Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

New material being recorded at Axl’s house this weekend? With slash’s amp? Say what?

whatever happened to slash saying that “nothing has started yet” and that they'd only start talking about a new album after the mini tour in October?

Edited by rocknroll41

Chinese whispers :lol:

Great to hear that something might be going on even if it's a third hand source. If this is true I'd be surprised if it wasn't a deliberate slip, it fits with the viral marketing model the band prefer these days (and of course can be plausibly denied if need be too).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Chinese whispers :lol:

Great to hear that something might be going on even if it's a third hand source. If this is true I'd be surprised if it wasn't a deliberate slip, it fits with the viral marketing model the band prefer these days (and of course can be plausibly denied if need be too).

Yeah if it doesn’t work out they’ll just throw caram under the bus and say he didn’t know what he was taking about. XD

in all seriousness, I guess slash was bullshitting about not starting yet just to throw people off the sent.

• Like 3

A weird post when you think about it....there's a lot of information being given in a (seemingly) innocuous post from a company. Has to be deliberate. You'd imagine they might say "cool to be working on Slash's amp" or something, but to say all that about recording - must be a conscious thing. 

I'd say this is the first rumour we've had in years that's worth paying any attention to, regarding new music. 

1 minute ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Is Slash in USA right now??? I know he is about to begin the latin America leg.

PLEASE GOD, LET THIS BE REAL

May 3rd he starts in Mexico....so yeah. He could well be there this weekend, and leave next wednesday/thursday ish. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jephro Rucastle said:

The third photo, the one showing the chassis removed, also shows a price tag from Guitar Center. Kinda took the wind out of my sails.

Oh shit yeah......that amp has definitely got a price sticker on it and says "vintage 1980s" 

Are they trolling?!