Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Dave Grohl is so overrated... he has the right attitude, but that's it. 

Agreed. He seems like a super cool and talented dude but his music couldn't be anymore generic, bland and boring.. Whenever I see Foo Fighters do covers they seem to kick ass though. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Sosso said:

Dave Grohl is so overrated... he has the right attitude, but that's it. 

Foo Fighters ain't no better than Nickelback. If their lead singer would not have been in a band with Kurt Cobain, no one would give a shit and rightly so. Decent drummer though and seems to be a nice person. But as a singer/songwriter I just can't take the guy seriously, too bland, too mediocre, too "likeable", no edge.

• GNFNR 1

I'd take Foo Fighters any day over shit like Godsmack and Puddle of Mudd. :lol:  Grohl's a genuinely cool and talented dude, and humble.  He has no business being a session drummer for a Guns album, but a feature on a song has potential.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eddie Money said:

Hello everyone.  It's been awhile.   Have we established that Axl has a proper studio at his house?  It's only 4,000 sq ft, and doesn't seem large enough.  Maybe it was a jam sesh out by the pool.  On the other hand, if Tommy Stinson can record an album in his hotel room, I'm sure Axl can clear out the garage and hang some eggshell foam or whatever.  

Long time so hear, good to see you back. The original post just said "Axl's Malibu studio" so I'm not sure if they meant his house or not. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

Long time so hear, good to see you back. The original post just said "Axl's Malibu studio" so I'm not sure if they meant his house or not. 

Hi Russ.  I'm coming out of hibernation.  It's been a long winter.  I don't think Axl has one of those either.  I think they would record in a legit studio with a large staff of engineers, techs, etc if they were going to give this a serious go.  

• Like 1

I was under the impression that this 2014 photo was from Axls home studio, because IIRC there were pics of him and Pitman on twitter showing them outside Axls home observing the wildfires around that time. And, again iirc, Pitman had mentioned he was at Axls to work in studio?? 

8aPFv72h.jpg

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

22 minutes ago, soon said:

I was under the impression that this 2014 photo was from Axls home studio, because IIRC there were pics of him and Pitman on twitter showing them outside Axls home observing the wildfires around that time. And, again iirc, Pitman had mentioned he was at Axls to work in studio?? 

8aPFv72h.jpg

I've always wondered what that picture on the monitor is. 

40 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

Hello everyone.  It's been awhile.   Have we established that Axl has a proper studio at his house?  It's only 4,000 sq ft, and doesn't seem large enough.  Maybe it was a jam sesh out by the pool.  On the other hand, if Tommy Stinson can record an album in his hotel room, I'm sure Axl can clear out the garage and hang some eggshell foam or whatever.  

I think there have been mentions of some sort of studio at Axl's house. Axl and Pitman were working together there, I think Pitman had mentioned specifically either If The World or Madagascar. Also, back in the late 90s, when Axl showcased new songs to Rolling Stone magazine, I believe it was mentioned in the article that it took place in Axl's home studio.

20 minutes ago, History2010 said:

I've always wondered what that picture on the monitor is. 

Me too. When I looked up that pic just now, I found this mini article. According to this guy, it may have been in reference to rumours from a few days earlier that Axl was found dead. I have no idea if thats accurate though? It sure doesnt appear to be Axls silhouette to my eyes.

http://toddhancock.ca/axl-rose-posts-ghostly-studio-photo/ 

• Like 2