Jump to content
Gibbo

Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

New material being recorded at Axl’s house this weekend? With slash’s amp? Say what?

whatever happened to slash saying that “nothing has started yet” and that they'd only start talking about a new album after the mini tour in October?

Edited by rocknroll41

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chinese whispers :lol:

Great to hear that something might be going on even if it's a third hand source. If this is true I'd be surprised if it wasn't a deliberate slip, it fits with the viral marketing model the band prefer these days (and of course can be plausibly denied if need be too).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Chinese whispers :lol:

Great to hear that something might be going on even if it's a third hand source. If this is true I'd be surprised if it wasn't a deliberate slip, it fits with the viral marketing model the band prefer these days (and of course can be plausibly denied if need be too).

Yeah if it doesn’t work out they’ll just throw caram under the bus and say he didn’t know what he was taking about. XD

in all seriousness, I guess slash was bullshitting about not starting yet just to throw people off the sent.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is definitely something going on. If slash is already recording or about to record parts, my opinion is this will move along quickly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its happeningggggg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A weird post when you think about it....there's a lot of information being given in a (seemingly) innocuous post from a company. Has to be deliberate. You'd imagine they might say "cool to be working on Slash's amp" or something, but to say all that about recording - must be a conscious thing. 

I'd say this is the first rumour we've had in years that's worth paying any attention to, regarding new music. 

1 minute ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Is Slash in USA right now??? I know he is about to begin the latin America leg.

PLEASE GOD, LET THIS BE REAL

May 3rd he starts in Mexico....so yeah. He could well be there this weekend, and leave next wednesday/thursday ish. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jephro Rucastle said:

The third photo, the one showing the chassis removed, also shows a price tag from Guitar Center. Kinda took the wind out of my sails.

Oh shit yeah......that amp has definitely got a price sticker on it and says "vintage 1980s" 

Are they trolling?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Oh shit yeah......that amp has definitely got a price sticker on it and says "vintage 1980s" 

Are they trolling?! 

He likely purchased as many as he could before the re issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gunsguy said:

He likely purchased as many as he could before the re issue

Would that sticker be on Slash's amp though? Seems a bit weird? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gunsguy said:

He likely purchased as many as he could before the re issue

that was the right thing to do... the reissue doesn't sound like the original

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Would that sticker be on Slash's amp though? Seems a bit weird? 

It's likely they leave it as is when they work on it so yes, it could stay there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gunsguy said:

It's likely they leave it as is when they work on it so yes, it could stay there.  

Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear! I know little about amps etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×