Why Are We Still Rewarding Guns N' Roses in 2019? (Esquire Article)

If we're having bitching sessions about who's playing ACL this year, how about the author of the article put their crosshairs on Cardi B, who recently admitted to drugging and robbing several of her clients when she was a stripper? Is that not worse than singing some trash lyrics on a song from 30+ years ago?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I wouldn't mind an article about not liking GnR if it was well written.

But this is stupid and you can tell from the first few lines where the guy says that he googled how many hours the bus ride from Indiana to LA is to prove that the straw of wheat would've withered.

ya I had to stop reading the article after this...so idiotic

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Was just coming to post this. What a dbag. If you don't like GNR, good for you. But to write a whole article about you not liking them? That's just a weird move. 

It's not a weird move. It's a lazy, desperate move. He's gotta write about something and this was what was easy. Dude can go fuck himself.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Was just coming to post this. What a dbag. If you don't like GNR, good for you. But to write a whole article about you not liking them? That's just a weird move. 

Because it gets clicks? I'm not even gonna click on the article because I know what the modus operandi is.

Clicks = ads = money. Best ignore this shit-stirring shite and move on :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Zayo2 said:

She's girl that has some very depressing shit ehm i mean songs. And every teenager loves that.

Not to mention rumours have it she's basically a product designed to make money. Her image, her music, her 'persona', all made for her to make a load of music off these depresso teenagers.

Despite their many flaws, I'll stick to being a GNR fan.

• Like 2

iv'e not read the article yet but i take it this chap paid a grand for a boxset only to find it half price the following day, attended the Berlin 2018 show then had his YT and Twitter accounts shut down ? 

he needs to do some yoga with Duff and relax. 

• Haha 1

It's the reality of the music industry of today. A few years ago pop music was not taken that seriously based on silly lyrics being about breaking up with your boyfriend being sung by people in their mid to late 20s. Taylor Swift is still doing that today. 

This type of music makes the money, that feeds the music industry of today. It's all about the social image that makes more money for the record executives before the 5mins of fame ends and the artist has been used and tossed aside for the next artist in the production line. 

Rock music is now the preferred option to not take seriously as there is no money to be made off the machine of Rock music. 

EDM, Pop, R & B, Hip Hop and Rap is were todays music market is and feeds the machine in making people money including music journalism. 

In New Zealand we have 20 year old music reviewers, who review live shows who completely ignore the fact the artists are lip syncing and act as if it's a normal thing to do, not sing live. 

These are the same music reviewsers who go to a music festival called Lane Way were 90% of the artists are hipster, who are aged in there 20s, dressing like they are in the era of the 70s, with these music reviewers not calling them out for taking ideas from a past era or artists from the past including Rock N Roll artists. 

They do this as it will upset the artists fans, via Twitter with social media having an influence, as that's who feeds the money making machine.

Edited by kiwiguns

48 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

It's the reality of the music industry of today. A few years ago pop music was not taken that seriously based on silly lyrics being about breaking up with your boyfriend being sung by people in their mid to late 20s. Taylor Swift is still doing that today. 

This type of music makes the money, that feeds the music industry of today. It's all about the social image that makes more money for the record executives before the 5mins of fame ends and the artist has been used and tossed aside for the next artist in the production line. 

Rock music is now the preferred option to not take seriously as there is no money to be made off the machine of Rock music. 

EDM, Pop, R & B, Hip Hop and Rap is were todays music market is and feeds the machine in making people money including music journalism. 

In New Zealand we have 20 year old music reviewers, who review live shows who completely ignore the fact the artists are lip syncing and act as if it's a normal thing to do, not sing live. 

These are the same music reviewsers who go to a music festival called Lane Way were 90% of the artists are hipster, who are aged in there 20s, dressing like they are in the era of the 70s, with these music reviewers not calling them out for taking ideas from a past era or artists from the past including Rock N Roll artists. 

They do this as it will upset the artists fans, via Twitter with social media having an influence, as that's who feeds the money making machine.

Not sure I agree. Rock may not be too relevant on the hit lists but classic bands from the 70s-90s are the ones who sell tickets in a disproportionate way relative to other genres.  

The venues, labels, ticketmaster and anyone else who profits from the touring industry will be fucked in 5-10 years. There is no one to fill the shoes of U2, Springsteen, Aerosmith, etc.  GNR and Pearl Jam should have some life left, but I can’t think of any mainstream artist selling tickets like GNR 

Is anyone really going to scramble for the NYSNC reunion tour in 10 years? I doubt it

On topic: throw away article. Frivolous and nonsensical points.  I actually thought the article would be about “are we really doing more shows into the fourth year of this reunion with no new music?”  That would be a legitimate critique. 

Hoping Axl will prove me and all of us wrong!

9 hours ago, Original said:

Some of us fans might have some 'internal family issues' with GNR and the way it's managed but I don't buy a half assed negative article written by a Justin Bieber fan lol

Edited by ©GnrPersia

more demoralisation attempts from the "woke" movement.

We aren't allowed to like anything these days.

Well, screw them. I'd like to know how they will prevent me from listening to GNR and one in a million for example. that'll be a laugh