Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

6 hours ago, ceres said:

They had plenty of time to knock out an EP this wknd.  I’m sure they’ll put the rush on it to release by Memorial Day. Can’t wait!  :awesomeface:

If Slash just had to re-record leads on the Chinese Leftovers, then they certainly had time to knock out a whole LP. 

Who knows what they were working on, but I'll take just about anything except a live album. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If Slash just had to re-record leads on the Chinese Leftovers, then they certainly had time to knock out a whole LP. 

Who knows what they were working on, but I'll take just about anything except a live album. 

I want a live video album. But I want in addition to “new” material. Call me selfish, but that’s what happens when you make me wait 10 years between releases. 

As much as I enjoyed every single show I attended on NITL, it's fair to admit that Axl's voice wouldn't stand a live album, unless every voice track is fully re-recorded.
Considering this, I'd rather him use this time and his rested voice on new material.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nalbi said:

As much as I enjoyed every single show I attended on NITL, it's fair to admit that Axl's voice wouldn't stand a live album, unless every voice track is fully re-recorded.
Considering this, I'd rather him use this time and his rested voice on new material.

Nah, if they make a best-of and choose 2016 vocals on the difficult songs, you get a live album that has better vocals than the 2012 Vegas BluRay.

Estranged from one of the 2016 Mexico shows, November Rain from the 2017 Japan shows, YCBM Houston, Rocket Queen houston, Live and Let Die pick one of the early performances because of the long ass screams, etc.

There were some really amazing performances of Axl, all together would make a really really great BluRay. Even SCOM sounded good on some shows (dont remember wich ones, but he sounded good even with his clean voice).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nalbi said:

Yup.. If they release a live album, just give us something from the classic era. Such a shame the fans hardly have anything tangible from that era. 

• Like 2

On 4/28/2019 at 3:23 PM, Jordan Rose said:

If e.g. Twat was an unreleased, finished song then it would really deserve to be left as is. If it were a Catcher or SoD or IRS, let Slash and Duff have at it but a masterpiece is a masterpiece. 

There are a number of "big guns" like TWAT from what some people call CD2 that we will likely hear as they were before the old guns came back onboard.