Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think one song is a good idea.. Something with balls and attitude... They should have released one song to promote the NITL tour  3 years ago.  This is Rock n 'f'n Roll not rocket science...

Fuck this one song talk. Go large or go home. Album or gtfo.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Guaranteed if that song was for Terminator it’ll likely be in the trailer which has got to be coming out soon

Actual music from a movie soundtrack is rarely in the trailer. Obviously things like avengers and star wars where the score is recognizable are an exception. For Terminator the trailer might have the score if it is reused but probably not an original song.

Unless...it is a re-recording of YCBM with "clean" vocals.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, sc_gunner said:

LOW QUALITY?!?!  Obviously you have never had an Arby's beef and cheddar! default_laugh.png

Everything except for the beef and cheddar is low quality :lol:

I haven't been to Arby's in about 5 years though, maybe I should try it again 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

GnR needs to stay away from the new Terminator movie. The franchise has been dead for years. Find another vehicle to attach a song to please.

Are there any legit rumors about this or just fan speculation because they had a tune in T2? That movie is coming out November 1st, I would think the song would've had to have been done by now if it's going to be used in the movie. I agree that the last handful of movies pretty much killed the franchise but this one may do pretty well with Cameron being involved and Hamilton coming back. 

Franchise dead blah blah blah.

Grunge killed GnR blah blah blah.

Listen. Quality speaks for itself. Another album like AFD or UYI would get popular whatever the circumstances. 

Having said that, such an album is very unlikely as far as I am concerned.

14 minutes ago, tbaugerud said:

Franchise dead blah blah blah.

Grunge killed GnR blah blah blah.

Listen. Quality speaks for itself. Another album like AFD or UYI would get popular whatever the circumstances. 

Having said that, such an album is very unlikely as far as I am concerned.

I understand what you're saying but I don't think they should try to replicate AFD or UYI.  Just go in with what they've got and let it rip, try not to overthink it.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Are there any legit rumors about this or just fan speculation because they had a tune in T2? That movie is coming out November 1st, I would think the song would've had to have been done by now if it's going to be used in the movie. I agree that the last handful of movies pretty much killed the franchise but this one may do pretty well with Cameron being involved and Hamilton coming back. 

All fan speculation as far as I know. 

People keep mentioning the upcoming Terminator film.  Whether you think or not that the franchise is in the toilet (and IMO it is), how likely it is, 

that they would put Guns n' Roses music in a soundtrack of a film they market like this? 

terminator6-640x427.jpg

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

People keep mentioning the upcoming Terminator film.  Whether you think or not that the franchise is in the toilet (and IMO it is), how likely it is, 

that they would put Guns n' Roses music in a soundtrack of a film they market like this? 

terminator6-640x427.jpg

No way they actually marketed this photo

Edit: wow they actually did, well that’s it I’m jumping ship on the new terminator 

Edited by Gimpy Hewitt

41 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

terminator6-640x427.jpg

Oh, so it's gonna be that kind of a movie. And I was trying to reason myself into thinking a song for a Terminator film isn't such a bad idea. 

4 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

terminator6-640x427.jpg

I mentioned it as a guess - not even super serious. But James Cameron is directing and writing, so that does make a big difference - like all the movies after T2 don’t exist.

I do, however, believe Slash stopped by to wrap up a single and the festivals will be a test. Maybe capture footage for a video. Then maaaaaaaybe new Terminator spot.

22 minutes ago, ferma said:

I mentioned it as a guess - not even super serious. But James Cameron is directing and writing, so that does make a big difference - like all the movies after T2 don’t exist.

I do, however, believe Slash stopped by to wrap up a single and the festivals will be a test. Maybe capture footage for a video. Then maaaaaaaybe new Terminator spot.

Narr James Cameron is over sighting it. The director/writer Tim Miller from the dead pool movies is doing it.

Edited by vloors

1 minute ago, GoBucky said:

Yep, I believe Cameron is co-producing and helped write the story

Yes he did.

They are dumping all the trash movies and this is actually Terminator 3 a direct sequel to T2. Yeah there already was a T3 but they are ignoring it.

9 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

GnR needs to stay away from the new Terminator movie. The franchise has been dead for years. Find another vehicle to attach a song to please.

the spinoffs they did diluted how good T1 and T2 were. Even Arnie was never a fan of the spinoffs that were made as part of the franchise. So with the new terminator movie they are basically going off the extension of T2.