NachoLZ

Old Slash Interview: "I don't think it will finally happen (about new Guns N' Roses album)"

9 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Not sure I know what you mean, those were lyrics from Tenth Avenue Freezeout that you posted.  Right?

Right.  Forget GNR, the Blues are going for the cup!  Woohoo!

Posted (edited)

As much as I would like new music, let's not forget that this band first disbanded because they couldn't agree on a direction. Take Use Your Illusion as an example! It's almost like a compilation album, and the reason for it, was that it was done to make everyone happy, in Axl's words.

They have been together for what? 3 years now? I'm sure touring is great but I think an album is probably still a touchy subject. Nobody wants to ruin the whole thing. Duff and Slash don't wanna pressure Axl, they probably rely on Axl's initiative for starting things up. On the other hand, Axl probably is very passionate in including material that he had already created before the reunion, with other musicians, and that might not set well with Slash and Duff. 

The impression that I get from all this interviews, is that everyone is expecting to do an album at some point, but at the same time, they don't wanna pressure Axl into it, and in the meanwhile they're probably trying to reach an agreement on the direction that they want the album to go to. At this stage they're probably just throwing bits and pieces, ideas etc...  Slash: "Hey Axl look at this riff I did on Saturday", Axl "Not bad...save it for later" kind of thing...

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 1

Keith Roth (Sirius XM DJ) all but confirmed a new GnR album is in the works/will happen.  I was listening to Hair Nation over the weekend when he said this (for what it's worth).   

2 hours ago, Original said:

Keith Roth (Sirius XM DJ) all but confirmed a new GnR album is in the works/will happen.  I was listening to Hair Nation over the weekend when he said this (for what it's worth).   

What is his ‘word’ like? Is he generally good for making statements which are legit or is he just commenting on what we are saying online?

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

What is his ‘word’ like? Is he generally good for making statements which are legit or is he just commenting on what we are saying online?

No clue.  That's why I said (for what it's worth).  TBD I guess.