Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

My GN'R dream is a 20th or 15th or whatever anniversary of Chinese Democracy, released as a "double" album with all tracks as that were completed in 2008, boxed with all alt artwork and also the remix album of the same name, b sides or discarded songs that were completed, and also the 1999/2000 version of CD, and 2004 (or so) version (with Bucket and Brain)

How cool would that be? I'd pay good money for that, even if it was a digital download only.

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

The thought that anyone who isn't Slash or Fortus would have guitar parts on new music is just laughable. I can't believe anyone would actually think that.

Do you think Slash would actually be ok with that?

True, this would be as musical patchwork, is senseless.

• Like 1

Are people smoking some of that wacky stuff or living on a different planet??? No offense to those who want NU-GNR members on a new GNR album. However, do you really think that Slash would only want to be on 3-4 songs since he's back in GNR? No. Fortus  and Frank are the only two members of that era of GNR who will be on a new GNR album or song. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Are people smoking some of that wacky stuff or living on a different planet??? No offense to those who want NU-GNR members on a new GNR album. However, do you really think that Slash would only want to be on 3-4 songs since he's back in GNR? No. Fortus  and Frank are the only two members of that era of GNR who will be on a new GNR album or song. 

Yup

4 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I highly doubt that'll be the case. Angus is 64 and he can still play the fuck out of his songs, Joe Perry is 68 and can still handle the fast paced Aerosmith songs. Also, most of Slash's solos are hammer ons and pull-offs, so they sound fast but they're not really that fast. 

Yeah, I see older guys ripping it up all the time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

The thought that anyone who isn't Slash or Fortus would have guitar parts on new music is just laughable. I can't believe anyone would actually think that.

Do you think Slash would actually be ok with that?

who knows these days

39 minutes ago, vloors said:

Slashs and 4tus tones, riffs and solos will be wanted for every song otherwise it will be panned again and not a representation of the current band. 

This is the 'obvious' way to look at it, but being a GNR fan has made me cynical. :lol:

Technically, the current band is Axl, Slash and Duff. At this point, if they were to release an album, I wouldn't be surprised if it featured guitar parts from both Buckethead and Izzy, and Fortus just played those parts live. That's how much of a circus this band is, lol. I think Fortus will be a noticeable presence in his own right on any future release, but I don't know if Axl would completely scrap the other CD-era guitar tracks.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

1 hour ago, vloors said:

Would be commercial suicide not utilising slash in the band and releasing some old new metal/20 year old out dated bucket music to appease a few chinese fans rather than the majority who want a slash rocker on every song.

No offence to those who like chinese but it was regarded a flop and axl or the label will not want another flop as a follow-up. Bucket and the musical direction of that album is not going to happen again. 

Slashs and 4tus tones, riffs and solos will be wanted for every song otherwise it will be panned again and not a representation of the current band. 

I want to hear the chinese takeout, but I agree. Axl missed his window with thst material. The ship sailed. I think leaks or a box set with the current lineup making new material would have made rhe most sense. Psycho Circus bombed for Kiss

However, Axl is Axl so anything goes. J dont even care at this point, he should Just put something out

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I want to hear the chinese takeout, but I agree. Axl missed his window with thst material. The ship sailed. I think leaks or a box set with the current lineup making new material would have made rhe most sense. Psycho Circus bombed for Kiss

However, Axl is Axl so anything goes. J dont even care at this point, he should Just put something out

I wouldnt be using psycho circus as a yardstick on whether anything new with guns would be a success.

GNR is much bigger than the current version of kiss. If a new single from GNR is strong and maybe used as part of a film just like they did with YCBM,  fingers crossed it creates a shitload of hype. Hoping UMG promote the fuck out of it to.

12 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

We have confirmation that Slash it at Axl's for recording.

Edit: was.

Surprised that slash didn’t update his social media. 

Going to axls house would be like going to that friends house with the sign that says “please remove your shoes” except at axls it’s like “please sign this confidentiality agreement”

Edited by megaguns1982
  • Haha 1

I think it would be a good idea for them to release a double album. Another 24 songs or so would give them a big enough catalogue of songs to tour for the rest of they’re days as a band  and never need to worry about going into a studio again. 

If they are going to re-record some CD2 songs then hopefully they use some of the songs from the 96 sessions as well then give us 12 newly written songs. 

As far as the re-recordings go there’s no way it’s going to be any other guitarists apart from Slash and Fortus on an album. It would be Paul Huge all over again and I don’t see Slash partly doing lead guitar. 

27 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

I think it would be a good idea for them to release a double album. Another 24 songs or so would give them a big enough catalogue of songs to tour for the rest of they’re days as a band  and never need to worry about going into a studio again. 

If they are going to re-record some CD2 songs then hopefully they use some of the songs from the 96 sessions as well then give us 12 newly written songs. 

As far as the re-recordings go there’s no way it’s going to be any other guitarists apart from Slash and Fortus on an album. It would be Paul Huge all over again and I don’t see Slash partly doing lead guitar. 

I reckon at best we will get 12 songs all chopped up from the CD sessions with slash and duff on it.

nobody seems to realise that Axl is 100% in control of this. He is going to do it his way... if he thinks a buckethead riff or solo works on a particular song, he may let slash try to play it but if he don’t like it, he will keep the bucket guitar part.  I know I would...  it may not be right but it is what it is.   

I think it’s laughable that people think axl gives a fuck about what the fans want, ..... yeah they want slash on new music.  He doesn’t care. 

slash and duff not in gnr  = not making millions

slash and duff in gnr = making millions

axl seems to be a smart guy who played his cards right early in their career, what with securing the name and whatnot. I’d guarantee he knows that having slash on board is a money maker and that is the reason alone why slash is back. but I doubt he’ll put his “artistic credibility” on the line to please the fans

Edited by megaguns1982
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

I reckon at best we will get 12 songs all chopped up from the CD sessions with slash and duff on it.

nobody seems to realise that Axl is 100% in control of this. He is going to do it his way... if he thinks a buckethead riff or solo works on a particular song, he may let slash try to play it but if he don’t like it, he will keep the bucket guitar part.  I know I would...  it may not be right but it is what it is.   

I think it’s laughable that people think axl gives a fuck about what the fans want, ..... yeah they want slash on new music.  He doesn’t care. 

slash and duff not in gnr  = not making millions

slash and duff in gnr = making millions

axl seems to be a smart guy who played his cards right early in their career, what with securing the name and whatnot. I’d guarantee he knows that having slash on board is a money maker and that is the reason alone why slash is back. but I doubt he’ll put his “artistic credibility” on the line to please the fans

Lol

Slash and Duff in GNR = Axl making millions 

Slash and Duff not in GNR = Axl not making millions

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Lol

Slash and Duff in GNR = Axl making millions 

Slash and Duff not in GNR = Axl not making millions

Am I wrong or something?

19 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Really? Wow, I think I missed this or I forgot. Do we have any pics?

I think it was on a set list pic ages ago.... they’ll never play it

Here's hoping a new album will contain a 'super-lineup' - you can't deny how cool it would be to hear past and present members all on the same album together, it would be an absolute beast.

I've always said how great it would be if Axl edited together a guitar battle between Bucket and Slash.

Axl can even use some of Izzy's guitar parts from the Down By The Ocean etc demos.

• Like 1