GNR at Austin City Limits Music Festival *CONFIRMED*

EDIT: IT IS CONFIRMED!!

EDIT #2: GnR is playing on the American Express Main Stage both Fridays from 7:30-10 PM

D5aErRVWkAAxxM2.jpg:large

Word on the ACL subreddit is that Guns n’ Roses may be this years legacy act and headline the festival this year. While the official lineup comes out next Tuesday, there is reason to believe this could be true:

- For 1, the fest occurs from Oct. 4-6 and Oct. 11-13 (in the style of Coachella), coinciding with what Slash said about a small October tour

- GNR didn’t stop in Austin on ANY leg of the NITL tour, showing why C3 (the company who books the festival) may want them

- Speaking of C3, they are also in charge of Exit 111, where GNR is playing on the Sunday. Exit 111 and ACL’s second weekend overlap, making it logical that GNR will take the #1 spot at ACL and play Friday night in Austin then head to Tennessee the next day

- Also, with Metallica playing last year, it seems like the fest is trying to get some bigger rock names in the fold for future lineups

Edited by andrew032302
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Rusty69 said:

With the Tuesday announcement, would other shows be announced in between the festival appearances also Tuesday?

As much as I love these guys, I honestly only think we may only see 1 or 2 more shows either after Louder than Life or after Exit 111

Edited by andrew032302

Just saw Sid’s video. If he comes back, first, thanks for getting this topic some exposure. 

Second, there is a slight mistake in your video. Having Exit 111 and ACL overlap doesn’t make GNR a Weekend 1 exclusive. It just means Guns will headline the Friday night on Weekend 2, have Saturday off for travel, then play Exit 111 on Sunday.

8 hours ago, cineater said:

No way in hell can I figure out the lineup from those clues. :lol:  Anybody guess which image might be GNR?

None of them confirm Guns, we only got 1 headliner out of the clues. Here are all the solved clues: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9t0x946ucr5ccg3/AABSRTZm4zlQadzt9k54-SNia?dl=0&utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

22 minutes ago, andrew032302 said:

None of them confirm Guns, we only got 1 headliner out of the clues. Here are all the solved clues: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9t0x946ucr5ccg3/AABSRTZm4zlQadzt9k54-SNia?dl=0&utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

I didn't like that game. :wow:  I think this is it.  3 shows just makes "small tour" or was it "mini tour"?

Edited by cineater

Just now, Nicklord said:

What the fuck? :lol:

It's full of rock stuff. GnR, The Cure, Mumford and Sons (even if they kinda suck), Tame Impala, The Raconteurs, Gary Clark JR, Thom Yorke are all rock and that's just first 3 rows

I'm into classic hard rock. GNR are the only band that fits that bill. I'm not into the newer groups...

Just now, halfday said:

What about the Racantuers? They are fantastic!

I have heard their name before. Never heard a song by the Racanteurs.

2 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

I'm into classic hard rock. GNR are the only band that fits that bill. I'm not into the newer groups...

I have heard their name before. Never heard a song by the Racanteurs.

It’s a band fronted by Jack White. I like them better than the White Stripes to be honest. I’m 46 and love it you whipper snapper!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

If I was booking ACL, GNR would headline Friday night, Van Halen on Saturday night, and Iron Maiden would close out the festival on Sunday night.

Then I'd load the under-card with established and up and coming hard rock groups.

Considering ACL isn't necesarilly a rock festival, I feel like they would have a tough time selling tickets to the Austin hippies and sorority girls who attend the fest.

Edited by andrew032302

1 minute ago, rockphantom said:

If I was booking ACL, GNR would headline Friday night, Van Halen on Saturday night, and Iron Maiden would close out the festival on Sunday night.

Then I'd load the under-card with established and up and coming hard rock groups.

Thankfully you're not lol. Exit 111 and LTL are good rock fests, glad to see GnR playing a fest with a wider scope of artists.

Edited by Stryker
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, andrew032302 said:

Considering ACL isn't necesarilly a rock festival, I feel like they would have a tough time selling tickets to the Austin hippies who attend the fest.

Good point. I lived in Austin for 13 years and am well aware that it is a haven for hipsters.
I'm glad to be removed from that scene.

Edited by rockphantom

My opinion on the lineup is as follows: 

• Hyped we got Gambino back, these may be his last two shows so I'm glad I get to be a part of his experience.
  • Mumford is kind of a let down since they headlined in 2016 
  • Billie and Tame are very exciting gets
  • Thom Yorke came out of nowhere
  • The rap on this lineup is insane: Lil Uzi, 21 Savage, Denzel MF Curry
  • Only letdown is no Anderson. Paak, everything was in place for him to come and he didn't show up. Sorry @Gordon Comstock