Duff Interview, 05/01, WRIF Detroit

Thanks for posting this Russ.

I understand that the man is promoting a solo release/tour but give me a break...

How can you agree to do a podcast and dictate those terms when you are solely known for being in one of the world's biggest bands?!  Stupid.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

I understand that the man is promoting a solo release/tour but give me a break...

How can you agree to do a podcast and dictate those terms when you are solely known for being in one of the world's biggest bands?!  Stupid.

I hear ya. It is what it is with these stations. I'm sure there's a lot of corporate red tape about what interviews they have to commit to. For the record, my buddy was all ready to ask about the recording at Axl's house last Saturday but got the word a couple of days ago that no GN'R questions were allowed. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I hear ya. It is what it is with these stations. I'm sure there's a lot of corporate red tape about what interviews they have to commit to. For the record, my buddy was all ready to ask about the recording at Axl's house last Saturday but got the word a couple of days ago that no GN'R questions were allowed. 

Would've loved to hear his response to that.

"What, they recorded last weekend without me?!" :rofl-lol:

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's a shame and I understand Duff, people wants to know about about GNR more, but if he is not talking about GNR he must do that policy with everyone, because in other interviews he has talking very open about the band.

18 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

It's a shame and I understand Duff, people wants to know about about GNR more, but if he is not talking about GNR he must do that policy with everyone, because in other interviews he has talking very open about the band.

I told my buddy I'm guessing the no GN'R thing is stemming from where Duff was taken out of context by Ultimate Guitar (I think?) the other day. He said something about Slash being awesome because he gets lost in his solos, then of course they made a click bait title out of it that sounded like Duff was insulting Slash. 

24 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I was guessing he'd say something like "There's always stuff going on over there" or "We have a lot of ideas going around" or something vague like that. I would've liked to have had the chance for my buddy to ask least ask though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

I’d bet that he’s embarrassed that he wasn’t invited to Axl’s house...so no questions allowed.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I told my buddy I'm guessing the no GN'R thing is stemming from where Duff was taken out of context by Ultimate Guitar (I think?) the other day. He said something about Slash being awesome because he gets lost in his solos, then of course they made a click bait title out of it that sounded like Duff was insulting Slash. 

Maybe you are right here. I saw his tweet

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Thats the thing whats the point of him doing interviews when he knows the only question everyone wants to ask is about a gnr release.

8 hours ago, KURT19 said:

Totally agree. I don't care if GnR was one of my favorite bands - if I couldn't ask a question or two about the singular thing you're widely known for, then what the fuck is the point? I get avoiding certain subjects if they don't wish to talk about it, but I'd refuse to do the interview if I couldn't ask about GnR at all. 

Paul McCartney hasn't been in the Beatles for 50 years now and he still talks about them in every interview (willingly). Imagine how stupid it would be for him to avoid the thing people most want to know about...

Edit: between that and the whole "pulling everything from youtube", constant touring without an album, etc....this band is starting to become a joke again, unfortunately. 

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, RussTCB said:

He said something about Slash being awesome because he gets lost in his solos, then of course they made a click bait title out of it that sounded like Duff was insulting Slash. 

that's why I like the fact that they don't do interviews together about the reunion

I interviewed Duff in early 2009 when Loaded's "Sick" came out and, after we talked about his then current projects, he was more than willing to  answer some gnr related questions. A true gentleman. 

I asked him something about the hell tour (mind you, this was when the only book available was Slash's. Duff's books hadn't come out yet), something about Cornshucker, something about studio vaults and about playing with Axl again as special guest (Axl had just said in the chats that he was open to have Izzy and Duff on stage).

Edited by Twinaleblood
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

I interviewed Duff in early 2009 when Loaded's "Sick" came out and, after we talked about his then current projects, he was more than willing to  answer some gnr related questions. A true gentleman. 

I asked him something about the hell tour (mind you, this was when the only boom available was Slash's. Duff's book hadn't come out yet), something about Cornshucker, something about studio vaults and about playing with Axl again as special guest (Axl had just said in the chats that he was open to have Izzy and Duff on stage).

great job!! :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Thats the thing whats the point of him doing interviews when he knows the only question everyone wants to ask is about a gnr release.

Well, everyone who has followed GNR should know that to be the case. So they shouldn't interview him if they don't want to hear anything else.