New Shannon Hoon Documentary with GNR footage

When they were making the movie, Rolling Stone or someone leaked that video of Shannon walking onstage during one of Guns acoustic sets delivering a pizza naked except for a viking hat. I saw it once or twice and it was taken down. I hope that makes it because it was hilarious.

Been looking forward to this movie for a long time.. I actually went and saw Blind Melon a couple weeks ago. Good band.. 

• Like 2

On 25.04.2019 at 9:53 PM, GnR Chris said:

Not sure, but I know he appeared in Chicago with Guns N' Roses in '92 to sing backing vocals.

Blind Melon opened for them quite a lot actually. Shannon even delivered pizza naked on stage and played bongos with Axl and co.

it's confirmed there is Gnr footage in there. Super trust worthy site did a reviw of the film and said slash and axl make cameo's in it and there is a scene of shannon delivering a pizza to GNR during their 93 tour. That footage came out a few years ago but has been removed online. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

it's confirmed there is Gnr footage in there. Super trust worthy site  did a reviw of the film and said slash and axl make cameo's in it and there is a scene of shannon delivering a pizza to GNR during their 93 tour. That footage came out a few years ago but has been removed online. 

Thanks for the update! I wonder if the slash and Axl cameos are clips we haven’t seen before.

If I recall correctly there was a little video floating around on YouTube awhile back that Shannon filmed in 1990 at the studio during the making of UYI. In the video, Axl says “Yo, happy Christmas” to the camera and then Shannon zooms in on a little Christmas tree they had there in the control room and says “see? I told you they weren’t devil worshipers.” The Axl cameo is probably that.

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Thanks for the update! I wonder if the slash and Axl cameos are clips we haven’t seen before.

If I recall correctly there was a little video floating around on YouTube awhile back that Shannon filmed in 1990 at the studio during the making of UYI. In the video, Axl says “Yo, happy Christmas” to the camera and then Shannon zooms in on a little Christmas tree they had there in the control room and says “see? I told you they weren’t devil worshipers.” The Axl cameo is probably that.

I read in an site, don't recall which one , this was a radio interview.

11 hours ago, sidman69 said:

it was from the behind the music with blind melon where he's in the studio with gnr

You mean that it radio interview isn't that appear in this Shannon Hoon doc❓ i not can recall in which one site of Tribeca Festival read it.

There was a lot of buzz around this documentary this weekend at the Asbury Park Music & Film Festival.  One of the Festivals co-chairs is one of the documentary’s producers.  His band played the Stone Pony on Saturday night, and Christopher Thorn from Blind Melon sat in with the band for an hour or so, and Shannon’s daughter Nico Blue sang a song as well.  It was amazing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Muddy said:

Went and saw this last night , amazing and very personal documentary. Probably the best documentary I’ve ever seen . The clips of GNR are at the record plant recording don’t cry . Not much of the GNR guys a brief shot of slash and axl. But if you are a blind melon or Shannon Hoon fan it’s a must watch , it captures very personal stuff and ends with video of him on a phone call with his girlfriend just hours before his death . The phone call was kind of eerie , one of the last things he says is “is my family cool ?” it’s like someone from beyond death checking in . Anyway it was awesome and highly recommend watching it .

Damn shame the delivering Pizza scene didn't make it! 

5 hours ago, Muddy said:

Went and saw this last night , amazing and very personal documentary. Probably the best documentary I’ve ever seen . The clips of GNR are at the record plant recording don’t cry . Not much of the GNR guys a brief shot of slash and axl. But if you are a blind melon or Shannon Hoon fan it’s a must watch , it captures very personal stuff and ends with video of him on a phone call with his girlfriend just hours before his death . The phone call was kind of eerie , one of the last things he says is “is my family cool ?” it’s like someone from beyond death checking in . Anyway it was awesome and highly recommend watching it .

Damn, I got chills just reading your summary, very cool.

I remember Blind Melon was going to play here in Cleveland on the tour where he died, I almost was going to go-I think either the venue had a cancellation notice on the door, or it was in our local weekly magazine which always listed upcoming concerts-I can't remember which. It was so sad and shocking to see that.  The No Rain video was on MTV all the time when it blew up, probably as much if not more than the Guns videos at the time from the Illusion records, or it at least felt like it.  I was just watching the Woodstock performance of No Rain-it actually wasn't too bad-I know a lot of people hate it because apparently he was on LSD at the time, and he was getting out of control. Don't Cry would not be the same without his voice.

Edited by Ericstacey