GNR at Austin City Limits Music Festival *CONFIRMED*

ACL will draw more than college kids and hipsters. Austin is a big draw itself. The last concert I went to at Zilker Park was Pearl Jam in '92. Didn't like it as a venue but I'm sure they've made improvements. 

I too am hoping for a non festival show in Dallas. After all, GnR does like playing in Dallas. 🤗

42 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

As expected, GNR are the only rock band on the entire lineup.
No need for any rock fan to buy 3 day weekend tickets for ACL.

I must be old (41), because other than the Cure and Bruce Hornsby I have never heard a song from any of the other artists!! 

LAME!!!!!

https://www.aclfestival.com/lineup/

I'm 42 and to me it looks like an awesome festival, a handful of big names and lots of unknown bands I have never heard of to discover live in person - what's not to like? I wish they'd do festivals like that in Europe. ;)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I'm 42 and to me it looks like an awesome festival, a handful of big names and lots of unknown bands I have never heard of to discover live in person - what's not to like? I wish they'd do festivals like that in Europe. ;)

In that case, come on down to Texas!!:headbang:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, andrew032302 said:

Technically, it'll be 4 shows, since ACL is two weekends

Did not see 2 shows at ACL coming.  Is that common to play both weekends?

I don't see them doing shows on their own this time unless they do a club, barbeque, birthday party, something like that just for fun.  Maybe your local piano bar. :lol:

3 hours ago, rockphantom said:

As expected, GNR are the only rock band on the entire lineup.
No need for any rock fan to buy 3 day weekend tickets for ACL.

I must be old (41), because other than the Cure and Bruce Hornsby I have never heard a song from any of the other artists!! 

LAME!!!!!

https://www.aclfestival.com/lineup/

I'm 37 and I've heard of or am a fan of a bunch of the acts on the bill. Expand your horizons, dude. It isn't about age. It's more about some people being happy just listening to the music of their youth. I seek out new stuff too. Whatever makes you happy, honestly. But the lineup isn't lame.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

55 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I'm 37 and I've heard of or am a fan of a bunch of the acts on the bill. Expand your horizons, dude. It isn't about age. It's more about some people being happy just listening to the music of their youth. I seek out new stuff too. Whatever makes you happy, honestly. But the lineup isn't lame.

Yeah this is an awesome festival lineup. Billie Eilish, Kacey Musgraves, etc. Wish I could go. Definitely agree about expanding horizons.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Flake said:

Never been to Texas

Is Austin worth a trip?

Austin is the capital of Texas and UT is located there. It's a very cool city with a big music scene and a lot of things to do. October is usually nice weather.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

Austin is the capital of Texas and UT is located there. It's a very cool city with a big music scene and a lot of things to do. 

Would this be a good way to spend time there?

As Austin resident Luke Winkie wrote last year in possibly the best-ever story about Austin’s hipness for Vice, “People are very excited to see horribly self-involved white people tell puns at a bar. That’s something you do in Austin; it’s part of the scene.”

https://medium.com/@shelleyseale/austin-the-greatest-city-not-to-move-to-95960d14a2e1

Edited by Fourteenbeers

31 minutes ago, Flake said:

Never been to Texas

Is Austin worth a trip?

I just went earlier this year for the first time. Awesome city. Everything below is true:

20 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

Austin is the capital of Texas and UT is located there. It's a very cool city with a big music scene and a lot of things to do. October is usually nice weather.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I posted a few weeks ago that I thought Guns would play the Vatican before they played ACL.  I was talking about the show Austin City Limits on PBS, not the festival.  I honestly wasn't aware of the festival when I posted.  I just felt the need to clarify that.😊

You can't take it back now. Although ACL on PBS would be great too.

• Haha 1