Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gambit83

Appetite for Distortion - Salli Frattini talks 2002 MTV Video Music Awards | Ep. 121

Recommended Posts

NEW! Ep. 121 - Salli Frattini, Sunset Lane Entertainment

"Until Axl was in the building, we didn't tell Jimmy Fallon that they were coming on." The former SVP/Executive of Production for Music Specials/Events at MTV shares the TRUE 2002 MTV VMA GNR tale. She also shared the experience of Tim Commerford climbing the stage production in 2000!

iHeartRadio --> https://ihr.fm/309TET4
Spreaker --> https://bit.ly/2Hdeolt
SoundCloud --> https://bit.ly/2HcaBEN
Stitcher --> https://bit.ly/2HnXGhC
Google Play --> https://bit.ly/2Vue5eL

60346367_2005002882959944_8290846671667986432_n.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening now. I forgot you'd asked Fallon about introducing them. I'd love to meet Fallon someday and talk music. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to listen to this one.  Such a memorable moment in GNR history whether you liked the performance or not.  I'll never forget it.  One of my friends was actually AT the VMAs as her brother had somehow gotten tickets to it.  I am still jealous of her for that.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Listening now. I forgot you'd asked Fallon about introducing them. I'd love to meet Fallon someday and talk music. 

A girl I used to work with was into the NYC punk scene and she said she'd regularly see Fallon at shows years ago before he sobered up.  Apparently he liked to hit the sauce hard.  He'd show up by himself and say hello to anyone who wanted to speak with him. He might still drink for all I know, but at the very least he's eased up.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WAR41 said:

Can't wait to listen to this one.  Such a memorable moment in GNR history whether you liked the performance or not.  I'll never forget it.  One of my friends was actually AT the VMAs as her brother had somehow gotten tickets to it.  I am still jealous of her for that.

A girl I used to work with was into the NYC punk scene and she said she'd regularly see Fallon at shows years ago before he sobered up.  Apparently he liked to hit the sauce hard.  He'd show up by himself and say hello to anyone who wanted to speak with him. He might still drink for all I know, but at the very least he's eased up.  

Yeah my understanding is the fall in his kitchen that almost took his ring finger off was sauce-related and kicked him closer to normalcy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard those things about Fallon. I always thought he'd fit right in at my Friday night record spinning sessions, but maybe not if he's sober now :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I've heard those things about Fallon. I always thought he'd fit right in at my Friday night record spinning sessions, but maybe not if he's sober now :lol:

I'd assume Fallon is one of those people that you'd need to be on the sauce to tolerate him. I appreciate his appreciation (a weird thing to say, btw) for GnR but I can't stand him in general.

Those fake laughs are some of the worst sounds I've ever heard on live tv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to know who the guy was Axl high fived during the performance, and if he is a member on here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

I'd like to know who the guy was Axl high fived during the performance, and if he is a member on here.

I've always wondered the same thing! That hand shake was fucking epic

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11.5.2019 at 1:58 AM, Crazyman said:

I'd assume Fallon is one of those people that you'd need to be on the sauce to tolerate him. I appreciate his appreciation (a weird thing to say, btw) for GnR but I can't stand him in general.

Those fake laughs are some of the worst sounds I've ever heard on live tv

me, too. i think, he is a good guy, not an asshole at all, but he is simply not funny at all and almost as childish as MJ. its hard to understand that he has such a huge audience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredible episode @Gambit83.  Some great insight from an industry veteran.  It seems like the GNR 2002 appearance wasn't nearly the most stressful act she's ever dealt with.  Very cool stuff.  

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×