Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

it doesn't matter anyway cause Axl sets the time which the band will really start recording.

I'm not sure that's the way a new album would work - they don't need to 'start recording' if the songs are already recorded. Slash, Duff and Melissa could just re-record parts on otherwise finished songs, with Axl likely making some additional minor adjustments, but at the very least there's probably already 'demos' of whatever songs they plan to work on. They could record parts whenever it's convenient, and email them to Axl. I doubt they'd entirely re-record the CD-era songs, but who knows with this band...

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Billly B said:

If that happened, the reunion would be over. I think they are now playing a game of tease.

i'm betting some sort of release to coincide with tour this fall either blu ray or EP or movie single

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm not sure that's the way a new album would work - they don't need to 'start recording' if the songs are already recorded. Slash, Duff and Melissa could just re-record parts on otherwise finished songs, with Axl likely making some additional minor adjustments, but at the very least there's probably already 'demos' of whatever songs they plan to work on. They could record parts whenever it's convenient, and email them to Axl. I doubt they'd entirely re-record the CD-era songs, but who knows with this band...

I think the orchestration on CD era tunes and maybe more than that will remain as is. I meant actually starting the process not in bits and pieces, focusing on getting it done, like every member has to bring something and work on it. I don't believe Axl will get in a room with the whole band every time they're working on something. It will probably be like Axl and Pitman working on Madagascar, Axl interacting with Slash for example about what he is doing and sharing ideas. I don't think the process has started on that level yet.

I firmly believe some CD era tunes will get reworked and new material will be brought or they'll send their ideas to Axl. Are we there yet with Slash and the Con and the tour? I don't know.

Edited by Rovim

Fuckin mystique, guess Axl turned them all to that Yoda shit. :max:

3 hours ago, Derick said:

Does anyone have access to this interview?

Look at how punk he is showing his finger. Uhhh whatta rebellious boy he is. <_<

Edited by default_

8 hours ago, Derick said:

Does anyone have access to this interview?

It'll be on their website soon enough.

4 hours ago, default_ said:

Fuckin mystique, guess Axl turned them all to that Yoda shit. :max:

Look at how punk he is showing his finger. Uhhh whatta rebellious boy he is. <_<

Yeah looks silly.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

It'll be on their website soon enough.

Yeah looks silly.

nah way SUPER PUNK ROCK pose! JK yeah he looks ridiculous. Only thing to make it worse if he wore Punk as F*** shirt

• Like 1

I just read the article. Duff's being elusive... as expected.

All this slyness gets me thinking something might actually come out of it all. But God, please don't let it be a single for that feminist Terminator movie. 

1 hour ago, vikute91 said:

I just read the article. Duff's being elusive... as expected.

All this slyness gets me thinking something might actually come out of it all. But God, please don't let it be a single for that feminist Terminator movie. 

All James Cameron movies are feminist. That's one of the reasons why I love them so much. Except for Avatar. ;)

• Like 3

17 hours ago, sidman69 said:

i'm betting some sort of release to coincide with tour this fall either blu ray or EP or movie single

Probably some original material. One new song gets played in the fall at the most because they are not going to Chinese Democracy it.