Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Or as others have suggested; he’s just overdubbing NITL recordings for a live album, to make them sound neater, like they did back in the day for Live Era.

Hmm. Wasn't it Axl or Dizzy that said people don't buy CD's anymore. I am doubtful they would do a live album that quite frankly wouldn't make much money, but an album with original material would. A new single with hype of a brand new CD with Slash on it. That's what people want.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Terminator: Dark Fate arrives Oct 31st-Nov 1st so there is a hypothetical goal. Not sure sticking songs on bad Terminator sequels is a good move but I don't suppose the vector matters.

The spin off were completely crap and diluted t1 and t2. Even mark hamil from his night time interviews ladt week admited that the star war spin offs were poor compared to the original star war movies. Same with the terminator releases.

10 hours ago, Cstephenson88 said:

There is definitely something going on. If slash is already recording or about to record parts, my opinion is this will move along quickly. 

I've been saying this since the start of the year. New material is a lot closer to being done than being started. The band is trying to avoid online hacking by saying there's nothing done yet.

• GNFNR 1

since the reunion, they would have been getting heaps of offers from studios, festivals, commercials etc

they may have just finally accepted a few deals what with those festival dates.

my moneys on a new single dropping on a soundtrack by years end, possibly not even an album track. Just like come on come in by VR. Great song but not on a VR studio album 

Edited by megaguns1982

4 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

The spin off were completely crap and diluted t1 and t2. Even mark hamil from his night time interviews ladt week admited that the star war spin offs were poor compared to the original star war movies. Same with the terminator releases.

They are all garbage except the originals but VR had some success with Set Me Free on the Hulk and that film was crap also. I don't suppose it matters too much then but they are surely better films knocking around to put a song on?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Well this is pretty fucking surreal. Something for the new Terminator flick perhaps?  If James Cameron asked Axl, it'd be pretty hard to say no I would imagine, though it'd be nice if this had more to do with a proper album.  Either way, a new GNR track would be rad any way you slice it. 

Im sure arnie would have a say in it as well considering the band have history with him.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

They are all garbage except the originals but VR had some success with Set Me Free on the Hulk and that film was crap also. I don't suppose it matters too much then but they are surely better films knocking around to put a song on?

I would prefer a new terminator movie rather than all these marvel/DC films being released at the moment.

To the naysayers: :lol::lol::lol:. I had to get that out.

Now that I got that out of the way, this is great! I've been saying it for awhile that GNR will probably release a song for the new Terminator movie. It's the perfect time. Also James Cameron has stated that he wanted to bring the Terminator franchise back to its roots. 

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Or as others have suggested; he’s just overdubbing NITL recordings for a live album, to make them sound neater, like they did back in the day for Live Era.

the original post with the amp pics did refer to the upcoming recordings as “for new material” though, so there’s that, at least. It’s possible the amp guy just misunderstood what caram told him tho.

Why would Slash need to overdub NITL shit at Axl's house though? He could easily do that in his own time. Going to Axl's implied a deeper collaboration.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Of course this could be Axl learning from past mistakes and not going down the path of recording from a external studio over a number of years. It's very possible Axl has created his own HQ studio as metallica and the Foo Fighters have done, with band members coming into record their separate parts when it suits all involved. I can not see this guys spending large amounts of time all together in a studio. 

Thats not how it's done these days. 

I also personally believe this is a sign that the band now have greater control over their music and how it will be produced and released without a major label mudding the waters. UMG might be involved but only at a curtain level in terms of control over the process and release. 

I reckon UMG would be having a large stake in distribution, maybe some funding but that would be it. I doubt they would be  having major involvement compared to the Geffen days.

Edited by Sydney Fan

We know the news is real (thanks to Russ’s strong gnr connections).

So here are some of the possibilities for what the new recordings can be:

1. Slash is doing overdubs for a NITL live album

2. Slash is re recording Chinese Leftovers

3. Axl and Slash are working on one new song for Terminator Dark Fate Soundtrack (favorite movie series and favorite band in one!)

4. Axl and Slash are recording brand new material that has not been worked on up to this point.

5.  They are finishing up material from the 93-95 sessions. This is in relation to the recent “Storage Tapes” purchase.

6. It’s all bs and we won’t ever hear any new recordings from GnR

Have I missed anything? 

Hopefully we get some more news on what’s going on, and we get it soon!!!  

• GNFNR 1