Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

I think you may be setting yourself up for a fall when you see the tracklisting to the next record, which will likely include titles like Atlas Shrugged and The General.

Oh I'll take it and probably like it..but izzy and steven on board woukd be amazing as a fan since 1989 sue me lol

5 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I really wish frank would be removed from this lineup. Brain is higher up in terms of skill, but frank doesnt have any rnr look or swagger. 

Richard and frank are session players we all know it  they know it...for guns its like slash said many moons ago it was the only line up that could've worked and the chemistry was through the roof  ...

8 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

why so many criticisms for Steven Adler? 

I would like to have Matt Sorum, but it seems that Axl hates him

In all honestly, I'm not a big Alder fan, but the criticisms are mostly just pointing out why it's understandable if Adler's never brought back in full time. 

For this to even be a possibility there need to be numerous changes.

drop Melissa and frank, hire a good drummer, drop the covers, drop the CD songs. Hire axl a vocal coach, drop the solos.

scale the entire show back to 2-2.5 hours, no covers, no smurf, no solos, mix up the set list so it’s not so damn predictable, throw a rarity in here and there, maybe debut a new song or two.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

18 hours ago, KURT19 said:

So is Duff’s.

So is Slash’s.

So is mine.

Get real.

Yeah..They all have the same history of canceled tours because addiction troubles, Slash and Duff have the same vulnerability as Adler, of course! :facepalm:.. As Adler, Slash and Duff had their solo careers driven to failure because of problems stemming from their drugs addiction. You’re a genius putting they all in the same bag! So..You get real, buddy! You only can compare their addictions to remark how different each case is.

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Lol that bit of duff saying hes a conductor from the use your illusion video of japan, i wish i could turn that into a gif.

he was so fucking high there its beyond belief like the dictionary gif translation 

i know what matts thinking i know what slash is thinking axl blah blah 

hes got a major drip going 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

20 minutes ago, Derick said:

Yeah..They all have the same history of canceled tours because addiction troubles, Slash and Duff have the same vulnerability as Adler, of course! :facepalm:.. As Adler, Slash and Duff had their solo careers driven to failure because of problems stemming from their drugs addiction. You’re a genius putting they all in the same bag! So..You get real, buddy! You only can compare their addictions to remark how different each case is.

duff sounded wasted in his last interview 

and axl among everybody is the biggest sober liability in the last 10 years he's had a steep decline of partying and irresponsibility, he got it together somewhat for NITL but he's the only original member that has any substance issues by all acounts adler has not fucked up and look no further than to izzy where there is no fucking way he'd slip - axl wants the aliens in the picture cause they fit his scene - axl is the problem not adler or izzy he's down his head in and knows 100% its the orignal set but he wants to still party and not be with around these sober guys  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Stop living in a dream world. You have no information to back up those clams. 

Yes, i understand you would like the AFD line up to reform but unfortunately your wish is clouding your judgement. 

Unless you have first hand knowledge that Duff no longer follows a sober life style or current individual band members don't associate with each other due to being sober or dependent on drugs or alcohol than let it be.

This kind of nonsense leads people like yourselve and others being let down when they wish does not come a reality. 

Unfortunately that leads to you and others pointing to and blaming the band, individual band members and band management. 

The rumour came from a person who has nothing to do with the current band, their interworkings or future plans. 

Don't get your hopes up based on what that person claims to know. 

buddy trust me i don't get my hopes up when it comes to gnr

axl changes his mind so much you have to be his brain molecules to know what goes through his head not to mention TB 

they know they need to go in this direction but its all mind fucking them 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

5 hours ago, Derick said:

Is this sarcasm?!

If so, with all due respect, you don’t have a fucking clue.

1 hour ago, Dcrazed212 said:

Will never be a AFD 5 full tour. Not in a Arena, a club, or even a theater.  Not even in a garage.  That's what, like 8 songs?  Come on get real.  Better chance of 10 more GNR albums before that. 

However, best case scenario is, the AFD plays a stripped down set in the middle of a set.  The current band is a perfect machine right now.  Only us hardcore fans care about the drummer or keyboards.  If you ask the 55,000 people in the stadium about the drummer, 49,000 will have no clue who you are talking about.  But picture this.

Tour starts up again.   They change up a few covers, drop a few regulars, and add some deep cuts from UYI.  Then the lights go down middle of the show for a short intermission, with old video footage of AFD 5 in candid moments, studio and backstage stuff.   Then the AFD5 logo appears.  The original 5 appear on stage on a stripped down stage and launch into WTTJ.  Then the rest of the hits from Appetite.  The crowd would go ape shit bonkers.  Nothing else but the 5.  Like a show in the middle of the show.   Just for the 25 minute set, everyone who saw NITL would go see it again.  Would be historical, more historical then Troubadour with Axl and Slash on stage again. 

AFD is 12 tracks and 54 minutes.  Your vision is cool but I don't think Axl's voice can handle AFD straight through, even if they do the 20 minute version of RQ and put it in the middle.

7 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

the most logical and simple reason axl needs at least izzy back in the picture is to share the brunt load of vocals that his voice surely cannot sustain moving forward having izzy and duff take 30% of the load woulld do wonders for axl, his throat and stress 

Bullshit. 

36 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I saw them last summer, they played for almost 3,5 hours. He sounded just fine. 

Indeed. But some people just watched Rock in Rio (as it was highly promoted and discussed) and decided that "Axl's voice is dead". Typical story. 

• Like 1

Even if Izzy came back and they gave more vocal duties to him, Duff and Melissa, it wouldn't necessarily make Axl sound better throughout the show. He'd still Mickey the shit out of Estranged, YCBM, Nov Rain, SCOM etc.

However, I do wish they'd let Duff do lead vocals on Dust N Bones and So Fine, and let Melissa do co-lead vocals on Locomotive. But if they didn't adjust the setlist in 2018 then I doubt they'll ever re-work the set to fit Axl's vocals. He's too stubborn to admit he doesn't sound good.

the reason why Adler is not capable of playing is pretty simple and has almost 0 to do with factors outside himself.  For ref see how long he manages to stay within his own bands w/o line up change.  Drugs have permanently damaged his state of mind.

Matt is just all around better player. Out of all line ups Ax ever had, UYI and TSI sound was the most ideal sound GNR ever had, IMO.

• Like 4