Old Slash Interview: "I don't think it will finally happen (about new Guns N' Roses album)"

34 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You don't see any videos of Axl, Duff and Slash making drunken jokes while driving a taxi either, or messing about on stage...because they are adults now. 

Made me :lol: How cringeworthy would that be.

Although we all know Axl still messes about on stage with everyone and texts everyone lame jokes when not on tour. Such a jokester.

10 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

Might, might not have...Can you imagine them like that with Frank, Mel and Fortus in any circumstance?

Bottom line, people drink with friends :)  :)  

Behaving like they are drunken kids? No I can't imagine then like that with anyone at this point, these are family men with families :)

Using the assumption regarding the inter-personal friendships of bandmates we don't know ourselves, in supposed situations we are not privy to, seems like an odd way to make a point though with all due respect :lol:

10 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Behaving like they are drunken kids? No I can't imagine then like that with anyone at this point, these are family men with families :)

Using the assumption regarding the inter-personal friendships of bandmates we don't know ourselves, in supposed situations we are not privy to, seems like an odd way to make a point though with all due respect :lol:

with all due respect...it doesn't take a genius to figure out there is no bond between Slash/Duff vs Fart/Ferr/Mel..., as opposed to the bond they had with Iz/Gilb/Matt

seeing the guys having fun on the way to the venue and concluding they are drunk is an rather odd way of concluding things for a grown up, unless you were there and know more then us? :lol:

Edited by shotsfired cro

Is a new Gn'R record that important anyways? It certainly doesn't look like it to Axl.

As far as the touring 'machine' goes they could keep on touring the world with their greatest hits tour indefinitely and keep on making a shit load of money. We all know that. 

Edited by trqster

34 minutes ago, trqster said:

Is a new Gn'R record that important anyways? It certainly doesn't look like it to Axl.

As far as the touring 'machine' goes they could keep on touring the world with their greatest hits tour indefinitely and keep on making a shit load of money. We all know that. 

Nah. They don't have the back catalog or the respect that bands like The Who or The Stones have. I'm not a huge fan of those bands myself, but you need to have those things to tour indefinitely. 

GNR will have to go to smaller and smaller venues, charging higher and higher prices if all they intend to do is tour from here out. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Nah. They don't have the back catalog or the respect that bands like The Who or The Stones have. I'm not a huge fan of those bands myself, but you need to have those things to tour indefinitely. 

GNR will have to go to smaller and smaller venues, charging higher and higher prices if all they intend to do is tour from here out. 

So let’s say for fun venues goes smaller and smaller and than chash is not so big anymore. They have to cut the losses and fire some of the staff/member. Who will it be? 

Mellisa? 

4 minutes ago, Popcorn crew said:

So let’s say for fun venues goes smaller and smaller and than chash is not so big anymore. They have to cut the losses and fire some of the staff/member. Who will it be? 

Mellisa? 

If the Pitman wages lawsuit is anything to go by, they simply start paying Mel in IOU's ('I owe you' notes) :facepalm::lol:

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Popcorn crew said:

Mellisa? 

Huh? Smaller venues with the higher prices would yield the same profits. 

If they keep the band members, unfortunately I dont think they'll ever drop to lets say...clubs... I can see them back to 3/4 arenas but GNR is such a huge and stabilished brand that there will always be casuals willin to pay them high amounts of money to see a half assed performance of SCOM and they know that. 

What is a shame really cause they know there will always be a comfort zone. 

And they can always pull the AFD 5 move and get back to stadiums again and it can go endlessly until one of them passes. 

Edited by default_

21 hours ago, janrichmond said:

alcoholics don't

I didn't say that btw

On 5/10/2019 at 4:12 AM, shotsfired cro said:

Might, might not have...Can you imagine them like that with Frank, Mel and Fortus in any circumstance?

Bottom line, people drink with friends :)  :)  

GNR have a clever way around that back catalogue issue where they don't need to release new music.

when their own songs have been exhausted or uncle Ax cant sing them anymore they just use other bands back catalogues and milk them ;)

3 minutes ago, donny said:

GNR have a clever way around that back catalogue issue where they don't need to release new music.

when their own songs have been exhausted or uncle Ax cant sing them anymore they just use other bands back catalogues and milk them ;)

A lot of people believe that one of those two things has already happened.

Edited by lame ass security

Axl can still obviously bring it, he just doesn't prepare before shows.

new music is bound to happen imo, they cannot milk the back catalog forever

it's just the way it goes with this band, with Axl: he does his thing in his own time but that doesn't mean he's not an active musician. For all we know he already has a plan in place to keep things moving along. I believe he didn't lose the fire, he still wants Guns to have a future.

the 20 years break between Axl and Slash introduces an interesting set of circumstances. What is it gonna sound like when you put proper tunes with Slash's incredible guitar playing ability and the chance to put his mark on it again? I think that as fans we're in a good place right now. there are things to look forward to even if some fans are understandably jaded.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, trqster said:

Not unless they want to start heavily modifying the setlist.

I'm a musician myself. Just released my album #8. I don't understand how Axl can live as a musician for decades and not release music. The creative process of making something new, trying to find that amazing sound, putting out your emotions in music is the greatest feeling in the world. Everybody in Gn'R releases music on their side projects. Everybody but Axl. It's too bad that such a talent is wasted because of his insecurity, perfectionism and most of all laziness. 

Musicians keeps releasing new music, trying to get better and better but Axl is fucked up in the head. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

with all due respect...it doesn't take a genius to figure out there is no bond between Slash/Duff vs Fart/Ferr/Mel

So because you haven't seen a video of them cracking jokes in a car means whatever music they make together will suck?  I'd say at least wait 'till you hear a new album, if that day ever comes, then go off lol

6 hours ago, cpaxlvacy said:

I'm a musician myself. Just released my album #8. I don't understand how Axl can live as a musician for decades and not release music. The creative process of making something new, trying to find that amazing sound, putting out your emotions in music is the greatest feeling in the world. Everybody in Gn'R releases music on their side projects. Everybody but Axl. It's too bad that such a talent is wasted because of his insecurity, perfectionism and most of all laziness. 

Musicians keeps releasing new music, trying to get better and better but Axl is fucked up in the head. 

I think he's just making sure it doesn't fuck up the catalog and certain things got in the way besides life like the record company like Tommy said. most of all I do believe he created a lot of music, just didn't release it cause he didn't feel it was the right time.

I also think that maybe for Axl a Guns record is something that has to contain certain elements, it can't be just another album, he doesn't seem to want to repeat himself like Slash for example so the standard might be so high in his head that yea it's got to be right for him to release it. DJ said Axl always writes. perhaps now all the conditions of releasing more music are there.

12 hours ago, WhazUp said:

So because you haven't seen a video of them cracking jokes in a car means whatever music they make together will suck?  I'd say at least wait 'till you hear a new album, if that day ever comes, then go off lol

so you honestly think Slash and Duff are as close to Ferrer, Fartus, Melli as they were to Iz, Gilb, Matt but there ain't no video!?:facepalm::question:

which ones you hadn't seen, the current line up or the 90's?

Whatever...I see you mentioned new album...