Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

43 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

I agree there are red flags, but since the amp is from '87, he probably did buy it since he wasn't well known yet. 

Yeah, thats true. The stickers were all in impeccable shape though. Would be a small miracle if they looked that pristine all these years later, imho. 

The sticker said "Vintage 1980's" which it wouldnt say if its from the 80's I dont think? And if I were buying a vintage amp Id love to get zeroed in on the yer and factory, not sure that an entire decade would make me comfortable. Leads me to wonder if this is a reissue and the model is "vintage 1980's" ?

43 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Thanks.

If it's an old vintage one then it's possible that he (or someone) bought it recently from that store. Maybe it's not one of Slash's og heads because I believe all of those are in his GnR rig in storage somewhere. Caram or someone could've bought it for Slash to use. Marshall can only give him new reissue ones (like they did for Living The Dream). Did any of you save the individual pics from the post before it got taken down? I just want to see the amp haha.

What seems a little off to me is just how specific the info in the post is, esp the bit about Saturday's recording at Axl's studio. Like is it legit or are they just saying stuff to get attention for their business?

Anyone got a close up of this sticker?

I didnt save any screen shots, unfortunately. Nice to see a Slash amp for sure, but the pics were standard fair if thats any consolation. It looked clean and stock, at a quick glance. 

I see what you mean about Marshall only having the reissues available. Do we know for certain this isnt a reissue because the stickers were pristine. The amp was clean. Almost certainly tubes are new/replaced.

I wonder if Caram bought himself this amp to reamp CD leftovers with Slash sound, just like he reamped all sorts of sounds on CD. Maybe?

38 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

For whatever my word is worth:

It's legit.

My post wasnt to question the 'something' of it all, just the specifics. My theory in the post was that this amp was purchased by Caram to reamp existing tracks with Slashs tone. Like, just rhythm and stuff that Slash wouldnt need to redo unless he wanted to.

So the Kruse people maybe jazzed up the anecdote a bit. Seems like they suggested that this is the AFD amp when they say they are one of the few to work on it ever? Because I dont buy that its the original. And I dont see why Caram and not a tech would bring it in if it wasnt Carams. Still very exciting!

12 minutes ago, soon said:

Yeah, thats true. The stickers were all in impeccable shape though. Would be a small miracle if they looked that pristine all these years later, imho. 

The sticker said "Vintage 1980's" which it wouldnt say if its from the 80's I dont think? And if I were buying a vintage amp Id love to get zeroed in on the yer and factory, not sure that an entire decade would make me comfortable. Leads me to wonder if this is a reissue and the model is "vintage 1980's" ?

I didnt save any screen shots, unfortunately. Nice to see a Slash amp for sure, but the pics were standard fair if thats any consolation. It looked clean and stock, at a quick glance. 

I see what you mean about Marshall only having the reissues available. Do we know for certain this isnt a reissue because the stickers were pristine. The amp was clean. Almost certainly tubes are new/replaced.

I wonder if Caram bought himself this amp to reamp CD leftovers with Slash sound, just like he reamped all sorts of sounds on CD. Maybe?

My post wasnt to question the 'something' of it all, just the specifics. My theory in the post was that this amp was purchased by Caram to reamp existing tracks with Slashs tone. Like, just rhythm and stuff that Slash wouldnt need to redo unless he wanted to.

So the Kruse people maybe jazzed up the anecdote a bit. Seems like they suggested that this is the AFD amp when they say they are one of the few to work on it ever? Because I dont buy that its the original. And I dont see why Caram and not a tech would bring it in if it wasnt Carams. Still very exciting!

I'm not sure exactly what you're confused by. The guy said that the amp is being prepared to record at Axl's studio this weekend. 

12 minutes ago, soon said:

It's not a reissue. Those don't have the badge on the top left. I think someone bought it used from that store to use for recording, hence the sticker and why it says "vintage 1980s." Also I doubt that Caram would reamp another players parts with Slash's tone; Slash himself would want to play it. Not to mention that you don't need a real amp for reamping anymore. Lots of great software models available now.

1 minute ago, -W.A.R- said:

They are recording a studio version of The Seeker :takethat:

I would actually be super into that.

• Like 1

Oh people never learn.  Slash being there to record new music does not mean that they will release those recordings.  It doesn't mean that Axl and Slash will record together either.

Allegedly Axl has recorded hundreds of songs already but he hasn't released them and by the look of it, has no intention in doing so.  Ever.

Fans should know this by now.  A song or songs recorded in 2019 will not see the light of day until 2030 at least, if ever.

At this point, all I want/need is the 91-94 footage of the UYI tour.  That's all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not sure exactly what you're confused by. The guy said that the amp is being prepared to record at Axl's studio this weekend. 

Reamping is recording. 

And the guy is some random as far as I know.

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's not a reissue. Those don't have the badge on the top left. I think someone bought it used from that store to use for recording, hence the sticker and why it says "vintage 1980s." Also I doubt that Caram would reamp another players parts with Slash's tone; Slash himself would want to play it. Not to mention that you don't need a real amp for reamping anymore. Lots of great software models available now.

Good points. And thanks for info about the model. People do use vintage gear still though. And I still dont get why Caram takes it in. Things like that just made me wonder out loud. All just fun chats. 

1 minute ago, soon said:

Reamping is recording. 

Good points. And thanks for info about the model. People do use vintage gear still though. And I still dont get why Caram takes it in. Things like that just made me wonder out loud. All just fun chats. 

The question is, who told the guy that info? My guess is Caram when he dropped the amp off.

6 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

The question is, who told the guy that info? My guess is Caram when he dropped the amp off.

Seems more than likely. As others have alluded to before we had confirmation, it seems maybe staged, that of course if the info wasnt supposed to get out Caram would have been very clear. And the amp peeps dont wanna burn that bridge. So its very exciting!! Might explain why it was him and not Slash's tech or a runner who dropped it off? (of course Caram is a gear head like us, so he might just wanted to go in and talk shop with some buddies)

Staged or not, this is the best info we've got in a long time, imho!! :headbang:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

Interesting. Definitely something brewing if Caram’s involved.

pls don’t record over finck or bucket parts!!😭

Indeed.

Saul threw his toys out of the pram when Paul Tobias' parts were interspersed/put over his own playing but it's ok for him to do it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The cynic in me thinks Rose will chuck the recordings on a shelf for an infinite amount of time, but alright alright: if true this is the best bit of Guns N' Roses news since the Troubadour show - and before that you'd have to probably go back to 1991. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

Indeed.

Saul threw his toys out of the pram when Paul Tobias' parts were interspersed/put over his own playing but it's ok for him to do it?

I imagine the records will be completely reworked. Don't think Slash or Duff would be fine with milli vanilli'n someone elses part or simply slapping a solo on it.

1 hour ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Oh people never learn.  Slash being there to record new music does not mean that they will release those recordings.  It doesn't mean that Axl and Slash will record together either.

Allegedly Axl has recorded hundreds of songs already but he hasn't released them and by the look of it, has no intention in doing so.  Ever.

Fans should know this by now.  A song or songs recorded in 2019 will not see the light of day until 2030 at least, if ever.

At this point, all I want/need is the 91-94 footage of the UYI tour.  That's all.

Good to see that your as sceptical as ever. So you haven't backed out of our bet? B-)

1 hour ago, soon said:

Reamping is recording. 

Believe whatever you want, I guess. All I can tell you is that the post is legit including the part about recording at Axl's studio. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Believe whatever you want, I guess. All I can tell you is that the post is legit including the part about recording at Axl's studio. 

Well this is officially the least fun I've had interacting with people about brand new news on this forum.

I never said it wasnt legit. Which I have already clarified to you. And I never said there wasnt any recording.  Which I also clarified for you :facepalm::lol:

Are you even reading my posts?

Why can everyone but me speculate wildly? Why is it a problem that I have fun interactions with like minded fans trying to collaborate on knowledge in good faith? And why are things I clarify repeatedly as theories here labeled my "beliefs?"

• Like 1