Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

Steve and Izzy returning thread. i called bullshit on that as Steve is not/and never will be physically fit enough for a 3 hour set.

then this new album news drops ???

i would say Steve and Izzy being on 1 or 2 new songs is plausible.

we need some proper pervert style spies surrounding uncle Axls house over the next few days to see who turns up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, donny said:

Steve and Izzy returning thread. i called bullshit on that as Steve is not/and never will be physically fit enough for a 3 hour set.

we need some proper pervert style spies surrounding uncle Axls house over the next few days to see who turns up.

:lol:

2 hours ago, donny said:

Surely there are some LA forum people that either have a drone or are competent tree climbers.

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Surely there are some LA forum people that either have a drone or are competent tree climbers.

LA---People---Competent ?????

photographs of his washing line please. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I would prefer a new terminator movie rather than all these marvel/DC films being released at the moment.

I'd prefer neither. Terminator 1-2 is perfect. They ruin these things for cash.

PS

''Overdubs for a live release''? Is that not letting the cat out of the bag just a bit? Bands, for obvious reasons, don't tend to advertise the fact live albums are an immense con. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

12 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

He said they weren't going to release a live album though, unless they changed their minds. Although Slash has never been one to try to doctor live recordings, that's Axl's thing.

Except that he re-recorded shit for Live Era and then tried to claim it wasn't the "Mahavishnu Orchestra" and claimed it was "as live as it gets"

4 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

This is really positive. Slash talked about working on the new album when he was back in August. Now its only April.

Is there a rumour about Terminator 6?

No rumour about it just this last September. Arnold wearing a GNR t-shirt :D

https://hungarytoday.hu/schwarzenegger-explores-budapest-as-he-begins-filming-sixth-terminator-film/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stoymatic said:

We know the news is real (thanks to Russ’s strong gnr connections).

So here are some of the possibilities for what the new recordings can be:

1. Slash is doing overdubs for a NITL live album

2. Slash is re recording Chinese Leftovers

3. Axl and Slash are working on one new song for Terminator Dark Fate Soundtrack (favorite movie series and favorite band in one!)

4. Axl and Slash are recording brand new material that has not been worked on up to this point.

5.  They are finishing up material from the 93-95 sessions. This is in relation to the recent “Storage Tapes” purchase.

6. It’s all bs and we won’t ever hear any new recordings from GnR

Have I missed anything? 

Hopefully we get some more news on what’s going on, and we get it soon!!!  

uhhhhmm yes.  the most likely one, in fact.  Slash working on next SMKC record.

4 hours ago, donny said:

Even if he doesn't play concerts with GNR, Steven recording drums live in one take will make the whole song/album ten times better than anything Frank could come up with. If Izzy's involved, chances are we might get proper songwriting as well and end up with something that actually sounds and feels like GNR. Fingers crossed. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Interestingly how just a gossip could shake the fandom and the internet. And frankly, it affects the band itself not in the best way. I get that as an experienced musicians they should endure all that media pressure but sometimes it really goes insane - what will happen when Slash hints that he had finalised some recordings or got the job done... I know it's invetible, but yet agian, explains why Slash himself can finish his own record in a blink of an eye - because basically nobody cares. I mean, he just works and finishes whenever he wants. Even if he and Myles miss some inner deadline, nobody would bitch them from outside cause not much people know what's really happening. But in case with Guns' N' Roses, fans and press usually make deadline by themselves, putting unnecessary pressure on the band. Of course, they're professionals and have to stand it, but also they're artists and need some psychological space to work at. As for myself, I don't expect any sufficent album news or even a release date until the end of 2020 - that's my personal deadline for the band. But if they would't release a thing until early 2021 - even I would be mad and it'll show that production issues at large still exist. Something earlier - would be a miracle we need.    

Edited by nikothebellic

Someone should follow the Arnies Pizza deliver person around on Saturday and when its inevitably time to deliver to Axls place give the delivery person a gentle sleeper hold and deliver the pizza. Then when the person answers the door... you guessed it: gentle sleeper hold. :lol: Deliver the pizza directly to the studio. Record audio! :slash:

Spoiler

If Frank is on drums....

Spoiler

gentle sleeper hold :lol:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Stoymatic said:

We know the news is real (thanks to Russ’s strong gnr connections).

So here are some of the possibilities for what the new recordings can be:

1. Slash is doing overdubs for a NITL live album

2. Slash is re recording Chinese Leftovers

3. Axl and Slash are working on one new song for Terminator Dark Fate Soundtrack (favorite movie series and favorite band in one!)

4. Axl and Slash are recording brand new material that has not been worked on up to this point.

5.  They are finishing up material from the 93-95 sessions. This is in relation to the recent “Storage Tapes” purchase.

6. It’s all bs and we won’t ever hear any new recordings from GnR

Have I missed anything? 

Hopefully we get some more news on what’s going on, and we get it soon!!!  

7. Any of the first 5, it gets canned and it is shoved in Axls vault 

I don't think this will happen, nor do I want it to happen, but it's a possibility (sadly) given the previous history of the band and not releasing and hoarding stuff