe matt to finish this properly and recorda real true guns album ...

7 minutes ago, craiggunslover said:

The hard truth is they need the 5 back with dizzy and maybe matt to finish this properly and recorda real true guns album ...

The hard truth is that this line-up sold out stadiums as a 'reunited' aka 'legit' version of GNR. This is GNR as far as the general public is concerned. If there's a new album, Fortus and Frank will be playing on it, and it will still be huge.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, craiggunslover said:

I think you may be setting yourself up for a fall when you see the tracklisting to the next record, which will likely include titles like Atlas Shrugged and The General.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The hard truth is that this line-up sold out stadiums as a 'reunited' aka 'legit' version of GNR. This is GNR as far as the general public is concerned. If there's a new album, Fortus and Frank will be playing on it, and it will still be huge.

I really wish frank would be removed from this lineup. Brain is higher up in terms of skill, but frank doesnt have any rnr look or swagger. 

• Like 2