The Wildhearts

Bansidhe

Any other Wildies/Ginger fans here?

New record Renaissance Men from the lads dropped at the end of last week.

10 years since the last one and now with Danny McCormack back on bass.

Not a dud on it.

Really loving this one.
Has vibes of Powerage era AC/DC at the start then it's proper 70s Quo but heavy as fuck when it kicks in.
Ginger is one of the absolute top songwriters the UK has ever produced imo.

7 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

I'd never heard of them until a Japanese friend introduced me to their song "I wanna go where the people go."   Haven't thought of them in years.

They used to bother the UK charts fairly regularly back in the day.

Never had a huge mainstream run partly due to idiotic management and also due to their own self destructive behaviour.

They've always had a hugely loyal following in the UK and Japan but oddly never got a lot of exposure in the states.

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

10 years since Chutzpah? I love that album a lot, never skip a track from it. 

Not listened to the new one properly yet but I really like what I’ve heard so far. 

I couldn’t get time off work to go and see them on their UK tour but they always put on a great show live. 

Yeah.

Saw the Chutzpah tour in Glasgow.

Played the whole record then a few oldies.

Seen the WH/Ginger countless times over the years. New record has stuff that will undoubtedly be a mainstay in sets going forward. Makes the difference hearing that unique bass sound that Danny has again. No longer just a nostalgia act.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soon said:

Never heard em before. That track is killer!!!! Best new rock n roll Ive heard in too long :headbang:

Mad that it takes a bunch of lads in their 50s (well Danny's not quite there yet) to put out something that sounds so vital and pissed off.

You'd think in this climate that there'd be more young angry sounding punk bands about. Sadly not.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

Mad that it takes a bunch of lads in their 50s (well Danny's not quite there yet) to put out something that sounds so vital and pissed off.

You'd think in this climate that there'd be more young angry sounding punk bands about. Sadly not.

Well said. I wonder whats up with that? I agree that it seems that these times would be producing pissed off rock and punk.

Ive heard it said that this is 'generation selfie' with identity politics dominating pockets of the left and identarian (racist) politics dominating pockets of the right. And to be sure there is plenty of angry racist music. But the mainstream is maybe all far too focused on ourselves to really care about the climate enough to be angry? Our smart phones are adult soothers (binky's)? 

I guess Im partially basing that on the fact that I listen to a lot of Dawes and Alabama Shakes lately and both are introspective. Dawes is very focused on understanding and healing. Alabama Shakes has anger but is very much about processing anger, not sitting with it in the raw. I dunno, thinking out loud here, sorry :lol:.

Peeps on here dont want Axl pissed off about the current climate so maybe money talks too?

We need more like this Wildhearts track!

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They are in amazing form as usual :heart:

Looks like they’re playing Sheffield in September, I’ll be going to that. £20 a ticket as well, half the price of Duff’s solo tour :lol:

Duff is a good lad but G is so many times the songwriter. Promoters ripping the arse just because of who he is.

Actually missed out on a ticket for this run but a pal had a +1 guestie for Edinburgh so jumped on the train through on Saturday past.

They're doing a show with Gun and Terrorvision later in the summer at the Kelvingrove Bandstand in Glasgow. Tempted but wonder what it'd be Iike as I'm sure it's all seated.