Velvet Revolver - 'Messages' on any CD? (physical release)

Sweersa

I really like the Velvet Revolver song 'Messages' Why it is not on the album Libertad, blows my mind. 

Was this song ever released on CD (as in, a physical disk) I have not been able to find it on any non-American release, or a single. I like having actual real CDs and albums, looking for this song for my collection on some official CD.

Thanks!

Mods: If this is posted in the wrong section, please move where it belongs.

Edited by Sweersa

10 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I really like the Velvet Revolver song 'Messages' Why it is not on the album Libertad, blows my mind. 

Was this song ever released on CD (as in, a physical disk) I have not been able to find it on any non-American release, or a single. I like having actual real CDs and albums, looking for this song for my collection on some official CD.

Thanks!

Mods: If this is posted in the wrong section, please move where it belongs.

I thought for sure it was on a CD Single at least, but apparently I'm wrong. I went to their Discogs page:
https://www.discogs.com/artist/252206-Velvet-Revolver

and took a look through pretty much every release only to find out it's not on anything. What a bummer. That's probably my favorite VR song. 

It was bordering on self-sabotage that VR didn't put Messages on Libertad, which was only ever an average quality album. As Russ said, it's one of the bands best songs, and one of Slash's best songs outside of Guns.

The only fathomable reason I can think of is that the opening part is almost identical to the intro to Interstate Love Song. But Messages is a better song imo. Perhaps thsy didn't wanna put it on the album for fear of the DeLeo brothers hearing it.

Edited by Towelie

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses fellas, yes it was a horrible idea to not put Messages on an album. There must have been a somewhat logical reason, to me it's clearly one of their best songs. 

Maybe they will have a greatest hits or something with it on there, though for a band that only put out two albums, I'm not sure how realistic a greatest hits CD would be, though I think they could have a single disc packed with good songs between the two albums and bonus tracks/b sides.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/05/2019 at 2:19 AM, Sweersa said:

Thanks for the responses fellas, yes it was a horrible idea to not put Messages on an album. There must have been a somewhat logical reason, to me it's clearly one of their best songs. 

Maybe they will have a greatest hits or something with it on there, though for a band that only put out two albums, I'm not sure how realistic a greatest hits CD would be, though I think they could have a single disc packed with good songs between the two albums and bonus tracks/b sides.

Only problem is, every song on Contraband is head and shoulders above any song on Libertad with the exception of Messages. 😂

7 hours ago, Dangelus said:

Only problem is, every song on Contraband is head and shoulders above any song on Libertad with the exception of Messages. 😂

I like The Last Fight, in fact, years ago it was the only VR song I really liked. 

7 hours ago, Dangelus said:

Yeah, it really was quite incredible how much Libertad sucked compared to the debut. Messages was literally the one good song they had on that record. What the hell went so wrong?

I remember Sorum saying at the time how he felt like Libertad was a much better album and I remember thinking he was deluding himself.

31 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I like The Last Fight, in fact, years ago it was the only VR song I really liked. 

Agreed on The Last Fight but I'm struggling for a decent song on Libertad after that. I know Slash says it about the Sympathy For The Devil Gnr cover, but Libertad is really what a band breaking up sounds like!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...