Greta Thunberg's Groupie

Axl's Agony Aunt

20 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well I prefer Bon and I live in Geordieland. But I like Brian also. 

Evidence of good taste and balance.

Yes, Brian seems a nice chap and a good singer. I think Bon's voice just had more sharpness, and his lyrics better storytelling and humour (like Axl versus most singers). 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My latest couple of drawings have an enlightenment theme (the first is also about [my/multicultural fascism] censorship), which Axl and Duff might relate to. I remember Axl was into it way back, while Duff got into it while detoxing.

Don't know about Steven and Slash. Izzy seems to have been the most on the straight and narrow for the longest time, and in the slow lane. 

While I don't feel I can 'preach' to young people because I wasn't always on the 'straight and narrow' Greta Thunberg can, and can continue to if she keeps it up. 

It may be too 'boring' for most people, for even 'festival goers' are breaking lots of eco enlightenment rules?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Eco-nutters have been leaving these on people's cars.

EB7HXQhX4AAQOw9?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Does it not occur to them that it takes a lot more effort (not to mention resources and damage to the envoirnment) running them off to stick on peoples motors in defence of the envoirnment than it will for the owner of that 4x4 to just chuck that on the floor thereby spreading more litter and fucking the envoirnment up further? :lol:

• Like 1

All this 'for the planet' stuff is a load of sanctimonious bollocks.  We're doing it for earth, for mother earth, for the poor treeses and the soil and the...do me a favour, no you're fucking not, you're doing it for yourselves, what all this 'save the planet' shite is really about is saving ourselves, the planet ain't fuckin' goin' nowhere, it was here before we arrived and it'll be here after we're gone I expect. 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Wednesday Addams, on a boat, minus toilet, is sailing to New York as I speak. Be prepared to be patronised Americans. 

No toilet? You saying Gretas pooping in the ocean? :lol:

I'd think they would have a diy composting toilet.

2 minutes ago, soon said:

No toilet? You saying Gretas pooping in the ocean? :lol:

I'd think they would have a diy composting toilet.

Yes.

It will act like compost I suppose. Greta will be physically ''composting'' the Atlantic Ocean (or killing all the poor fish off - one way or the other). 

You could probably track her boat by following her left overs!

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

All this 'for the planet' stuff is a load of sanctimonious bollocks.  We're doing it for earth, for mother earth, for the poor treeses and the soil and the...do me a favour, no you're fucking not, you're doing it for yourselves, what all this 'save the planet' shite is really about is saving ourselves, the planet ain't fuckin' goin' nowhere, it was here before we arrived and it'll be here after we're gone I expect. 

Some people are just better than you.

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes.

It will act like compost I suppose. Greta will be physically ''composting'' the Atlantic Ocean (or killing all the poor fish off - one way or the other). 

You could probably track her boat by following her left overs!

Those racing boats go fast - imagine the exhilaration of feeling your turds dart out at 60km/hr. And then watching them shoot 1 km before hitting the water!

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Pretty sure theres only one man doing so?

Maybe. Consider it more of a general comment on all the grown men in the world who ridicule a courageous girl for fighting for our planet. Hell, it wouldn't have required so much courage if it weren't for such constant abuse from obtuse and immature men, just idealism, intelligence, dedication and the willingness to stand up for what you believe in - all of which are also admirable virtues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Maybe. Consider it more of a general comment on all the grown men in the world who ridicule a courageous girl for fighting for our planet. Hell, it wouldn't have required so much courage if it weren't for such constant abuse from obtuse and immature men, just idealism, intelligence, dedication and the willingness to stand up for what you believe in - all of which are also admirable virtues.

I gotcha. I'm an immature man who makes poop jokes and didnt want them confused with mockery. :lol: Yeah, the response to her by some is pretty curious - grown men volunteering the information that a 16 year old can get under their skin, or some even fear her power. I dont necessarily lump Dies in with the worst of it though, m'man comes across a lot more playfully than the mob.

I also like that she's raising up a generation of activist to understand the power of the general strike, which can be applied to lots of issues :headbang:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Fuck me Soulie, bit dramatic innit? :lol:  Put your tampon back in.

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuck me Soulie, bit dramatic innit? :lol:  Put your tampon back in.

What is dramatic? A scientific consensus that says we need to change our ways or else we might cause irreversible damage of unknown proportion to our ecosystems? A 15-year old girl who decided to act on this and now leads a global movement? Thousands of grown men who send her a barrage of abuse over social media, in the newspapers, and screaming it at her when they see her at rallies? It is all very dramatic, yes.

What is dramatic? A scientific consensus that says we need to change our ways or else we might cause irreversible damage of unknown proportion to our ecosystems? A 15-year old girl who decided to act on this and now leads a global movement? Thousands of grown men who send her a barrage of abuse over social media, in the newspapers, and screaming it at her when they see her at rallies? It is all very dramatic, yes.

Honestly, you ain't got better things to be getting wound up about than some tree hugger getting some stick? :lol: