Old Slash Interview: "I don't think it will finally happen (about new Guns N' Roses album)"

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

This interview was done more recently:

https://loudwire.com/slash-boulevard-of-broken-hearts-live-video-guns-n-roses-interview/

GNR writing is probably held off until after your touring is done. But have you ...

No, we're actually into it now, but at the same time everybody's still busy with a million other things. We haven't been able to sit down and completely focus on just the one thing, but we have been toying around with stuff.

Do you have material that you've already written and intend to present to the band, or does it kind of work more where everyone gets in a room and works it up from scratch?

I think there's no set rule for this. I don't think anything has been worked up to the point of ... well, let's put it this way. Ideas are coming in.

LOL ideas are coming in is as specific as no ideas are coming in  

3 hours ago, gunsguy said:

I don't think it will finally happen ?

I feel like something is lost in translation here

same. Slash never says it in another interviews, sure the interviewer makes a bad translation.

3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I'm guessing he said "don't know if it will eventually happen" or something to that effect

I just read the headline, cause you just can read the interview only for suscription. But the headline, indeed says it. I be sure is a bad translation.

2 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Thing's have changed during that time. I'm sure he answered that way because deep down he knows it's all up to Axl. And then he got the call to do this recording thing at his house, reason why he has been much more positive about it on his last interviews .

Nothing to actually be worried about now that we found out that the interview is not new.

EDIT: i'm a native spanish speaker and the translation is true. But I'm thinking that maybe the reporter didn't hear correctly since the interview was done on the phone.

Y es la entrevista de un sitio de Córdoba...los cordobeses tienen fama de mentirosos....:D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Looks like Slash has had that meeting every nugnr member has had, and indeed Slash himself had back in 1995-7, whereby they, with best intentions, visit ginger bollocks with their demos and leave holding only their penis. 

yeah im DTJMFin THIS 

only this time slash is pissed - he realizes FUCK im married to axl rose and he's a real bitch 

axl is almost a lost cause by now, if i were slash i'd almost wrap it up and be like dude you wanna be motley crue or led zeppelin x 10 this is this 

i'd like to hear from guys like that guy that says he wrote november rain in a short story and the guy that played a mean keyboard to notes that weren't written by him 

to the current and past loser lineups of the CD era yes NITL counts as one (musically) to the the TB team who are so unfathomably famous and rude in their interactions to be like yeah this is it 

and most of all to that gay interview duff and axl did where they hold nothing back in saying well fuck u this is pure $ don't all the billionaires say that $ isn't the focus 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

7 hours ago, NachoLZ said:

New Slash Interview with VOS (Entertainment news site from Argentina).

When asked about the new GnR record (translated by me):

Rest of the interview (Google Translate):

Source: https://vos.lavoz.com.ar/musica/slash-me-gustaria-pero-no-creo-que-haya-nuevo-disco-de-guns-n-roses?fbclid=IwAR0nKaBOojUKi5s6K0liGrWaRPu0onycTvXHGv5q9gyKQdaF9lhy0SlYY68

i agree the likes of guns, led zeppelin, doors and pink floyd you can't make a movie that lives up to it- its a funny thing that gnr in that category 

the only movies that were good of rock bands or stars is john lennon imagine or the new documentary 

u can't outwrite those huge bands that had a million dynamics come into play 

the dirt was pure shite for people with IQ's of 110 and less and if that is what movies will be than there is no way even the doors movie was shite 

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Clearly Slash just isn't a legit insider!

The album's happening god damn it.

@DieselDaisy hate you bae.

Until we know for sure a studio is booked with a advertised released date (though with the illusions recording the release date moved so many times, but you know recording was being done) im not getting any hopes up. I think russ may have said that theres more chance of a SMKC album coming out then guns and that scares me.

Guys, the musicians said they wanna do it, Slash said they’re doing it in the fall and that there wouldn’t be any major tour before they release it; the guys got together after 20 years, everything is pointing towards it... why are you being so sceptical? It’s the only logical next step, what else would they do? They wouldn’t get away with another reunion tour – what was supposed to be said and shown has been said and shown. And whatever Axl’s case is, Slash and Duff are people who want to see fruits of their work, so there’s no way they’d be in favour of just perpetual touring of the greatest hits. 
Just relax. It’s not an if, it’s a when. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

This interview was made a few days before the release of the documentary Leaving Neverland, which again put into discussion the allegations of pedophilia about the deceased singer. However, Slash makes it clear that it is not a topic he wants to delve into.

From this part it's obvious that the interview was done a while ago, as Leaving Neverland was released in early March (I guess it's a mistake of google translator and it was a few days after, not before, since they asked Slash about it). So definitely before he went to Axl's house, which was last weekend.

THANK YOU.

can we lock this thread? :P

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AliceJ said:

Is it possible he means something more along the lines of "I can't believe it's finally happening"? As in he's shocked/surprised he's finally going to make another album under the GNR name.

Nop, whats on the OP post is really what is written on the interview so, if the interviewer got it right, it is exactly what Slash said.

But it can also be Slash pissed off because it wasn't supposed to the interviewer talk about GNR and he did so anyway.

this has to be a translation issue.  there is no way Slash would say that with a 'mini-tour' scheduled, etc.  My honest guess is that he implied the opposite of the quote, as in "I think it will finally happen". Pretty easy to mis-translate with an extra word in the quote.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheHelgo said:

this has to be a translation issue.  there is no way Slash would say that with a 'mini-tour' scheduled, etc.  My honest guess is that he implied the opposite of the quote, as in "I think it will finally happen". Pretty easy to mis-translate with an extra word in the quote.

And publish it like a completely uninformed journalist, having no clue what the band’s been lately up to, what Slash’s been lately saying in interviews, not allowing a shadow of doubt to be casted on the whole thing before publishing it...

Smeghead. 

I'm sick of it, I do not believe in a new album, we'll have a new tour without new songs, it's more profitable to do shows, they do not want to release something new. I have the impression that they do it only for money, not for love of music.

Many bands that do not do more tour continue to launch something here or there, when we talk about GNR there is something indefinite, even with the return of Slash and Duff I do not know if there will be a new album.

Edited by TheSlashrose

6 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

I'm sick of it, I do not believe in a new album, we'll have a new tour without new songs, it's more profitable to do shows, they do not want to release something new. I have the impression that they do it only for money, not for love of music.

Many bands that do not do more tour continue to launch something here or there, when we talk about GNR there is something indefinite, even with the return of Slash and Duff I do not know if there will be a new album.

I think you need to chill out. This quote is obviously badly translated and Slash has spoken publicly SINCE, reiterating their intentions to do another GNR record, so this really is nothing more than a case of fans getting themselves in a flap about a whole lot of nothing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I think you need to chill out. This quote is obviously badly translated and Slash has spoken publicly SINCE, reiterating their intentions to do another GNR record, so this really is nothing more than a case of fans getting themselves in a flap about a whole lot of nothing.

I'm quiet, man, I'm just tired of reading everyday that we have a new album, but we actually heard about it from Chinese, you know? It's not concrete information, I do not think Slash will record his parts and Axl will release that soon.

Edited by TheSlashrose

Anything regarding a new album, I believe it when I hear it from Axl and no one else, and even then I will remain very sceptical until I actually hear new music.

Fact is GNR have concerts booked later this year, if they don't debut a new song or Axl at least mention on stage that he is working on a new album with the band it's most likely never going to happen.

All those interviews are just boring and dreadful, for the musicians and for the fans. Let the music do the talking.