Greta Thunberg's Groupie

Axl's Agony Aunt

• 1 month later...

I am listening to the new Neil Young, Colorado, and it should be dubbed ''Soon the Album'' haha, 

I saw old white guys trying to kill mother nature

Have to shut the whole system down
People tryin' to save this earth
From an ugly death
People tryin' to live, working
In a world of meat factories

All around the planet
There's a blindness that just can't see
They're all wearing climate change
As cool as they can be

That's the only way we can all be free
Start again and build it for eternity

What about the animals?
What about the birds and bees?
What about the bookshelves?
What about the history?

Shut it down, shut it down
Shut it down, shut it down

When I look at the future
I see hope for you and me
Working, working for eternity
Work it now

When I look at the future
I see hope for you and me
Working for eternity

if greta had 100 % her way, this is what the world would look like today. no more airplanes, traveling limited to a minimum, shops closing, restaurants closing, a drastic decrease in consuming.

that is, what needed to be done in order to achieve her "dream" (that's what it was); a dream.

We now see, the result of her dream scenario. The environment and the climate will benefit, as she wished. but the other side of the coin, what we have always warned for, is now being put in practise.

Am I happy now? not at all. I always said, there is nothing mankind can do to turn the tide. A perfect world is impossible to achieve. To give something, is to take something away. Every action, has a reaction.

I think Greta will learn a lot the coming weeks / months (and so will her followers)

21 minutes ago, action said:

if greta had 100 % her way, this is what the world would look like today. no more airplanes, traveling limited to a minimum, shops closing, restaurants closing, a drastic decrease in consuming.

I don't think that is true at all. You are creating a straw man to fight. 

52 minutes ago, action said:

:jerkoff:

2 hours ago, action said:

that is, what needed to be done in order to achieve her "dream" (that's what it was); a dream.

We now see, the result of her dream scenario. The environment and the climate will benefit, as she wished. but the other side of the coin, what we have always warned for, is now being put in practise.

Am I happy now? not at all. I always said, there is nothing mankind can do to turn the tide. A perfect world is impossible to achieve. To give something, is to take something away. Every action, has a reaction.

I think Greta will learn a lot the coming weeks / months (and so will her followers)

Indeed, and here is the evidence,

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/mar/23/coronavirus-pandemic-leading-to-huge-drop-in-air-pollution

https://sifted.eu/articles/pollution-maps-coronavirus/

China for instance,

_111089478_china_trop_2020056.png

Edited by DieselDaisy

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

it is as simple as "bonjour" (as they say in belgium).

want to change the climate? drastically reduce carbon emissions. How to drastically reduce carbon emissions? See the measures taken during the corona crisis.

I don't see how you can achieve the same effect, without hugely impacting the economy and people's lives.

You can not achieve your goals without sacrifices, without effort. "Effort", is a word that , in our "at your service" society, is sadly missing in many youngster's vocabulary.

Greta doesnt have "her way." She simply amplifies the facts presented by climate science. She also seeks to act in her own life on those facts, just like any other sane and decent person.

Adults are invited to go directly to that science and leave the teens to their own scene. Which, in addition to just making sense to do so is also far less creepy then needlessly obsessing over a teenaged girl.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are a great team, @actionand @DieselDaisy. action makes a ludicrously exaggeration of Greta's position and Diesel follows up "proving" this absurdity. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You are a great team, @actionand @DieselDaisy. action makes a ludicrously exaggeration of Greta's position and Diesel follows up "proving" this absurdity. 

I have little interest in what ''Greta's position'' is. I am merely pointing out that the reduction in pollution levels, an aim of environmentalists, has been achieved indirectly, by coronavirus nonetheless instigating transport reductions. 

• 2 months later...

https://sverigesradio.se/avsnitt/1535269

Greta Thunberg: Humanity has not yet failed

75 min
Climate activist Greta Thunberg urges world leaders to do more. ”Doing our best is no longer good enough. We must now do the seemingly impossible,” Thunberg says in the Swedish Radio show “Summer on P1” where she takes us along her trip to the front lines of the climate crisis.
Edited by Izzy77
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yip. It is astonishing the grip alter Adolf has on political discourse. Here we are in 2020 and his name and political party are thrown around like confetti.

Come on man, you’re the one that has a go at Soul for taking shit literally, surely you get whats being said when someone gets called a Hitler.