Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

2 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'll believe it when I hear it.

Same. But bear in mind that this isn't Bumblefoot, and this operation just finished a tour that landed at fucking #2 of all time. I don't exactly see them spinning their wheels, but we'll see soon enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the best news for a few years regarding GNR. I suppose that’s one way of getting Axl in a studio by recording at his house :lol:  personally I think it’s a new song possibly for terminator 6 rather than a new album at this point but who knows. An album won’t be too far away and I’m hoping we will get at least some newly written songs thrown in there. 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Someone mentioed that he could be doing overdubs for a live album and that kinda took the air out of my balloon a little. I'm really hoping for new studio material instead of live cuts. 

He said they weren't going to release a live album though, unless they changed their minds. Although Slash has never been one to try to doctor live recordings, that's Axl's thing.

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Someone mentioed that he could be doing overdubs for a live album and that kinda took the air out of my balloon a little. I'm really hoping for new studio material instead of live cuts. 

I could see them putting out a bluray maybe, but does anyone purchase live albums anymore? It's unfortunate, but I don't really think it's the "thing to do" anymore. It's the era of digital singles now. 

Edited by sofine11

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Terminator: Dark Fate arrives Oct 31st-Nov 1st so there is a hypothetical goal. Not sure sticking songs on bad Terminator sequels is a good move but I don't suppose the vector matters.

given the timing of the festival dates maybe they'll premiere that stuff live few weeks before the movie releases. But it's interesting that it could be for a live record given the rumors of a live release coming out. 

24 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I could see them putting out a bluray maybe, but does anyone purchase live albums anymore? It's unfortunate, but I don't really think it's the "thing to do" anymore. It's the era of digital singles now. 

Live albums are still very much a thing for legacy acts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hoping for one at all. 

• Like 1

Of course this could be Axl learning from past mistakes and not going down the path of recording from a external studio over a number of years. It's very possible Axl has created his own HQ studio as metallica and the Foo Fighters have done, with band members coming into record their separate parts when it suits all involved. I can not see this guys spending large amounts of time all together in a studio. 

Thats not how it's done these days. 

I also personally believe this is a sign that the band now have greater control over their music and how it will be produced and released without a major label mudding the waters. UMG might be involved but only at a curtain level in terms of control over the process and release. 

Edited by kiwiguns

1 minute ago, 31illusions said:

Slash to record at Axl's house without Duff, Richard or Frank = Slash re-doing CD 2 guitar parts.  :facepalm:

Or as others have suggested; he’s just overdubbing NITL recordings for a live album, to make them sound neater, like they did back in the day for Live Era.

the original post with the amp pics did refer to the upcoming recordings as “for new material” though, so there’s that, at least. It’s possible the amp guy just misunderstood what caram told him tho.

23 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Slash to record at Axl's house without Duff, Richard or Frank = Slash re-doing CD 2 guitar parts.  :facepalm:

At long as it's studio material that's "new" to me, I'm totally fine with that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

Beyonce literally just did a suprise release of a live album, and from what I heard, a couple of people enjoyed it.

20 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

I have a dream: Checkmate/Jackie Chan in the new Terminator movie.

... ah.... I'm almost there... c'mon Axl, finish me off...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

The studio is going to 100% be sound proof and miles away from hearing distance.

Still can guarantee you a few crazies will turn up 

This must be the first time in history slash has recorded or played at axls place?.🤔

26 minutes ago, rosesandguns said:

I'm stunned by this! I'm also stunned by learning that Terminator Franchise still continues, I thought there were only two and then they did a couple of shitty ones :D

Correction, there were 2 terminator movies and the other were shitty ones!.