Dizzy Reed appearance on the Cokie the Clown (Fat Mike from NOFX) album

I remember watching a video of a Cokie the Clown show where he served some of the people in the audience shots out of his bottle of booze when he came on stage, then at the end of the show they showed a video of him urinating into that same bottle right before going on stage. Gotta love Fat Mike.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I've always felt that Dizzy gets more shit than he deserves. 

He's kinda invisible, isn't he? Even though he is the longest-serving member after Axl, he hasn't contributed a lot to the music, and I don't know much else about him, therefore it's ignorant of me to be surprised that he would hang out with crazy guys like Fat Mike.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I've always felt that Dizzy gets more shit than he deserves. 

Anyone who doesn't take a public stance against the evil of Axl will get a lot more shit than they deserve from parts of the fanbase.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, EvanG said:

He's kinda invisible, isn't he? Even though he is the longest-serving member after Axl, he hasn't contributed a lot to the music, and I don't know much else about him, therefore it's ignorant of me to be surprised that he would hang out with crazy guys like Fat Mike.

This album will do wonders for 6 degrees games, considering Danny from NIN produced and performs on it and Travis barker drums on it (granted only 5 tracks have full kit drumming).

Honestly I was surprised Fat Mike was associating with Dizzy, Mike has said not so great things about GNR in the past. There’s a NOFX song talking about merging record collections with his wife when they met and the opening stanza is 

I thought you were the one when I heard "Holidays In The Sun"
come from your bedroom 
but my mind started to stray when I saw Youth of Today
mixed with your singles 
What's with this Underdog and this GNR EP? 
I don't think Hanoi rocks
and I don't want your Paul Stanley 
next to my Subhumans gatefold
I'm not trying to be a jerk 
but I don't think this record mergers gonna work”

10 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

That mid 90s SoCal 'Punk" scene was always weird to me.....I just remember Blink 182 getting called punk and therefore the word has meant nothing to me since.

Weren't they "pop" punk? Meaning two steps away from pop 

Blink 182 is a punk band the same way Coldplay is a rock band.

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Wasn't Sublime part of that scene?  I think they called it "ska punk" or something.

Ska isn't punk. More related to reggae.

Ska (/skɑː/; Jamaican: [skjæ]) is a music genre that originated in Jamaica in the late 1950s and was the precursor to rocksteady and reggae. It combined elements of Caribbean mento and calypso with American jazz and rhythm and blues. Ska is characterized by a walking bass line accented with rhythms on the off beat.

29 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Ska (/skɑː/; Jamaican: [skjæ]) is a music genre that originated in Jamaica in the late 1950s and was the precursor to rocksteady and reggae. It combined elements of Caribbean mento and calypso with American jazz and rhythm and blues. Ska is characterized by a walking bass line accented with rhythms on the off beat.

Gotcha, thanks.  I don't know why I thought that, maybe at the time they were comparing it to punk attitude or something.  I should consult Duff on that I guess.😄

• Haha 1

Those “punk” bands that got big in the mid 90s had been around forever. NOFX is a different animal though, they never signed to a major label unlike all those other punk bands that had mainstream success.

21 hours ago, TeeJay410 said:

Honestly I was surprised Fat Mike was associating with Dizzy, Mike has said not so great things about GNR in the past. There’s a NOFX song talking about merging record collections with his wife when they met and the opening stanza is 

I thought you were the one when I heard "Holidays In The Sun"
come from your bedroom 
but my mind started to stray when I saw Youth of Today
mixed with your singles 
What's with this Underdog and this GNR EP? 
I don't think Hanoi rocks
and I don't want your Paul Stanley 
next to my Subhumans gatefold
I'm not trying to be a jerk 
but I don't think this record mergers gonna work”

They talk about GN’R in a few songs. El Lay off Ribbed and the follow up to the song you mentioned, I’ve Got One Jealous Again Again. 

I was surprised to see Fat Mike work with Dizzy as GN’R is the anti-NOFX. 

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

Those “punk” bands that got big in the mid 90s had been around forever. NOFX is a different animal though, they never signed to a major label unlike all those other punk bands that had mainstream success.

NOFX aren't bad in small doses, I actually really liked No Fun At All but they weren't from California I think they were Swedish. That whole sort of sound was fucking huge for while there.

8 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

'Ska punk' is a thing, but it shouldn't be.

13 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Weren't they "pop" punk? Meaning two steps away from pop 

Blink 182 is a punk band the same way Coldplay is a rock band.

Blink-182 is pop punk, which is descended from melodic hardcore and skate punk. NOFX was always playing in and out of different punk genres like hardcore, melodic hardcore, and ska punk, but you can comfortably call them a skate punk band. Bands like Green Day and Blink-182  took the most melodic parts of bands like the Descendents, Bad Religion, and NOFX and it turned into pop punk. While blink and green day were socal bands in the 90's scene, they were pretty distinct from NOFX.