Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

17 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Why would Slash be getting work done on some old Jubes when he's more than likely got a tonne of old hot rodded Marshalls kicking around ready to go?

He may have/use multiple amps for the session and this amp maybe the only one that needed something doing to it and is therefore the only one mentioned in the post, the people who repair the amp aren't gonna know any details about what other amps he is gonna use (obviously) so they won't post about it, so we only heard about one amp when there will likely be multiple 

Edited by ; D

13 hours ago, soon said:

Someone should follow the Arnies Pizza deliver person around on Saturday and when its inevitably time to deliver to Axls place give the delivery person a gentle sleeper hold and deliver the pizza. Then when the person answers the door... you guessed it: gentle sleeper hold. :lol: Deliver the pizza directly to the studio. Record audio! :slash:

Reveal hidden contents

If Frank is on drums....

Reveal hidden contents

gentle sleeper hold :lol:

you mean the chinese food delivery guy, right?  lol

just to keep things real that chinese food is coming the day before Slash arrives.  stay true to chinese left overs in every aspect!

in all honestly I just want to hear Slash and Axl on an original song.  Been 28 yrs since we got to look forward to that (not counting Anxious Disease which they didnt write) its long over due.  so Chinese leftovers or brand new stuff is fine with me.  cant wait to hear it. 

Edited by Chester 524
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Why would Slash be getting work done on some old Jubes when he's more than likely got a tonne of old hot rodded Marshalls kicking around ready to go?

So that he can get his classic sound on whatever he is allegedly doing tomorrow(LA time) maybe ? BTW your avatar pic is creepy as fuck. 

I don't really get why people wouldn't want CD-era songs with Slash... Slash is at his best when Axl pushes him out of his comfort zone. November Rain and Estranged are his best songs. The outro to Locomotive is piano-based. CD-era songs are so much more appealing than new riffs from Slash, honestly I'm sure he's got some aces up his sleeve (or in his top-hat) but CD was more interesting than any of Slash's albums, and the "Axl songs" are the best songs on UYI.

I hope they keep the odd Buckethead lick here and there, though.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

17 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Fair, but the prospect of Axl's piano or orchestra-based tracks, without [most] CD-era members, with Slash and Duff, seems like it'd be appealing to almost every GNR fan. Their track record on those types of songs is stellar.

No doubt there potential for a good "EPIC" track... Though all the songs CD fans talk about from that album are painful for me to listen too.  Aside from The Blues actually. Although the early live versions were much better than the one on CD.  Either way I think most Guns and casual fans aren't looking for an album full of self indulgent ballads.  One or two GOOD ones would be cool. 

*Just listened to the CD version of Street Of Dreams... Would have been much better without the "Orchestra"..  So not needed.. That shredding solo doesn't fit the song at all either...  No wonder no one talks about it.. Axl sounded good though..

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Either way I think most Guns and casual fans aren't looking for an album full of self indulgent ballads.

Don't worry, you'll also get The Seeker! :lol:

But I get what you mean. I wouldn't mind an album full of songs like Prostitute or Catcher In The Rye, maybe something 'weird' like If The World, but I'm in the minority on that one... I'm sure there will be some 'traditional rockers' too though.

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I doubt Slash and Duff have the balls to offer any constructive criticism.. This reunion is all about appeasing Axl.. As long as they make their loot, they are good. 

In all fairness to Duff and Slash,  I don't think I would broach that if I was in their position. It would be like criticizing an actor for making a choice on how a character should be played.  Plus,  if I was Axl that would piss me off.

• Like 1

I can see it now; people already camping outside of Axl's house/studio waiting for Slash to arrive and to hear some material being recorded, leading to the cops being called to get rid of everyone loitering but it takes too long and Axl comes outside to greet the fans:

Well!  Thanks to the lame-ass security, I'm going home!

and Axl proceeds to step back inside and close the curtains.  Slash is never seen.  :lol:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, vloors said:

Hilarious the people that think they will leave buckets/robins/bumbles/ashbas parts on any new release.

Whatever they use will be redone with the current lineup. 

Do you think Fortus will re-record any of the shreddy technical Buckethead stuff, or will Axl keep Buckethead on the songs and Fortus will just play it live?

Robin/Ron/Paul/DJ will be gone though.

I love the thought of new music from the gunners, but the thought of Slash going in to play on stuff Axl already has sounds rather lame to me... don't get me wrong, I'm sure it will be great, but it doesn't sound much like the way many great albums have been made... 

I mean, really, in the grand scope of rock epicness a real band puts their ideas together, writes their licks/songs/ditties and then jams on it with the band, irons it out, alters parts, and then gets the song ready to record... it should be a thing that's done together imo...

Like they did for appetite, for instance in the recordings of rocket queen where you can here the development of the outro/coda...

I know that it didn't happen so much like that for the uyi album, but it would make for something with coherence, direction and power.

If we find out that the lot of them are in a room laying it all out I'll be stoked. I'd love to hear 4tus in my left ear, slash in my right and frank/axl/duff melting the middle of it all, rather than a mess of overdubs...

I still have faith that it'll go down like that

Edited by Shaolin Punk
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Shaolin Punk said:

I love the thought of new music from the gunners, but the thought of Slash going in to play on stuff Axl already has sounds rather lame to me... don't get me wrong, I'm sure it will be great, but it doesn't sound much like the way many great albums have been made... 

I mean, really, in the grand scope of rock epicness a real band puts their ideas together, writes their licks/songs/ditties and then jams on it with the band, irons it out, alters parts, and then gets the song ready to record... it should be a thing that's done together imo...

Like they did for appetite, for instance in the recordings of rocket queen where you can here the development of the outro/coda...

I know that it didn't happen so much like that for the uyi album, but it would make for something with coherence, direction and power.

If we find out that the lot of them are in a room laying it all out I'll be stoked. I'd love to hear 4tus in my left ear, slash in my right and frank/axl/duff melting the middle of it all, rather than a mess of overdubs...

I still have faith that it'll go down like that

That's always been Slash's preferred method of recording, so I think there's a good chance it'll happen like that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't really get why people wouldn't want CD-era songs with Slash... Slash is at his best when Axl pushes him out of his comfort zone. November Rain and Estranged are his best songs. The outro to Locomotive is piano-based. CD-era songs are so much more appealing than new riffs from Slash, honestly I'm sure he's got some aces up his sleeve (or in his top-hat) but CD was more interesting than any of Slash's albums, and the "Axl songs" are the best songs on UYI.

I hope they keep the odd Buckethead lick here and there, though.

I don't agree with any of this. Such is subjectivity.

• Like 1