Jump to content
Gibbo

Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

Recommended Posts

On 4/28/2019 at 3:23 PM, Jordan Rose said:

If e.g. Twat was an unreleased, finished song then it would really deserve to be left as is. If it were a Catcher or SoD or IRS, let Slash and Duff have at it but a masterpiece is a masterpiece. 

There are a number of "big guns" like TWAT from what some people call CD2 that we will likely hear as they were before the old guns came back onboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

I was there in Malibu and I met Slash on the beach.

tQ00jUB.jpg

I'm hoping CD2 is a concept album dedicated to manboobs.  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Creed said:

'Dude looks like a lady'? No, but rumors say they are rerecording the Benny Hill theme song. 

 

maxresdefault.jpg

And the song seems appropriate. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Pulling for NITL Line-up w/some Bucket/Brain + that “Stevie Ray Vaughan-style” Finck solo sprinkled in...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think one song is a good idea.. Something with balls and attitude... They should have released one song to promote the NITL tour  3 years ago.  This is Rock n 'f'n Roll not rocket science...

Fuck this one song talk. Go large or go home. Album or gtfo.

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, sc_gunner said:

LOW QUALITY?!?!  Obviously you have never had an Arby's beef and cheddar! default_laugh.png

Or those absolutely smack potato cakes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Guaranteed if that song was for Terminator it’ll likely be in the trailer which has got to be coming out soon

Actual music from a movie soundtrack is rarely in the trailer. Obviously things like avengers and star wars where the score is recognizable are an exception. For Terminator the trailer might have the score if it is reused but probably not an original song.

Unless...it is a re-recording of YCBM with "clean" vocals.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sc_gunner said:

LOW QUALITY?!?!  Obviously you have never had an Arby's beef and cheddar! default_laugh.png

Everything except for the beef and cheddar is low quality :lol:

I haven't been to Arby's in about 5 years though, maybe I should try it again 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GnR needs to stay away from the new Terminator movie. The franchise has been dead for years. Find another vehicle to attach a song to please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

GnR needs to stay away from the new Terminator movie. The franchise has been dead for years. Find another vehicle to attach a song to please.

Are there any legit rumors about this or just fan speculation because they had a tune in T2? That movie is coming out November 1st, I would think the song would've had to have been done by now if it's going to be used in the movie. I agree that the last handful of movies pretty much killed the franchise but this one may do pretty well with Cameron being involved and Hamilton coming back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Franchise dead blah blah blah.

Grunge killed GnR blah blah blah.

Listen. Quality speaks for itself. Another album like AFD or UYI would get popular whatever the circumstances. 

Having said that, such an album is very unlikely as far as I am concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tbaugerud said:

Franchise dead blah blah blah.

Grunge killed GnR blah blah blah.

Listen. Quality speaks for itself. Another album like AFD or UYI would get popular whatever the circumstances. 

Having said that, such an album is very unlikely as far as I am concerned.

I understand what you're saying but I don't think they should try to replicate AFD or UYI.  Just go in with what they've got and let it rip, try not to overthink it.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Are there any legit rumors about this or just fan speculation because they had a tune in T2? That movie is coming out November 1st, I would think the song would've had to have been done by now if it's going to be used in the movie. I agree that the last handful of movies pretty much killed the franchise but this one may do pretty well with Cameron being involved and Hamilton coming back. 

All fan speculation as far as I know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

People keep mentioning the upcoming Terminator film.  Whether you think or not that the franchise is in the toilet (and IMO it is), how likely it is, 

that they would put Guns n' Roses music in a soundtrack of a film they market like this? 

terminator6-640x427.jpg

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

People keep mentioning the upcoming Terminator film.  Whether you think or not that the franchise is in the toilet (and IMO it is), how likely it is, 

that they would put Guns n' Roses music in a soundtrack of a film they market like this? 

terminator6-640x427.jpg

No way they actually marketed this photo

Edit: wow they actually did, well that’s it I’m jumping ship on the new terminator 

Edited by Gimpy Hewitt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

People keep mentioning the upcoming Terminator film.  Whether you think or not that the franchise is in the toilet (and IMO it is), how likely it is, 

that they would put Guns n' Roses music in a soundtrack of a film they market like this? 

terminator6-640x427.jpg

Oh, so it's gonna be that kind of a movie. And I was trying to reason myself into thinking a song for a Terminator film isn't such a bad idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

People keep mentioning the upcoming Terminator film.  Whether you think or not that the franchise is in the toilet (and IMO it is), how likely it is, 

that they would put Guns n' Roses music in a soundtrack of a film they market like this? 

terminator6-640x427.jpg

I mentioned it as a guess - not even super serious. But James Cameron is directing and writing, so that does make a big difference - like all the movies after T2 don’t exist.

 

I do, however, believe Slash stopped by to wrap up a single and the festivals will be a test. Maybe capture footage for a video. Then maaaaaaaybe new Terminator spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, ferma said:

I mentioned it as a guess - not even super serious. But James Cameron is directing and writing, so that does make a big difference - like all the movies after T2 don’t exist.

 

I do, however, believe Slash stopped by to wrap up a single and the festivals will be a test. Maybe capture footage for a video. Then maaaaaaaybe new Terminator spot.

Narr James Cameron is over sighting it. The director/writer Tim Miller from the dead pool movies is doing it.

Edited by vloors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×