The Guns N Roses Member Who Died That No One Seems To Remember

14 minutes ago, default_ said:

Guys, its not a bass... Hes holding a Les Paul.

No idea who the guy is. 

Yeah, seems to be Izzys Black Beauty? And an Axl style headscarf.

This pic actually came up not too long ago on here and someone knew the answer and others concurred. IIRC they said that it was a guy from the bootleg record company. That he featured a pic of himself on every bootleg he released. As a running joke.

But I cant remember who it is. And I cant remember who knew - actually I wouldve figured it was one of you who already responded about it! Who else has all the Guns knowledge? I just rolled out of bed, so hopefully it comes to me.

@NeonKinight was it you who knew about the guy on the bootleg LP pictures above? Sorry to put you on the spot so randomly! :) 

15 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@soon maybe Ludirigan? He is really knowledgeable about GnR bootlegs. 

Yeah, that sounds right too! @ludurigan @zombux @Gordon Comstock are all kinda ringing a bell. Theres so many super knowledgeable people, but these 4 names keep coming to mind about this picture, lol.

(any of you know who's in the picture on the LP posted above?)

8 hours ago, Chest Burster said:

An alternate but semi-related subject that you examined once was in what you entitled, "The True Story Behind Rapidfire! Axl Rose's First Recordings!" 

I am a fan of Rapidfire. Saw its website years ago, hoped for the recordings to be released for forever, it seemed, and I've followed their Facebook page for years since before Kevin Lawrence died. I chatted with him many times on there, too, and he was totally cool and told me stories, etc, and he also shared his lawyer's long explanatory paper (you said, "essay," and that is more appropriate, I'll admit) about the band and its then legal situation, so I learned a ton, I feel, about Kevin's band and his experiences with Axl. 

Dear ol' Kevin :cry:, I miss him because I used to talk to him over Facebook for long long hours at night, when he was feeling sad and me too.

What you say it is correct, he's told me the same things and many other stories.... he was really cool guy, even when I was an asshole sometimes, lol....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@soon

It's mentioned on here, by you :lol:

Oh right :lol:

And then it was @Nikki_Sixx who had some great info about it!!! Its below on that same page.

My memory was a bit off as I suspected, but the info Sixx provided about that picture is really great! :headbang:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, killuridols said:

Dear ol' Kevin :cry:, I miss him because I used to talk to him over Facebook for long long hours at night, when he was feeling sad and me too.

What you say it is correct, he's told me the same things and many other stories.... he was really cool guy, even when I was an asshole sometimes, lol....

How did he die?  I read some articles about his death but they didn't specify the cause.  

On 07/05/2019 at 9:02 AM, soon said:

Yeah, seems to be Izzys Black Beauty? And an Axl style headscarf.

This pic actually came up not too long ago on here and someone knew the answer and others concurred. IIRC they said that it was a guy from the bootleg record company. That he featured a pic of himself on every bootleg he released. As a running joke.

But I cant remember who it is. And I cant remember who knew - actually I wouldve figured it was one of you who already responded about it! Who else has all the Guns knowledge? I just rolled out of bed, so hopefully it comes to me.

@NeonKinight was it you who knew about the guy on the bootleg LP pictures above? Sorry to put you on the spot so randomly! :) 

nah dude.
Tks anyway.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Creed said:

How do you come to this conclusion? Which songs did he play in his only show?

Ole is most probably responsible for Bill Baileys choice to call himself Axl, since Ole's father was named Aksel. But thats it.

And that alone contributes more compared to Paul Huge who had ruined the old band.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Creed said:

How do you come to this conclusion? Which songs did he play in his only show?

Ole is most probably responsible for Bill Baileys choice to call himself Axl, since Ole's father was named Aksel. But thats it.

Ole didn't play any shows with the band and "Axl" came from a band Axl was in, the name originated with Axl's Indiana friends and Izzy suggested Axl should adopt the name for himself. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Ole didn't play any shows with the band and "Axl" came from a band Axl was in, the name originated with Axl's Indiana friends and Izzy suggested Axl should adopt the name for himself. 

I thought the Indiana band both Axl and Izzy were in was called Axl and when the band broke up Axl decided to continue to use the name for himself. Something along those lines.

6 minutes ago, vloors said:

I thought the Indiana band both Axl and Izzy were in was called Axl and when the band broke up Axl decided to continue to use the name for himself. Something along those lines.

Yes, that seems to be correct.

1 hour ago, vikute91 said:

I've always wondered how they came up with the band name Axl. Is it in reference to someone/something or do the letters stand for anything... Anybody knows?

Axl talked about that in MTV Rockumentary, if I'm correct

Regarding Axl and Rapidfire, it should probably be mentioned that Marc Canter, who is widely -- and deservedly -- recognized as an extremely reliable source on early GN'R, states in Reckless Road that Axl started Rapidfire. So one can understand if this is considered a fact among GN'R fans.