Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

I remember the stones did a tour (I think it was in the early 2000s) where they played a theater, and arena and a stadium all in the same city in the same week.  I'd love to see and AFD5 reunion done similar to this, although I doubt they could do all 3 shows- maybe a theater and arena (or baseball stadium in some markets)

regarding Steven's line up changes, I would be that would come down to themoney.  there's no way he pays those guys more than a grand each per show.  cant live off that. probably why Izzy has never joined him for a song or two on any recent solo tours

Edited by Chester 524
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

That's not how vocals work. Axl can't sound like 1988 again because of the way he sang back then. He won't magically have the voice he had at 26 because Izzy and Adler are back. 

ok then explain axl dc and the clip i posted of adlers first appearance on OTGM that rasp came back sir  

axl slacks off when he's not motivated 

when he is big surprises can happen

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You bumped an old topic seemingly just to take a bunch of jabs at our user base. 

This part here has to be the most ridiculous, reaching, failed attempt at insulting our site and our users that I've ever seen. 

Oh and btw, as a huge fan of Frank personally (which I've posted about a lot on here), I truly feel sorry for you that you can't hear the difference between Adler, Sorum and Frank when it comes to drumming. 

just curious to pick your brain since you're a fan of Frank, why do you like him so much? I'm a drummer myself and I don't particularly like his style drumming and really don't like how he changes songs especially the most recognizable parts such as the November rain intro. While he wasn't the one that wanted to speed songs up (a lot of people have this misconception he just follows a click trick set by others), his tempo isn't as consistent as Sourm's. I also don't like his overuse of the cymbals especially his china. And his drums always sound flat, which may also be the fault of his drum tech/the mics he uses. 

With all this in mind, he isn't very appealing to me as a drummer, especially in my favorite band. What makes you like him?

Not trying to insult and sorry it's off topic but would love to hear your opinion!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You bumped an old topic seemingly just to take a bunch of jabs at our user base. 

This part here has to be the most ridiculous, reaching, failed attempt at insulting our site and our users that I've ever seen. 

Oh and btw, as a huge fan of Frank personally (which I've posted about a lot on here), I truly feel sorry for you that you can't hear the difference between Adler, Sorum and Frank when it comes to drumming. 

I should not have said this site. All sites. You tube comments. All of it. It is always who likes  Matt vs Steve. I also said complimentary great points  about Frank.

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Steven has shown that he can play Civil War and You Could Be Mine, at least. I would love to hear him play Coma, Double Talkin' Jive, November Rain and especially Locomotive if they ever play that one again. Obviously he can play Don't Cry and KOHD, too. The only song he might not play as well as Sorum would be Estranged IMO, it'd be really interesting to hear his take on that song.

Matt sucked the life out of some AFD songs. Steven injects new life into some UYI songs. Frank pretty much ruins everything.

No comments from you to Gordon  who said Frank mostly ruins everything.

1 hour ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

just curious to pick your brain since you're a fan of Frank, why do you like him so much? I'm a drummer myself and I don't particularly like his style drumming and really don't like how he changes songs especially the most recognizable parts such as the November rain intro. While he wasn't the one that wanted to speed songs up (a lot of people have this misconception he just follows a click trick set by others), his tempo isn't as consistent as Sourm's. I also don't like his overuse of the cymbals especially his china. And his drums always sound flat, which may also be the fault of his drum tech/the mics he uses. 

With all this in mind, he isn't very appealing to me as a drummer, especially in my favorite band. What makes you like him?

Not trying to insult and sorry it's off topic but would love to hear your opinion!

No offense taken at all. I realize I'm very much in the minority, so I'm used to having my like of Frank questioned lol. 

Having said that, I can play drums a bit but I don't consider myself "a drummer", so I think that might have something to do with it. I just like the extra notes he throws in here and there which is the reason most people dislike him from what I've read. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

I remember the stones did a tour (I think it was in the early 2000s) where they played a theater, and arena and a stadium all in the same city in the same week.  I'd love to see and AFD5 reunion done similar to this, although I doubt they could do all 3 shows- maybe a theater and arena (or baseball stadium in some markets)

regarding Steven's line up changes, I would be that would come down to themoney.  there's no way he pays those guys more than a grand each per show.  cant live off that. probably why Izzy has never joined him for a song or two on any recent solo tours

WTF!?!?!?

I hate to bring you the news....but do you know where the fees range in music world?  There is no chance Adler gets over 2k /2.5k per show.  Van included in that price

1 hour ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

If fairness , Frank is doing, mostly likely, as he is paid to do so. This is what and how ADS want it.

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You seriously think that people don't like Frank becuase of his color? What an unfortunate view of the world to have. 

No. You added that. I do not  see on sites much praise or comments about Frank, the Black Guy.

It is Mattttt, oh he is great, so technical....he really played during the best years... he saved aGnR....oh Steve , loose, grove, swing...but he only played on AFD...no he did  UYIs .. .no he didn’t... same back and forth arguments.

Frank is the drummer and will be  until this tour is over one day, some day. and until AR retires GnR. Frank has been for over 10 years. . Steve will never be given a bone by ADS. Mr. Matt has moved on. 

Edited by Latx

4 minutes ago, Latx said:

No. You added that. I do not  see on sites much praise or comments about Frank, the Black Guy.

It is Mattttt, oh he is great, so technical....he really played during the best years... he saved aGnR....oh Steve , loose, grove, swing...but he only played on AFD...no he did  UYIs .. .no he didn’t... same back and forth arguments.

Frank is the drummer and will be  until this tour is over one day, some day.He has been for over 10 years. . Steve will never be given a bone by ADS. Mr. Matt has moved on. 

Huh? Here's exactly what you typed

"Frank is the Black Guy and so I never hear fans on this site rave about him." 

Not sure how you can claim you meant anything other than his race has something to do with it. Otherwise, why bring it up in the first place and / or say that's a reason he doesn't get praise on this site? 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Huh? Here's exactly what you typed

"Frank is the Black Guy and so I never hear fans on this site rave about him." 

Not sure how you can claim you meant anything other than his race has something to do with it. Otherwise, why bring it up in the first place and / or say that's a reason he doesn't get praise on this site? 

Yes. I said that  and more. I stand by all my posts and all my comments. All of them.

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You seriously think that people don't like Frank becuase of his color? What an unfortunate view of the world to have. 

it is Mattttt, oh he is great, so technical....h he really played during the best years...oh Steve , loose, grove, swing...but he only played on AFD...no he did on auYIs...no didn’t...

Edited by Latx
Typos

2 minutes ago, Latx said:

Yes. I said that  and more. I stand by all my posts and all my comments. All of them. 

Fantastic. Go ahead and take a week off from the forum. It might be a good amount of time for you to decide if you can post without insulting the forum or its members when you return. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Latx said:

I should not have said this site. All sites. You tube comments. All of it. It is always who likes  Matt vs Steve. I also said complimentary great points  about Frank.

No comments from you to Gordon  who said Frank mostly ruins everything.

To be clear: I don't think Frank is a bad drummer necessarily, I just don't like his style when it comes to GNR tunes. His fills, grooves and his drum tone are the least appealing of all the drummers GNR have had. He adds many unnecessary fills and accents, and it's annoyingly noticeable to the point where it brings the songs down... and none of those things are helped by the faster tempos.

That said, I respect the opinions like Russ' because it's a subjective thing. I also know that his favourite GNR guitar player is Robin and I disagree with that opinion too, but in the end who cares?

edit: also, Frank is of Cuban heritage, no?

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

No offense taken at all. I realize I'm very much in the minority, so I'm used to having my like of Frank questioned lol. 

Having said that, I can play drums a bit but I don't consider myself "a drummer", so I think that might have something to do with it. I just like the extra notes he throws in here and there which is the reason most people dislike him from what I've read. 

I like Frank's drumming on Chinese and live. He hits his skins with a lot of power but it's not as rigid as Matt's drumming which I also enjoy. He strikes a nice balance between power and groove and he's doing his own thing, you can tell it's him. I remember he was very good at the show I've attended in 2012.

I've heard Frank fuckin' up many times but more often than not it rocks. He doesn't play the Gn'R tunes like they are played on the records but I don't care. I enjoy his fills most of the time and I think he's the right drummer for the band. I also like his attitude and Christmas outfit.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

I honestly think axl will do a afd5 show when he is ready to call gnr quits.

1 hour ago, Latx said:

it is Mattttt, oh he is great, so technical....h he really played during the best years...oh Steve , loose, grove, swing...but he only played on AFD...no he did on auYIs...no didn’t...

I think, in fairness, English is clearly not this persons first language. Perhaps what they meant was the opposite of racism through their limited language skills. 

Could be interpreted as "typical that the black guy gets no praise". 

"Frank is the black guy so gets no praise"  and "I do not see on sites much praise or comments for Frank, the black guy"

could read, to someone with limited english, as "I believe the reason no one around here or on other sites seem to like Frank is because he's black, which is stupid."

9 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

I think, in fairness, English is clearly not this persons first language. Perhaps what they meant was the opposite of racism through their limited language skills. 

Could be interpreted as "typical that the black guy gets no praise". 

"Frank is the black guy so gets no praise"  and "I do not see on sites much praise or comments for Frank, the black guy"

could read, to someone with limited english, as "I believe the reason no one around here or on other sites seem to like Frank is because he's black, which is stupid."

That was the whole point! That's what everyone thought she was saying. I don't think anyone thought she was saying anything else!

The point was that she was implying that the forum members who don't like Frank are racist. They don't  like him because he's black.

Noone though she was being racist.

She was being incredibly offensive to people just offering an opinion on Frank's drumming - which they are entitled to do eithout being called racist.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DK6 said:

That was the whole point! That's what everyone thought she was saying. I don't think anyone thought she was saying anything else!

The point was that she was implying that the forum members who don't like Frank are racist. They don't  like him because he's black.

Noone though she was being racist.

She was being incredibly offensive to people just offering an opinion on Frank's drumming - which they are entitled to do eithout being called racist.

That's exactly how it read to me; the implication was that the members of this forum don't give Frank a chance because of his skin color, which is not only incredibly untrue but extremely offensive to the user base here.

For my part, I've seen a lot of people voice opinions against Frank and I've never once seen any user mention his color until today. To assume that anyone might not like him based on his color is just odd and offensive. 

1 hour ago, rebeldhipi said:

For what its worth im a drummer too and i like Frank.

Matt was my favourite, 

After that Josh Freese, Frank, Brain, Steven. 

Matt was my favorite until Frank came along. I really would like to hear more tracks with Freese so I can make a better judgment call on him. 

Too many things to quote since I see a lot of fans of Frank now coming out, so I'll hit what I can

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I will say his version of estranged in 2011 from London is actually quite catchy, and dare I say "fun" to play on drums every once and awhile. 

3 hours ago, Latx said:

If fairness , Frank is doing, mostly likely, as he is paid to do so. This is what and how ADS want it.

The meaning "you get what you pay for" very much may be exactly what happened here

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

To be clear: I don't think Frank is a bad drummer necessarily, I just don't like his style when it comes to GNR tunes. His fills, grooves and his drum tone are the least appealing of all the drummers GNR have had. He adds many unnecessary fills and accents, and it's annoyingly noticeable to the point where it brings the songs down... and none of those things are helped by the faster tempos.

I agree. I think the lessons that he's gotten has certainly improved his skills and he was good for the Chinese era of GNR, but come on guys this is 2019 going on 2020. they're one of the most successful rock bands in the world today, and ever. They can get any drummer they want and they're settling for Frank at a cheap value. I don't mind steven not being there, matt too with his ego issues but why can't brain be back? Why can't they get someone who is technically skilled and a much better drummer. I wouldn't even mind Brent Fitz, I think he's a very good drummer and works well with slash. 

Frank in the studio scares me. It seems like he and slash don't have the chemistry slash has had with other drummers has. I wonder how Frank and Duff work. 

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I remember he was very good at the show I've attended in 2012.

Do you notice a difference in his drumming between 2012 and now? If so do you like it? When I compare the way he plays songs from then to now I personally see a major difference and I don't particularly like the direction he went. 

And on the record, Brain was my favorite followed by Steven then Matt. Matt's tom fills seem to get too repetitive sometimes. The illusion songs seem to have a lot of tom fills that are carried over from track to track. Freese just hasn't been on enough GNR for me to rate him, however, I love the solo album he did with slash. Great drumming 

Edited by Gunsdrummer63

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

That said, I respect the opinions like Russ' because it's a subjective thing. I also know that his favourite GNR guitar player is Robin and I disagree with that opinion too, but in the end who cares?

edit: also, Frank is of Cuban heritage, no?

you are right, Frank have Cuban heritage.

• Like 1