Guns N Roses sues brewery

50 minutes ago, zombux said:

yup, people just have no idea what they are drinking, thinking that the shitty mass produced pale lager is the only way to go.

actually, I really like Oskar Blues stuff, it's quite rare here in Europe but sometimes someone manages to import it.

especially their Death By Coconut coconut porter is extremely good.

so they have my full support in their poking of the GNR sellout shit with a stick ;) 

Oh, coconut porter is excellent :drool:

I've never had anything by Oskar Blues mostly because Im convinced that the breweries near me are the best, lol. I have the areas of my province ranked. 

Haha, a good coconut porter can win my heart as well. Yeah, to me music and beer are cultural things, so I think its neat when they can make reference to one another outside of commerce. Like, did Night Train ever sue GNR? I doubt it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creed said:

Better call Saul, Axl.

Who's next? Axl sues Bailey's©, Slash sues the /-sign? Duff, the king of beers, sues Duffman?

Oh yeah...

l.jpg

wait till they here about that cheese from a few months back. Ferno will come down hard on them. 

The document of the lawsuit:

https://www.docdroid.net/zZAOia1/20190509-gnr-vs-oscar-blues.pdf

----

GN'R had filed a "notice of opposition"/complaint to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in March

https://tsdrsec.uspto.gov/ts/cd/casedocs/pdf/proxy?url=http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/ttabvue-91247205-OPP-1.pdf

and the brewery company abandoned its application for registration of the "Guns N' Rose" trademark

https://tsdrsec.uspto.gov/ts/cd/casedocs/sn88062803/mega-bundle-download?docs=&assignments=&prosecutionHistory=3

but apparently it wants to continue selling products under the brand for another year, so GN'R filed the lawsuit. It says that the company also sells bandanas with the "Guns N' Rose" brand.

Replies on this thread are idiotic.

Of course they are going to sue. Companies cant use other people's brands to promote or sell their stuff without paying them (or at least get some sort of consent). 

GnR has every right to sue them, and they should do it

Edited by Sanomatovic
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Duwz said:

so basically anything with "and Roses" in the name is suable

I guess I can call my memoir 'Guns N' Roses Approved' then, as they haven't sued me! But I won't, as I don't know, and out of respect for the band, and appreciation for not suing me if they have heard of me!

18 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

100%. I wonder if the people who take issue with the band sueing, or seem to make light of the subject matter, would be happy if someone profited off their ideas, name and hard work, to make money for themselves at their expense. 

If I was as rich as Guns N' Roses I honestly wouldn't give a monkeys. 

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If I was as rich as Guns N' Roses I honestly wouldn't give a monkeys. 

If you were like GNR, you'd probably have a lawyer/legal team managing all those issues too. I really doubt any of the band members wasted a lot of time on this or got really pissed off about this. It's just business.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Lio said:

If you were like GNR, you'd probably have a lawyer/legal team managing all those issues too. I really doubt any of the band members wasted a lot of time on this or got really pissed off about this. It's just business.

I certainly wouldn't have people like Team Brazil in charge!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I don't think his legal team would trigger a lawsuit without permission of Rose and/or his management.

Maybe not, but this seems like a no brainer. Company brewing Guns N' Rosé? Quite obvious it wouldn't pass. Blos N' Roses with two hairblowers as guns? Again, quite obvious.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

It's called counsel because they counsel and if you are smart you usually heed your legal counsel. 

And my answer to that counsel would be, ''I couldn't give a toss''. Are these the same legal representatives who tried to remove the fat memes by any chance?

Guns N' Roses are a lunatic asylum anyhow. They are basically a template on how not to run a band.

Just now, Lio said:

Maybe not, but this seems like a no brainer. Company brewing Guns N' Rosé? Quite obvious it wouldn't pass. Blos N' Roses with two hairblowers as guns? Again, quite obvious.

I'd let it pass but that is just the way I am wired. It is just a beer with a pun on the band name. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

1987 W. Axl Rose would have sued 2019 W. Axl Rose for falsifying identity, masquerading deficient product under ''Guns N' Roses'' trademark and generally being shit. 

You always seem to ignore the facts. You have no evidence to suggest anything you say or believe in relation to how Guns N Roses and its management operate "a template on how not to run a band". 

Fact, that template lead to the 2nd highest grossing tour of all time. That template as an outsider looking in and as stated by current band members has created an environment that is welcoming, friendly and an atmosphere that has helped the band members become comfortable around each other more so two key members who have put their personal issues behind them after decades of not communicating. 

Thats a template on exactly how you should create and manage any work environment so your core business can continue to function in the future. 

Why do you think its progressed from  a reunion tour to talk of new music, because of that template that's been created by the bands management and people closely associated with the band. 

Thats something you always overlook, the facts. 

Edited by kiwiguns

I don't blame GNR one bit for this.  When this beer came out, I had thought that it was marketed by GNR since other bands are doing it as well. They are well within their rights. 

One of my college buddies drew up a logo similar to either a Smirnoff vodka bottle or Jack Daniels bottle in the late 90s. He wanted to do a side gig of starting his own computer business while in college. He knew this would draw attention and it did. He received a cease and desist letter from the company. He was still a college student at that time. 

• Like 1