Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

8 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

What's this recent 'Storage Tapes' purchase?

Some old tapes that were forgotten in a storage space and the owner notified the band. Most of the tapes had to do with Duff and collaborations outside GnR. There was only one that read "GNR Demos April 1995" and it was songs Izzy and Duff wrote at that time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Did he? I thought it was only Axl who rerecorded parts on that album.

I vividly remember It's So Easy being pretty obviously re-recorded.  Compare the actual video to Live Era version and you'll notice it.  I was pretty disappointed when I noticed it.  

Still the most egregious re-recording of that album is YCBM. 

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

All former guitarists parts will be removed, I would bet my life on it.

I would say so too. Here's the weird thing though: removing them doesn't change the fact that they helped write the songs. I would imagine their names will at least appear on the credits for each track. Furthermore, they'll all probably receive royalties from any sale or use of the songs too. 

I hope Axl shows Slash his ideas...I mean, the first demos of the songs que pretends to release.

I would like Slash to work on them with from zero, not hearing what the others did. 

I don't know if I'm clear. 

Either way, I REALLY REALLY hope Slash and Duff convince Axl to record with his trademark voice, not the clean chinese voice. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAASW

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I would say so too. Here's the weird thing though: removing them doesn't change the fact that they helped write the songs. I would imagine their names will at least appear on the credits for each track. Furthermore, they'll all probably receive royalties from any sale or use of the songs too. 

Its possible Axl paid X amount of money to all what was produced being solely credited to him as if he wants it to be that way.

Id say all the songs are going to be credited to "Guns N' Roses" and with all the gag orders going on, we'll probably never know who wrotte what. 

2 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Either way, I REALLY REALLY hope Slash and Duff convince Axl to record with his trademark voice, not the clean chinese voice. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAASW

I doubt Slash and Duff have the balls to offer any constructive criticism.. This reunion is all about appeasing Axl.. As long as they make their loot, they are good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I doubt Slash and Duff have the balls to offer any constructive criticism.. This reunion is all about appeasing Axl.. As long as they make their loot, they are good. 

The one bit of positive news us fans have received i.e one small step for GNR man kind, and you are still a negative nanny. 

You set yourself up for that negativey as you still only believe what you want to believe and wish for. 

Time to let it go.

The band has moved on and going in a different direction from were you want them to point and head to. 

I expect the same reaction from you when you realise Izzy will not be involved in the future with recent rumours, just being rumours spread by an unreliable source.

When the people who call out the band on all sorts of issues including future music, band management, the relationships between band members or the current band line up, get found out and are wrong or mistaken they turn it around and blame the band. 

Thats not the bands fault.

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Probably recording over some of Robin's parts. I hope they keep Bucket's parts on older material, and remove Bumblefoot.

I can't imagine they would keep Bucket/BBF/Robin leads overall though on any Chinese Era material that is included on a new album - just because there would be too much hype of a new GNR album with Slash on it to feature anyone else but Slash taking 90 percent of the leads

Personally I really hope that it isn't just Slash recording parts for songs where the basic tracks are from like 1999 or 2003, I hope they get some live tracks of drums, bass, guitar, etc. to help with the songs feeling organic.  That was the missing ingredient of Chinese to me, the live band aspect of it all

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Just want to clarify something-

I saw someone made a post saying I have strong connections to the band so I want to clarify that I actually do not have any connection to the band at all. 

I guess I should’ve put emphasis on my use of sarcasm!  

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I can't imagine they would keep Bucket/BBF/Robin leads overall though on any Chinese Era material that is included on a new album - just because there would be too much hype of a new GNR album with Slash on it to feature anyone else but Slash taking 90 percent of the leads

Personally I really hope that it isn't just Slash recording parts for songs where the basic tracks are from like 1999 or 2003, I hope they get some live tracks of drums, bass, guitar, etc. to help with the songs feeling organic.  That was the missing ingredient of Chinese to me, the live band aspect of it all

Yes, I hope slash isn’t re recording old parts from any Chinese guitarist. Although I would still take it! Any new music from GnR including Slash and Duff would rock! Even with Chinese era guys on it!

I don’t get why anyone would complain about new music from GnR. Makes no sense...people complain that they don’t ever put out music and when they do they cry about how it sounds or who is on it!

1 hour ago, default_ said:

Its possible Axl paid X amount of money to all what was produced being solely credited to him as if he wants it to be that way.

Id say all the songs are going to be credited to "Guns N' Roses" and with all the gag orders going on, we'll probably never know who wrotte what. 

This makes sense. It seemed some may have been on a salary. Pitman sued Axl for unpaid wages.

My dream scenario for new music would be: Slash records new lead and rhythm parts on CD2 songs, Duff records new bass parts, and Richard, Buckethead and Brain's parts are all kept intact.

It's more likely that Brain and Buckethead will be removed, but I hope some of their stuff ends up getting released. Or whenever they do release an album, I hope there's a bonus disc with 'early versions' (1999-2004) of whatever songs Slash and Duff have re-recorded.

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Just want to clarify something-

I saw someone made a post saying I have strong connections to the band so I want to clarify that I actually do not have any connection to the band at all. 

This news is true and I do know that for a fact but it's because of others who do have connections with the band that I was able to confirm it. 

Might seem like a small point, but it's important to me. I don't ever want to give the impression that I'm more connected than others or any sort of "insider" :)

This was a really cool and down to earth post. It's like what the other poster stated that this shows humility, which is rare nowadays. 

• Like 3