Greta Thunberg's Groupie

Axl's Agony Aunt

4 hours ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Greta has raised the bar by actually living full-time to her principles. If she sticks at it, she should be a good example for the future...

It's amazing how she can do that with all the other responsibilities she must have to juggle at her age. :lol: 

• Haha 1

Well it seems to me many adults have fallen into a modern version of a millenarian cult. “The world is doomed unless we purify ourselves! Repent now, sinners!” That’s where you usually see people paying attention to child prophets.

10 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I think that the movement gets so much attention because she is saying what many adults are thinking. Why aren't we doing more? 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Flayer said:

Well it seems to me many adults have fallen into a modern version of a millenarian cult. “The world is doomed unless we purify ourselves! Repent now, sinners!” That’s where you usually see people paying attention to child prophets.

Maybe Greta is the Malachi (leader of children cult in Children of the Corn) of the Children of the Quorn I wrote of in December, 2017:

Children of the Quorn
I was veggie before it was born
Fans of Linda McCartney
I wasn’t born when she went veggie.;'

Children of the Quorn
don’t burn down the nut roast oven
Thank those who cook
and ask if they’ve read my book!

Children of the Quorn
remember on Christmas morn
there’s more to life than presents
but it can wait until after breakfast!!

https://travel25years.wordpress.com/2017/12/24/my-christmas-message-for-veggies/

well, this is what I think about the curious case of greta thunberg and her cohort

I don't it's admirable what greta is doing. while fighting for earth's well being is a nice ideal, she is achieving absolutely nothing (how could she?), and by this point I suggest she goes back to her studies and get a real job or something. Watch her expecting to get a free pass in life just because she's rambling and lecturing us about climate change. "oh, company such or so isn't granting me a job because I fought against climate change, boo hoo hoo I'm discriminated against"  

She's the perfect example of what is wrong with modern youth. Doing absolutely nothing, slacking off, preaching hollow ideals and then expecting to succeed in life.

Having no work mentality means you're gonna lose. Where are her parents, protecting her from a collossal tragedy?

When I was still a kid, all that mattered was how you managed at school, and how hard you worked. Today, youth expects as much as possible, with doing as little as possible. Being some fucking social media Queen / influencer is for losers. Put a spade in their hands I say and let them do some real work. Let them work from 8 to 13 and from 14 to 18 am, in the sun so they know they are alive. In stead of their stupid phones and drugs, let them feel the satisfaction of work. Most of modern youth hasn't worked a day in their lives. So me, who has achieved everything by hard work, who got nothing for free (unlike some of these social media numbnuts), I'll be damned if i'm going to be lectured by some attention seeking kid

Leaving from Plymouth England is a direct call back to the colonizers and settlers travelling to America. In NA indigenineity is often tied to the land, air and water. Indigenous water protectors have become more prominent in recent years in the US consciousness. I really hope that a youngster from away, who will be informed by yanks (who lack indigenous solidarity in too many cases) will have a fully formed analysis. And will be cognizant of the path she has taken. And will know who's been fighting for the planet for the longest here. It would be proper for her time here to be centred around that reality. 

• Thanks 1

On 18/08/2019 at 12:30 PM, soon said:

Leaving from Plymouth England is a direct call back to the colonizers and settlers travelling to America. In NA indigenineity is often tied to the land, air and water. Indigenous water protectors have become more prominent in recent years in the US consciousness. I really hope that a youngster from away, who will be informed by yanks (who lack indigenous solidarity in too many cases) will have a fully formed analysis. And will be cognizant of the path she has taken. And will know who's been fighting for the planet for the longest here. It would be proper for her time here to be centred around that reality. 

I think Greta is very wise for her age, and respective of indigenous people; those who treasure nature and the environment.

I haven't heard her supporting Native Americans but guess she does; those who care for the planet; and have heard her criticising President Trump. 

• Like 1

Bitcoiny's latest artwork was inspired by Fleetwood Mac performing Man of the World for the first time in 50 years

I heard the Mac story on Planet Rock: https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/watch-fleetwood-mac-perform-man-of-the-world-live-for-the-first-time-in-50-years/?fbclid=IwAR0pfJ3XlD4ZDu4Q1Dop--JRoDZS5Yl7Tf0uCLbtm3KXiPQfwxlZZdlUs2o

Edited by Axl's Agony Aunt
text color

10 minutes ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

I think Greta is very wise for her age, and respective of indigenous people; those who treasure nature and the environment.

I haven't heard her supporting Native Americans but guess she does; those who care for the planet; and have heard her criticising President Trump. 

I agree, she is very wise as you say and also well informed. And as a Swede she knows Sami folks, no doubt. I think this trip is gonna be baller! :headbang:

I certainly wouldn't hold Greta accountable for any lack of knowledge about the Indigenous people of NA/Turtle Island. Many adult Yanks aren't really always up to speed either, though. Even some adult Canadians aren't informed sometimes. I guess I mean that imho theres at least some level of responsibility on the part of her hosts to familiarize Greta with the terrain. I don't know - maybe her hosts are indigenous people to begin with?

Anyways, I do trust that her trip will be done in a good way. Should be epic!

14 hours ago, soon said:

I agree, she is very wise as you say and also well informed. And as a Swede she knows Sami folks, no doubt. I think this trip is gonna be baller! :headbang:

I certainly wouldn't hold Greta accountable for any lack of knowledge about the Indigenous people of NA/Turtle Island. Many adult Yanks aren't really always up to speed either, though. Even some adult Canadians aren't informed sometimes. I guess I mean that imho theres at least some level of responsibility on the part of her hosts to familiarize Greta with the terrain. I don't know - maybe her hosts are indigenous people to begin with?

Anyways, I do trust that her trip will be done in a good way. Should be epic!

That's because of the hold Middle-East monotheism has on the world. Their prophets couldn't even tell what was going on in the Americas then; or in the past; let alone in the future; the great shamen, nature, civilisations and buildings running parallel to the Hittites, Sumerians, Egyptians, Hebrews, Greeks and Romans. Same with the Far East. 

Story on MSN today about new Peru find from 3,800 years ago; a long time before Judaism, Christianity and Islam formed: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/3800-year-old-mural-found-in-northern-peru/ar-AAG3Mjv?ocid=spartanntp

4 minutes ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

That's because of the hold Middle-East monotheism has on the world. Their prophets couldn't even tell what was going on in the Americas then; or in the past; let alone in the future; the great shamen, nature, civilisations and buildings running parallel to the Hittites, Sumerians, Egyptians, Hebrews, Greeks and Romans. Same with the Far East. 

Story on MSN today about new Peru find from 3,800 years ago; a long time before Judaism, Christianity and Islam formed: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/3800-year-old-mural-found-in-northern-peru/ar-AAG3Mjv?ocid=spartanntp

Certainly since Constantines alleged conversion we can see that the powerful have preferred monotheism. For Constantine it would unite his forces under one crisp banner - and at home to try to shore up a fraying empire. In Feudalism the idea of one god watching you and taking notes for judgement was useful to control such a disordered time. And in Industrial Capitalism the idea of a streamlined god fits in both industrial sensibility and the capitalists desire to easily know and therefore manipulate the workers. Not to mention holidays/Holy Days. In all these eras the patriarchal notions also prefer one single god - mirroring man as an island - that is androcentric in name and description. In late stage capitalism a monolithic anything fits the bill as the business was made flesh (the corporation).

And yes that hegemony continues to favour those walking in its purpose while denying any others. This is reflected in the large scale alienation of indigineity. 

on prophecy:

Spoiler

I guess regarding prophesy one would really have to demonstrate what the role and purpose of the prophets were. Jeremiah did some fantastic work in his place and time and it had nothing to do with Turtle Island. Not sure that throwing in a shout out to the Plains Cree would have mattered at all?

And within christianity, which you mention its prophets, there arent really like canonized prophets as such (there are passing mentions of prophetess' you might be interested to know) but there is some bits of prophecy. Mary's Song came true - and continues to come true. And then theres Jesus' revelation, which one could call prophecy. And the revelation is everything we see playing out in Late Stage Capitalism where everything is commodified and the human experience is replaced with the spectacle of itself. That all of gods gifts and provisions of air, food and water are entirely controlled by maniacs who would happily watch people starve in the name of profit. An ecocidal war machine that fights among itself for profit leaving broken human bodies as mere collateral in its march towards extinction. So its both accurate and also very much in line with the teachings of Indigenous land and water protectors. I suppose this is why some people are "two bundle" meaning they practice traditional ways and know Christ.

Late stage capitalism has one main enemy - people who remain connected to air, water, land and culture. This includes a great many indigenous people the world over. And late stage capitalism is also antithetical to christianity. So we high five and fight the powers that be together!

What a fascinating mural! Celebrating the arrival of water. Cool!

• GNFNR 1

40 minutes ago, soon said:

Certainly since Constantines alleged conversion we can see that the powerful have preferred monotheism. For Constantine it would unite his forces under one crisp banner - and at home to try to shore up a fraying empire. In Feudalism the idea of one god watching you and taking notes for judgement was useful to control such a disordered time. And in Industrial Capitalism the idea of a streamlined god fits in both industrial sensibility and the capitalists desire to easily know and therefore manipulate the workers. Not to mention holidays/Holy Days. In all these eras the patriarchal notions also prefer one single god - mirroring man as an island - that is androcentric in name and description. In late stage capitalism a monolithic anything fits the bill as the business was made flesh (the corporation).

And yes that hegemony continues to favour those walking in its purpose while denying any others. This is reflected in the large scale alienation of indigineity. 

on prophecy:

Reveal hidden contents

I guess regarding prophesy one would really have to demonstrate what the role and purpose of the prophets were. Jeremiah did some fantastic work in his place and time and it had nothing to do with Turtle Island. Not sure that throwing in a shout out to the Plains Cree would have mattered at all?

And within christianity, which you mention its prophets, there arent really like canonized prophets as such (there are passing mentions of prophetess' you might be interested to know) but there is some bits of prophecy. Mary's Song came true - and continues to come true. And then theres Jesus' revelation, which one could call prophecy. And the revelation is everything we see playing out in Late Stage Capitalism where everything is commodified and the human experience is replaced with the spectacle of itself. That all of gods gifts and provisions of air, food and water are entirely controlled by maniacs who would happily watch people starve in the name of profit. An ecocidal war machine that fights among itself for profit leaving broken human bodies as mere collateral in its march towards extinction. So its both accurate and also very much in line with the teachings of Indigenous land and water protectors. I suppose this is why some people are "two bundle" meaning they practice traditional ways and know Christ.

Late stage capitalism has one main enemy - people who remain connected to air, water, land and culture. This includes a great many indigenous people the world over. And late stage capitalism is also antithetical to christianity. So we high five and fight the powers that be together!

What a fascinating mural! Celebrating the arrival of water. Cool!

Water is the most precious commodity to humanity, and bottled water one of the biggest scams; although useful at times, but only if you've run out of tap water in a refilled bottle from home and really need it, or are in a race!

• GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Water is the most precious commodity to humanity, and bottled water one of the biggest scams; although useful at times, but only if you've run out of tap water in a refilled bottle from home and really need it, or are in a race!

I agree wholeheartedly. I guess the way I use language I would say 'water is the most precious gift/right to humanity' because water has been "commodified" in plastic bottles. But yeah, water is so precious. And insult to injury, plastic - like that of water bottles - is of course contaminating the water!!

Not sure if anyone outside of Canada would have heard of Maude Barlow - she's a water activists and author? She's awesome. Blue Gold is a book she coauthored early days in water privatization, you might enjoy it. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/382177.Blue_Gold

I never thought about how ubiquitous plastic cups and bottles are in a race. That is a trickier one. Have things generally moved on to biodegradable options like those corn "plastics" that pretty much look the same as conventional plastic? Any races coming up of you?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, soon said:

I agree wholeheartedly. I guess the way I use language I would say 'water is the most precious gift/right to humanity' because water has been "commodified" in plastic bottles. But yeah, water is so precious. And insult to injury, plastic - like that of water bottles - is of course contaminating the water!!

Not sure if anyone outside of Canada would have heard of Maude Barlow - she's a water activists and author? She's awesome. Blue Gold is a book she coauthored early days in water privatization, you might enjoy it. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/382177.Blue_Gold

I never thought about how ubiquitous plastic cups and bottles are in a race. That is a trickier one. Have things generally moved on to biodegradable options like those corn "plastics" that pretty much look the same as conventional plastic? Any races coming up of you?

Sounds a good book, I'll keep in mind.

I did my last race in 2016 and plastic was ubiquitous then, but looks like they are onto it now: https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/first-plastic-free-sport-events-waste-sustainable-triathlon-swimming-surfers-against-sewage-a8279521.html

• GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Sheesh, this article is frankly incredibly embarrassing. Surprised you posted something this low brow.

While Im sure you read Conservative Women mostly for the Priti speads, as one should, its absolutely hysterical to me that this article in Conservative Women was written by this man:

"Michael St George. Michael St George is a freelance writer arguing for minimal-state, low-tax, free-markets minarchist-libertarianism. He tweets as @A_Liberty_Rebel."

The entire body of this article screams: "we are out of climate change denial arguments so lets try to harp on this child!" And just as with climate change denial itself, this was also a complete and utter failure.

They only yammer on long enough to make two ridiculous accusations. 

1 - 'The yacht is made of carbon.' This argument clearly deserves no rebuttal. :lol:

2- 'whys there a wake behind the boat? There must be a motor boat chase boat?!' The wake is directly behind the sail boat. Its a racing sail boat and cuts some wake, but mostly to answer the juvenile question of whats causes wakes - wind, currents, moon, depth, pressure systems, and again a fucking racing boat. Those things make wakes. And then - and this is my favourite - the suggest that a red object in corner frame is causing the wake when the red thing appears to be behind the wake. :lol: The wake which is directly behind the sail boat. So even if there is a chase boat for the safety of a child in theory- which would be way lower emission than a plane - its not causing the wake. And any potential motor boat on hand could also be pulled behind the sail boat, not running, for use in an emergency. Like, why am I even wasting my time discussing this? :lol:

In closing this article is a dumpster fire.