Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

Anyone get a screenshot of the post before it was removed? Which company posted it?

Kruse Kontrol Amplification

The Music Centre "Vintage 1980's" sticker bears more scrutiny imho. Including

- Why would the producer and not Slashs tech bring it in? Caram retooled the amps all over CD, maybe this is Carams own amp for reamping CD leftovers to Slashs sound?

- Slash buys his amps from Music Centre? I dont think so. He has a very close relationship with Marshall. Doesnt sound right.

34 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

If something comes of this and we get anything new this year, I demand all the people who stated “We’re not getting new music” as fact in the last year to come forward, clone themselves, and then go fuck themselves.

How about all the people that have claimed for 2 and a half years that "they're going to play a new song tonight, just you wait and see....oh, they didn't, but they're going to be recording after these shows.....oh, they didn't, but they'll do a new one by the end of the tour" etc? On and on. Pretty easy to say "I told you so all along" if they do put something out. There's no definitive point of being wrong. It's ongoing.  

People are naturally cautious and suspicious. It comes from years of waiting...and it's the totally normal response to those years of waiting. It's not some sort of conspiracy, and doesn't mean they have to "go fuck themselves" at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Coming right up:
vct81u.png

i was hoping for something a bit more "fresh'. Anybody see any correlation between this news and the recent copyright takedowns including those private vidos?

Edited by sidman69

1 minute ago, lukepowell1988 said:

The studio is going to 100% be sound proof and miles away from hearing distance.

Still can guarantee you a few crazies will turn up 

Great point.  I wonder how much a RT ticket from Alabama costs on short notice like that ;)

• GNFNR 1

44 minutes ago, soon said:

- Why would the producer and not Slashs tech bring it in? Caram retooled the amps all over CD, maybe this is Carams own amp for reamping CD leftovers to Slashs sound?

- Slash buys his amps from Music Centre? I dont think so. He has a very close relationship with Marshall. Doesnt sound right.

I agree there are red flags, but since the amp is from '87, he probably did buy it since he wasn't well known yet. 

42 minutes ago, Lio said:

image.png.39f65d8952c67e1c1d3d01bd15a13dca.png

40 minutes ago, soon said:

Thanks.

If it's an old vintage one then it's possible that he (or someone) bought it recently from that store. Maybe it's not one of Slash's og heads because I believe all of those are in his GnR rig in storage somewhere. Caram or someone could've bought it for Slash to use. Marshall can only give him new reissue ones (like they did for Living The Dream). Did any of you save the individual pics from the post before it got taken down? I just want to see the amp haha.

What seems a little off to me is just how specific the info in the post is, esp the bit about Saturday's recording at Axl's studio. Like is it legit or are they just saying stuff to get attention for their business?

Just now, GoBucky said:

I agree there are red flags, but since the amp is from '87, he probably did buy it since he wasn't well known yet. 

Anyone got a close up of this sticker?

10 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I'm at the point where I don't care who is playing on the tracks I just want to hear does tracks.

If I had a choice its always Buckethead/Fink for me 

I hear ya, I agree on both points.