Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

50 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Believe whatever you want, I guess. All I can tell you is that the post is legit including the part about recording at Axl's studio. 

If it is legit and you can confirm that, then could we remove the “[RUMOUR]” part in the thread title?

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, soon said:

Well this is officially the least fun I've had interacting with people about brand new news on this forum.

I never said it wasnt legit. Which I have already clarified to you. And I never said there wasnt any recording.  Which I also clarified for you :facepalm::lol:

Are you even reading my posts?

Why can everyone but me speculate wildly? Why is it a problem that I have fun interactions with like minded fans trying to collaborate on knowledge in good faith? And why are things I clarify repeatedly as theories here labeled my "beliefs?"

Lol..... You're saying two different things in each post. You're saying you believe it's real, but then you said "reamping or recording". It was made clear that they're recording, so it's not really up for debate as to what's happening.

As far as your "beliefs", I'm just going by the assumption that you believe what you're posting. 

12 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

If it is legit and you can confirm that, then could we remove the “[RUMOUR]” part in the thread title?

You got it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I’m keeping in mind that there’s a good chance we will never hear what gets recorded - but it’s really nice to know Axl and Slash’s relationship with each other is good enough to try and record music together. 

That's my view too. I'm ready to be pleasantly surprised if anything gets released.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Well this is pretty fucking surreal. Something for the new Terminator flick perhaps?  If James Cameron asked Axl, it'd be pretty hard to say no I would imagine, though it'd be nice if this had more to do with a proper album.  Either way, a new GNR track would be rad any way you slice it. 

Just now, sofine11 said:

Well this is pretty fucking surreal. Something for the new Terminator flick perhaps?  If James Cameron asked Axl, it'd be pretty hard to say no I would imagine, though it'd be nice if this had more to do with a proper album.  Either way, a new GNR track would be rad any way you slice it. 

I keep thinking the same thing, hopefully they’ve chosen a song and just need to do some minor tinkering to submit to the label

1 minute ago, megaguns1982 said:

I keep thinking the same thing, hopefully they’ve chosen a song and just need to do some minor tinkering to submit to the label

Slash's tour picks up on May 3rd in Mexico, so unless they've been doing some top secret recording and this is a continuance of that, I would imagine they're working on 1 track for a specific reason. 

I'm not trying to get my hopes up, as he very well could be coming in to lay down overdubs on a NITL live album, but damn if this doesn't look promising.

I know it would bug a lot of people but I'm ok with the new album being touched up old stuff. They haven't done a record together in 26 years, they've never even done a record without Izzy, this is a great way to tread the waters & rediscover chemistry. Part of me believes that stuff from the 93-95 sessions will be included though, since that post about GN'R management picking up the tapes from that storage space a few months ago.

22 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

Not trying to be a jerk, but could this be Slash's first visit to Axl's house since that infamous drunken night in 2005?

He already went to Axl's house on October 2015. They met and had dinner, probably to talk about everything as they haven't spoken in 20 years, but also to arrange the reunion that ended up being announced a few months later.

4 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

I'm not trying to get my hopes up, as he very well could be coming in to lay down overdubs on a NITL live album, but damn if this doesn't look promising.

I know it would bug a lot of people but I'm ok with the new album being touched up old stuff. They haven't done a record together in 26 years, they've never even done a record without Izzy, this is a great way to tread the waters & rediscover chemistry. Part of me believes that stuff from the 93-95 sessions will be included though, since that post about GN'R management picking up the tapes from that storage space a few months ago.

Why would Slash need to re-record live parts at Axl's house? It's much more likely that he's going there because Axl has the Chinese stuff...

I'm not going to go crazy and say that they're actually going to write stuff there, because that seems too far-fetched. But him going to re-record (and give his own touch of course) to CD leftovers, now that makes a lot of sense.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

He already went to Axl's house on October 2015. They met and had dinner, probably to talk about everything as they haven't spoken in 20 years, but also to arrange the reunion that ended up being announced a few months later.

Why would Slash need to re-record live parts at Axl's house? It's much more likely that he's going there because Axl has the Chinese stuff...

I'm not going to go crazy and say that they're actually going to write stuff there, because that seems too far-fetched. But him going to re-record (and give his own touch of course) to CD leftovers, now that makes a lot of sense.

Niven had said that Slash told him that Axl was holed up at home going through CD leftovers, so I think you're right.

Does seem a little weird to suddenly start recording stuff now, a week before he leaves for tour.