NITL Tour DVD/Blu Ray ?

I'm really surprised this hasn't surfaced yet. They recorded just about every show on the tour. In particular i'd like to see The Troubador footage & the Las Vegas footage I've seen little snippets on YouTube but it would be great to have that on DVD also any backstage footage would be an added bonus..

• Thanks 1

The Use Your Illusion Tour was complety filmed by a professional film crew. For examples Chicago and Oklahoma from 1992 were stolen and leaked. Every gig is on film. GN'R planed a movie about the UYI Tour called "Perfect Crime". But Axl you know? Nothin' .... but a good time

So Not In This Lifetime... as a home release? I have not so much hope.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I don't think I'd buy that unless it was a compilation of various best performances. Axl's voice wasn't consistently good enough to just put one uncut concert out imo.

both nights of Dodger 2016 were filmed. He was pretty good both nights.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jw224 said:

I don't think I'd buy that unless it was a compilation of various best performances. Axl's voice wasn't consistently good enough to just put one uncut concert out imo.

That would be the best option. Find some of the best performances of each song. Show the different excitement from different cities..  

It is probably taking forever to edit so there isn't any unflattering angles of Axl's physique.. That could be a daunting task...

2 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

Are live DVDs even a thing anymore? 

Yes an I would buy one in a second. Plus they also release them digitally to be aired on AXSTV and streaming channels.. Those are usually edited down though so with the Blu Ray you usually get more songs and bonus features.

3 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

Are live DVDs even a thing anymore? 

Check Eagle Rock’s YouTube channel. They’re basically the ones who make live BluRays of almost every big band in activity. A NITL tour best-of in that quality would be huge.

• Like 1

IIRC the crew who shot Troubadour were never paid, and the same crew were also flown out to shoot the MetLife Stadium shows months later with a multicam setup...and were never paid

So they never released that footage to the band

Sound familiar? Same thing happened with Vegas 1/1/01

Axl's cheap

• Like 1

Imagine professionally recording all NITL dates and not releasing a Blu ray/DVD. We could try raising this argument to the bands management but Fernando would some how blame us for it.

Check out the Metallica site. They put up the live recordings on the website for like $7. Guns need to get real & fast. They could put all of the live recording up on GNR.com & at least a few live shows for streaming but its never simple for this band. Why does everything have to be ass backwards. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Id actually like a compilation, Live Era style, obviously not with re-recorded crap. Otherwise, nahhhhhhh. Being there, in concert, is one thing. I heard even casual fans say "One of the best shows i've been to", but when it comes right down to it, the show doesn't sound good with Axl on tape. It's a shame, because he could turn on the jets when he wanted to-see This I Love from Memphis, Better-Houston, countless other examples. But, honestly i'd trade all the 2016, 2017, 2018 bootlegs-minus Vegas for a new UYI tour proshot

Edited by UsedYourIllusion
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

IIRC the crew who shot Troubadour were never paid, and the same crew were also flown out to shoot the MetLife Stadium shows months later with a multicam setup...and were never paid

So they never released that footage to the band

Sound familiar? Same thing happened with Vegas 1/1/01

Axl's cheap

Think it was the Dodger stadium show not MetLife. I'm not sure it was down to axl to organise and pay a film crew, but something definitely went wrong somewhere.

We have rock in Rio, I know 2016 shows were deemed to sound better but if it was released it would soon be forgotten.

Best bet is to uncover some more boots like Saskatoon.

1 hour ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Id actually like a compilation, Live Era style, obviously not with re-recorded crap. Otherwise, nahhhhhhh. Being there, in concert, is one thing. I heard even casual fans say "One of the best shows i've been to", but when it comes right down to it, the show doesn't sound good with Axl on tape. It's a shame, because he could turn on the jets when he wanted to-see This I Love from Memphis, Better-Houston, countless other examples. But, honestly i'd trade all the 2016, 2017, 2018 bootlegs-minus Vegas for a new UYI tour proshot

Quoted for truth.

NITL hasn't had an official live album/DVD release for one reason and one reason only: Axl Rose's singing.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

I would only buy the shows I went to, just a keepsake really. I'd probably watch it once.

Release any shows from AFD or UYI eras and I'd buy all of them.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if they released shows from each era at the same time,  just to see which sells more.

obvs AFD or UYI sell more ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cpaxlvacy said:

Slash said in an interview that there won't be a dvd for the tour. It fucking sucks. This band never releases anything and there is just one person to blame, Axl Rose!!! The second high grossing tour ever and not a dvd :(

Really???  😨

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I really do hope that they release some of the videos from the UYI era. It gave me some hope when Slash commented about them in one of his recent interviews.

I guess I possibly would buy a NITLT concert but wouldn’t feel as excited about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Quoted for truth.

NITL hasn't had an official live album/DVD release for one reason and one reason only: Axl Rose's singing.

A compilation from the US 2016 stadium run would actually be pretty good... there's only a few songs he wasn't good on (YCBM, Nov Rain, Paradise City) but 90% would be enjoyable to listen to.

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Then why did they release Appetite For Democracy?

I think it was part of the contract for the residency... and it still took them 2 years to release it :lol:

12 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I would only buy the shows I went to, just a keepsake really. I'd probably watch it once.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if they released shows from each era at the same time,  just to see which sells more.

obvs AFD or UYI sell more ;)

We know jan being the slash fan you are, you will be looking forward to the "bonus" footage.😉

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

I’ve said this before, if they do a live DVD it needs to be like flight 666 by iron maiden, pick the absolute best version of each song. It really makes for a solid live DVD/ blu ray. Axl is way too inconsistent vocally to release a whole concert.

they can package it with some behind the scenes footage/ tour doco.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I’ve said this before, if they do a live DVD it needs to be like flight 666 by iron maiden, pick the absolute best version of each song. It really makes for a solid live DVD/ blu ray. Axl is way too inconsistent vocally to release a whole concert.

they can package it with some behind the scenes footage/ tour doco.

Agree on this. The best songs ftom the different cities/countries. Houston would have to be included.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

A compilation from the US 2016 stadium run would actually be pretty good... there's only a few songs he wasn't good on (YCBM, Nov Rain, Paradise City) but 90% would be enjoyable to listen to.

I think it was part of the contract for the residency... and it still took them 2 years to release it :lol:

Are you sure about YCBM and Paradise City?

YCBM from Coachella 2016 and PC from San Diego 2017 are even more raspier. Though no proper SCOM was spotted.  

• Like 1